Chapter 9

The remaining 1%


I looked at her, surprised at how good she was at talking back.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her so I could continue the talk and move on to a topic.

"Working and studying," she said, minimizing her words

"Who are you waiting for," I asked. "My friend," she answered

I was about to ask another question when she cut me off

"Why are you here?" she suddenly asked. "To buy coffee," I innocently said. "Why are you sitting in front of me?" she asked me again

"Because I have the freedom to sit on wherever I want," I answered back, and she scoffed.

"Aren't you done with seating down? Don't you have anything to wait for, right? Or... You want to be with me that's why you're here?" she smirked while asking me

I got flustered with what she said and panicked about what to answer.

"Who said I-i wasn't waiting for someone?" I suddenly blurted out without thinking.

"oh really? Who?" she asks me, still smirking. "M-my friend and she'll be coming in a few minutes" I said and rolled my eyes.

"My friend would be coming soon too, and I guess we can wait for them together" she shrugged and focused back on her laptop.

I was panicking thinking about who I should call and come to my rescue. I opened my phone and messaged our group chat.

Sana: Who is at home right now?

Jihyo: Not me

Nayeon: Not me(2)

Jeongyeon: me!

Momo: me! (2)

Chaeyoung: I was about to go out. Why Sana unnie?

Sana: could you come and pass by the cafe nearby?

Chaeyoung: I'm sorry, Sana unnie, but I'll be going the other way. Sorry.

Sana: No, it's okay, Chae, don't worry. Jeongyeon unnie?

Nayeon: Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon, you said we were going out today. Why are you at home?!

Jeongyeon: oh . I'll be there in a flash. Nayeonie wait for me.

Momo: Wish your date would go well, so I won't see somebody sleeping on the couch

Sana: Momo?

Momo: what do you want?

Sana: Come to the cafe real quick, please

Momo: Uhm..... No

Sana: I need you here asap, momo. It's an emergency

Momo: call 911

Sana: fine, your food is my treat. Just come here right now.

Momo: be there in a minute

I was so focused on my phone, but then I felt someone staring at me. I looked up and saw Tzuyu looking at me suspiciously.

"Why?" I asked her. "aren't you too open right now? Your fans will quickly recognize you." she asked worriedly.

"Oh, I forgot I only got my face mask," I said. "It's because I wasn't supposed to stay, so I didn't bring my stuff. I planned to get my drink and go back," I thought while worrying about how to cover my face.

While I was worried about my cover, I suddenly felt a hat on top of my head. I looked at her, putting the cap on my head, and unknowingly blushed.