Chapter 46

The remaining 1%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIF0st2mnCA

■ Contains a bit of profanity ■

~ Song for the Chapter ~

• 12:45 (stripped) - Etham

Tzuyu's POV

*FLASHBACK*

I came home drenched in blood after the ambulance got her from me. I walked to my room lifeless. Dahyun was surprised to see me with blood and stopped me to ask questions.

"What happened to you? Did somebody hurt you? Tzuyu talk to us" Dahyun said while shaking both of my shoulders but my mind was blank and empty. I stood there with my eyes on the floor.

The TV then reported about what happened at the concert.

"Sana, a member of a popular Kpop girl group was in an accident just a little while ago. A big backdrop fell and hit her. She was now ran to the nearest hospital, we will get back to you once we get more details about her condition"

Dahyun and Mina then looked at the television and the pictures of the scene were portrayed on the screen. They then silently looked at me.

"What happened?" they now asked me but in a more soft tone as they knew I was going through a lot

"Are you okay?" Dahyun asked me and I looked at her. Visible tears can be seen in my eyes yet I stop them from falling

I slowly went to my room and they didn't stop me anymore. As soon as I went inside all my strength was gone and I was left laying down on the cold floor.

The tears I was trying so hard to stop, now continuously flow on my face. I tried not to make any noise while I break down but my heart breaks too much to care.

I was crying hard on the cold floor thinking about what happened. I blamed myself for it. I can't stop thinking about her condition but I can't get myself to go to her. I can't see her on the hospital bed. Her smile repeats on my mind and my cry just gets louder.

"I don't deserve her. I'm a coward who can't fight for her. I can't even protect her. I hurt her already. I'm not gonna see her anymore and that's my punishment"  I talked to myself

After a long while, I slept in tears on the floor.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

It's been days that I cut off any communications with anybody who was close with me. That was the only way I think that nobody will get hurt. All I did for the past days was to go out and drink and come home at midnight when all were sleeping while I was drunk. I go out when I notice that no one is around anymore and that cycle just continues. I once even slept on the street cause I was too drunk. Good thing I can protect myself. I did everything I could to distract myself but nothing works.

I remembered hearing that they were going to Sana for today and pack some lunch, so I swiftly went to the paper bag where they put the lunchboxes and slipped my container in it. "My last gift for you I guess" I said as I went out to drink again.

I just got home still drunk and when I opened the door, in my surprise I saw Dahyun sitting at the dining table. I tried my best to not attract her attention even if I knew she was probably waiting for me

"Stop Chou Tzuyu" Dahyun sternly said but I laughed it off

"Why Dahyun unnie?" I said in a joyous tone without looking at her

"Sit in front of me, how long will it be until you have a proper talk with us. I may understand you cutting ties with others but us? Tzuyu we're your friends for 's sake!" Dahyun shouted at me and that immediately sobered me up

I quietly went and sat in front of her. She rarely gets mad. I can't even imagine her getting mad but today was an exception. She's so mad that I'm actually scared.

I looked down as I sat. "What do you plan to do Chou Tzuyu?! Get ing drunk every day! We let you slide for a couple of days even if we knew what you were up to but you had no plans of talking to us. We thought that you just needed space but isn't it too long? I don't even know why you're avoiding Sana? Is it because of the scandal? Her being an Idol? Did you fall out of love? Is Sana even the problem why you're acting this way? I-" Dahyun sighed as she angrily talked to me but she tries to calm herself down.

"Please at least tell me what's going on, don't bottle it all up to yourself. We are your friends" she said more calmly.

"I'm sorry unnie, I didn't mean to. I just don't want anybody to get hurt. I'm a fool and a jerk, I know that well so I wanted to distance myself and also to lessen the pain for all of us. I also need a rest from all of it" I told her. I knew she was right, they need to at least know because after all they are my friends.

"I'm leaving Korea" I told her. Silence overpowers us. I waited for her to talk. We were both deep in thoughts.

"When is the flight?" She asked "Tomorrow" I replied while fidgeting my fingers because of nervousness. I heard her sigh

"I'm disappointed Tzuyu, are you planning to leave without us knowing? Are you really just gonna leave us wondering? We should have at least thrown a farewell party for you but it's too late. That was one selfish act Tzu, to lessen the pain? Does nobody get hurt? You know that's bull Tzu, you just made an excuse"  Dahyun irritatedly said to me, all I could do was look down. After a long silence, Dahyun decided to change the topic.

"By the way, Tzuyu was your contract terminated, or did you leave?" She asked me

"Uh well I will probably get my contract terminated anyways but I resigned, I was already planning to leave. My parents called me and arrange my flight last week. I was bound to just pass by Korea and get some experience in this field" I told her and she nodded