Chapter 23

The remaining 1%

Sana's POV

I'm washing the dishes as I lost the game. It's midnight already but I don't feel like sleeping yet. I glanced at my phone actually hoping that she would call.

Actually don't even hope, she's probably asleep already. I thought and sighed as I finished washing the dishes. I opened the tv and watched some shows cause I was so bored.

*Ting*

My phone suddenly vibrated so I looked at it without enthusiasm.

My smile appeared as I saw who texted me.

Tzuyu: are you asleep?

I replied as soon as I read her message

Sana: No. Why are you still awake?

Tzuyu: I got hungry so I went to the store near your place

Sana: Eh! Can I meet up with you?

Tzuyu: Sure I'll be waiting

I immediately wore my jacket, cap, and mask before running down our building

I went to the store Tzuyu was at and I felt happy as soon as I saw her back.

"Tzuyu-ah!" I shouted brightly but she covered my mouth with her index finger.

"Yah! It's midnight don't shout" I blushed as she came close to me but she acted as nothing happened and went back to getting the food she want.

I was just standing at the back while following her. She was tall so I was covered and I needed to look up to see her.

"Tzuyu-ah?" I called her

"hmm?" she said while busy getting food

"Why did you come to this store? Isn't this one station away from your house?" I asked as she might be tired of coming here

"Ah..... the store near our place didn't have the snack I wanted so I came here" she said feeling embarrassed

"Cute" I said loudly so she could hear it.

"I know" she said and winked at me as she find her way to the counter.

"you flirt" I whispered as my heart jumped a beat.

She finished buying snacks.

"Let me walk you to the station" I told her and she just nodded

We were walking side by side in the quiet street with lamps as a source of light.

No one was really talking and I didn't feel the need to talk as just walking with her makes me feel relaxed

"What are you gonna do tomorrow?" I asked her as we got near the station.

"Work as usual I'll probably do an all-nighter with them since the concert is near" she sighed

"I'll go to the concert so I guess I'll see you there?" I told her without thinking.

"Oh really? Yeah of course you'll see me but I may not have the chance to talk to you since I'll be busy that day" She said brightly at first but slowly got sad.

"It's fine we will go there to have fun so you focus on your work, don't worry" I reassured her and we finally arrived so we bid farewell to each other. She smiled and her dimples were showing.

"Be safe going back home text me when you arrived safely" she shouted and I showed her a thumbs up

I can feel her still staring at me until I went away from the station.

It didn't take a while for me to get home and as I opened the door I saw Momo smiling while looking at her phone.

I peaked at her but only saw that she was texting someone coz she swiftly covered her phone.

"Yah! What do you think you're doing! " she shouted at me

"I wanna see why were you smiling wide" I told her and just shrugged it off but she was still glaring at me so I apologized to her.

"How's the date with Tzuyu?" she said while getting something to drink. I looked at her confused "You left excitedly and arrived happily" she answered like she knew what was on my mind.

"I look like that every time how could you just tell by my smile" I defended myself.

"It's different" she simply said

"How different? I have my usual smile?" I defended while looking at the mirror.

"It's just different. You don't need to be so defensive let's just say that it feels different for me okay? So sleep already!" Momo told me and pushed me inside my room.

But what Momo told me won't leave my mind.

Why different? I don't feel different though. Did they just get me wrong I just wanted to be friends? I ask myself continuously but my head just hurt.

"Let's not think about it anymore" I decided and flopped to my bed to fall asleep.

Another day has come and we were really busy for this week and Tzuyu was busy too so we didn't see each other. We tried to text from time to time but it slowly stopped because of our busy schedule.

"I miss her" I blurted out while looking out the window. As I was just thinking about her she appeared as we pass by the company's building, I was happy to even have a glimpse of her yet it didn't last long when I saw her smiling with someone, Got7 Bambam, my mood just fluctuated.

I tried doing other things to forget about it but then Nayeon unnie knocked on my room with a smirk.

"Someone is downstairs and I know you'll like to see her," Nayeon said and raised her eyebrows

"Who?" I asked out of curiosity

"Chou Tzuyu" My eyes opened wide when I heard her name.

"Okay I'll go later" I said to hide my excitement yet as soon as I heard the door close I ran to my closet and wore the nicest outfit I have. I waited for a minute before going out but I didn't see her outside and Chaeyoung was already on her way back up

"Where's Tzuyu?" I asked her

"I just talked to her but she said she needed to go she just dropped by as she went to JYPE. She just went out if you ran to her you might catch her" She said as she goes her way to the elevator

I ran outside and looked for her but she wasn't around anymore. I sighed as I turned around in despair.