Chapter 2

The remaining 1%


"When are you going?" I asked her, "this filming is my last work, so I'm officially not your stylist anymore?" she said while smiling

"Eh?! No!" I said as I clung unto her. "Why? You have nothing to be scared of. You even have the 99% of the people in this world would admire title written in the article for a reason, right?" she said. "I'll try to get friendly to the new one, but I can't promise that" I scoffed and let her go, and a little while, she bid farewell to us.

I opened my phone and saw some articles about us, but the "99% of the people in this world would admire" article showed up again. "yeah, people admire me, and no one could resist me. I don't even know if that 1% even exists. So why would I be scared" I thought. "But why am I nervous?" I accidentally said out loud, and Momo looked at me. "nervous of what?" she asked. "Nothing" I answered immediately.

"Oh, by the way, Chaeyoung and I would go to our company building. Will you come?" Momo asked. I thought about it for a little while, but I accepted her invitation since I got nothing good to do.

"Be excited your new stylist just came to work today," she said and teased me. "Why would I be excited about a new face? We don't even know if she would be good as Unnie," I irritatedly said "oh? What's this negative vibe I'm getting? We didn't even meet her yet, yah don't be mean to the stylist if we meet her later" she worriedly told me.

As we finished our conversation, we arrived at our company.

"I'll be meeting up with Chaeyoung upstairs. If you don't have anything to do, come with us. We'll be looking for the new stylist" she said while raising her eyebrows.

"No, thank you. I'll be at the dancing studio," I said and immediately faced my back at her.

On my way to our dance studio, I heard music coming from the trainees dancing department.

"Isn't there a break time? Why is someone still practicing." out of curiosity, I peaked inside and saw a tall figure eating by herself. As I stared intently, I saw her face. "she's much younger than I am. She has a model-like feature. She'll definitely debut in no time, but she better be talented and hardworking," I thought to myself.

I didn't notice that we were already staring at each other, and she stared at me like I was a weirdo. "H-hey, what are you doing eating alone there? You should go to the cafeteria and eat with the other trainees," I told her to break the awkwardness. "Wait, why did I stutter?" "I don't see any reason not to eat alone?" she talked back with an expressionless face

"Yah! You should socialize with the other trainees like you and respect me. I'm much older than you are"  I angrily shouted at her.

"But I'm not-" she was about to finish her sentence, but I cut her off.