Ika-labing walong Haka

Lagom.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Case files here, and there… it’s just endless! I chose this work din naman so I have no one else to blame but myself but it was something I was looking forward to, when I was younger.

 

But things change pala talaga ‘no?

 

Kasi I used to want to be a lawyer inside and out—people who keep emotions aside, logical, and far from being compassionate most of the time.

 

I wanted to run from everything way back then, run from these things that keep on haunting me… run from the things that I refuse to mourn for. 

 

Pero like I said, things eventually change… that time I spent in that cemetery-like house, that whole time… I realized how I never wanted to run, I just wanted to come home. I just wanted a family that I can call my own… something that I’ve been wanting to have ever since.

 

The future has always scared me, facing the real world frightened me kasi I know people are cruel. The world itself is cruel.

 

I never thought na those plans I had would change, but I’m glad it did. Kasi if it didn’t, then I would not have this smiling little lady in front of me as I bathe her.

 

“You’re enjoying the water huh?” I laughed as I poured water sa ulo ni Luna. Since she cannot sit pa, I’m doing my very best na ‘wag sya malunod sa tubig. I’ve contacted the nurse that used to assist her for some instructions when I was about to bathe her the first time.

 

I don’t wanna mess it up naman ‘no, and have my daughter drowning!

 

“You didn’t want mommy Alistaire to bathe you last time huh?” Last weekends kasi, Alistaire tried to bathe her pero Luna didn’t want to and kept reaching for my hands.

 

“Your mommy Alistaire knows how to take care of infants naman po…” Luna was just looking at me, I feel like I’m convincing her pa to let her Mommy Alistaire take care of her… I mean, it takes time nga naman to trust another person.

 

The last time na I left her with Alistaire—what a stupid memory, nevermind.

 

That Nica girl… 

 

It will forever be there, the scar of what happened before will always be there but I chose to forgive her.

 

“Luna, don’t be like your mommy Alistaire huh? She’s so lapitin ng malandi!” Luna just smiled at me, showing her gums.

 

“You don't want to come with your mommy Alistaire, but you’re just like her…” I laughed at that. Will I see them two copy each other’s habits once Luna gets older?

 

I bet it would be cute.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter