Chapter 7

Love is Not Over

Days passed and Y/N is still in the hospital. Sometimes she is alone because her oppa’s needs to work. Minhyuk said he will take a leave but she refused. In her alone time, she is thinking about her baby, she always rubs her tummy and she is lonely. There is a time that she is blaming herself and also blaming Jungkook about this. She asked Minhyuk to give her a new cellphone saying that the other one is broken but the truth is she kept it. She doesn’t want to see any pictures of Jungkook and his number.  After few more days she got discharged.

Jungkook on the latter part doesn’t even know how to go to Y/N. He wanted to see her, apologize for what happened and he is also blaming himself. He should have reach her out, he shouldn’t give in to his emotions. He feels so right now. He abandoned her in the moments that she needed him the most. He is so pre occupied with his annoyance and anger due to their situation and he forgets that he needs to calm down and be with her.

Now he was not able to reach her out. His hyungs did the same but they cannot locate her too. They didn’t know that Y/N chose to stay in the dorm inside the school. A sudden change happened to her. She became focus to her studies and she is determined to have a good job. Days turns into months and months turn into years.

BTS is now famous, they are having different concerts around Asia. Jungkook was able to pass his licensure exam and became a professional Engineer. He seldom uses his practice but he still knows how to make buildings. Everybody thinks that all of them are okay. The hyungs think that Jungkook moved on already but they are wrong. He didn’t move on; he still holds into the past. Waiting that someday he will see Y/N.

Y/N became a licensed Architect, she is using her profession and she is in demand.  She is working in a company who is quiet famous when it comes to designing homes. She didn’t reach out Taehyung and the others. She is slowly moving on and hopes to finally heal someday. She still thinks about her child. The child would be 2 years old if the baby survives.

Minhyuk and Jungshin entered the military a year after and now she is alone living in their house. But sometimes she went to different places because of her job. She is enjoying it. She knows what is happening about BTS, they are famous and sometimes in the news.

“You know, that band is famous huh.” Jin stated. They are actually in a restaurant where a music is playing.

“I guess so.” She said as she shrugs.

“Architect Kang, you are always serious.” Jin added as he smiles at her. “You should enjoy life.”

Y/N looks at Jin or Kim Seokjin. He is an Industrial Engineer whom she met years ago, he is actually a senior from their middle school before and a close friend to her cousin. Jin is a nice guy older to her by 4 years he is nice and everybody knows in the industry that he likes Y/N. Been courting her for a year now.

“Engr. Kim you are always jolly.” She replied.

“Don’t you want that?” he smiles, his oh so beautiful smile.

“Come on Jin, let’s stop talking about how happy life is.” She said as she started to eat. Then a familiar song came into the radio.

“Oh, it’s Jungkook’s song.” Jin said as he hums the song.

Euphoria is a song where in Jungkook puts his all. For the past years he is releasing songs that its either heart breaking or full of love. He is getting popular when it comes to writing their songs.

“in song.” She whispers but Jin was able to hear her.

“Lady, language.” He reprimands.

“Aish, let’s just go. We need to work.” She said as he gets up from her seat and gets her bag. “Jin, come on.”

Jin pouts at her. “Why won’t you call me oppa?”

“Never, will never call someone oppa other than my relatives.” She said.

“AIgoo, this lady having a bad mood again.” Jin stands up. “Come on.” He said holding her wrist.

Y/N just looks at Jin’s hands on her. Then she looks back at Jin, for years Jin is there with her through her ups and downs. The only person who can stand her being hard headed times and emotions. It seems like he can understand her always. Maybe being older than her makes him understand her more.

“Jin.” She calls. Then both stop and Jin looks at her with a questioning look. “Thank you.” Jin tilts his head. “Thank you for sticking up with me despite of my attitude.”

Jin smiles at her and closes their gap he put his forehead to her. Y/N is blushing; she closes her eyes not caring if people around them are seeing them. “You know I love you right? So I am willing to be with you, through your imperfections.” He said placing a kiss on her forehead. “Come on.” He smiles and guided her inside the building.

For years, the jolly and happy Y/N was replaced by a serious and hot headed Y/N. in the office, some people are really questioning her attitude. Jin is their boss but she acts so carefree around him, she didn’t call him with honorifics when it’s the two of them but in the office she calls him Engr. Kim.  She is also fond of Jin’s niece who is Two years old. She likes the kid so much, maybe because she can see her child at her. Jin became her friend at the same, since he is matured he always give her advices about life and what a mature person will do.

They went back to their work and Y/N is really serious not until Jin came to her office.

“We have work.” He said handing a paper to her.

She looks at Jin and in the paper. “What is it? We are full right?”

“This one is especial, they handpicked us.” Jin explains.

Y/N looks at the paper, she saw a photo of an open lot and the things that the client likes. “Hybe?” she looks at Jin. First thing that came inside her mind is Jungkook. “Why us? No, I will not take this.”  She pushed back the paper to Jin.

“You can’t say no. The firm already agreed to this. We will be leaving for Seoul tomorrow. You will see Namjoon again.”  He smiles at her.

Y/N sighed. “That idiot.” She removes her eyeglasses and rubs her hands to her eyes. Is this fate? Is she gonna see Jungkook?

“I am not sure if we need to go back home here from Seoul after meeting with the client.” Jin thinks for a second. “I guess we can crash at Namjoon’s place.”

Y/N laughs. “You just want to see Joonie and his crazy acts.” She looks at her clock its almost end of shift. She gathers up her things and looks at Jin. “Guess I’ll be seeing you tomorrow.”

“Right. See you then.” Jin winks at her and leaves the room.

 

In Seoul.

“Good job boys.” Sejin stated, he is the manager of BTS since they started in Hybe. “Go ahead and take a good rest.”

They are currently in their dormitory. Their music is so hit for the past years and they gained so many fans. Their lives changed 360 degrees. The hobby that they have before is now their means of living.

“Have you heard?” Taehyung stated.

“About what?” Jimin asked as he eats his chips.

“Hybe is building another studio office in Seoul. It’s going to be for us.” Taehyung winks at his brothers.

“Really?” Jimin asked with a question on his face. “How come you know this things?”

“Why won’t I? our resident Engr. Jeon is going to be one of the Engrs there.” Taehyung smiles at them in satisfaction.

“Whoa?! Really?” Jimin sits beside Jungkook who is looking at the photos of the empty lot. “Finally you will use your skills.”

“Well he is part of the team but I heard that the company hired the best Engineer from Busan.” Taehyung added. “I don’t remember his name but last name is Kim.”

“Whoa, from home.” Jimin whispers and glances at Jungkook.

Since they went back to Seoul, he never visits Busan. And his brothers know that he is living in guilt. He searches for Y/N but he never saw her, it’s like she purposely hides from him. Her phone number changes and they cannot ask CNBLUE oppas for her number.

There’s no single day that he didn’t think about her, the songs that they made, the ones that he wrote are for her. He is really suffering but he didn’t let the people around him see it. His hyungs are aware that he is still the same. Jungkook never look for other girls tho girls are flashing themselves to him. He keeps his hands to himself.

There is no closure between the two of them, if that is still applicable. But one thing he is certain that Y/N hates him so much. And every day he wakes up his brain reminds him that thing.

****

Y/N is now standing in front of the lavishing building of Hybe. At the lobby there is a museum where in the awards and other achievements of their artists are located, there is a coffee shop too and store where to buy official merch.  She and Jin are wearing their formal business office attire. As they enter the lobby few people notice them and they are looking at Y/N.

“Is there something wrong by the way I look?” she asked Jin.

Jin smiled and shakes his head. “No, you look so stunning actually. I think I fall in love more.”

Y/N chuckles at it. “Cut it out Jin.”

“I am serious, well aside from my handsome face that people likes to look at, you are here with me. So it makes us a perfect couple.” He winks at her.

Jin’s humor is always working at her. “What will I do without you.” She whispers.

“Your life will be sad.” He replied.

They are having a fun time talking when the secretary calls for them. They are ushered in the 4th floor. Inside a waiting room.

“This company is really rich.” Y/N stated. She looks around the place and there are pictures on the wall. She gets off of the couch and walk towards the other one, its BTS photos. She looks at Jungkook’s smile. The only thing that she can feel is anger and hate.

“SEOKJIN!”

Y/N looks at the door and there she saw his cousin. Kim Namjoon who is a rapper and a famous one in the country.

“NAMJOON!” Jin returns the excitement as he run towards Namjoon and they both hug each other.

Y/N laughs as she looks at the two best friends.

“Where is my baby cousin?” Joon asked Jin and then he looks at the other direction and saw Y/N. she smiles at her showing his deep dimples. “Baby Y/N!” he run towards her and hugs her.

Y/N rolls her eyes towards him. “Yah, Namjoon ah. My clothes.” She said as she breaks the hug but she smiles at him.

Namjoon widens his eyes. “Yah, what’s with name calling. Call me oppa, I am your cousin.”

Y/N thinks for a second, well yeah Namjoon is her cousin. “Well yeah. Oppa.” She sticks her tongue out at him.

“So, I thought you guys have a meeting? About the new building?” Namjoon asked in excitement.

“The secretary said we still need to wait few more hours.” Jin answers.

“Then let’s go! I’ll give you a tour in the building.” He said as he holds on to Y/N’s hands and Jin’s shoulders. “Loosen up a bit, come on don’t be too formal.”

Y/N nods and removes her blazer. “I’m sick of standing and sitting straight. Let’s go. Hmm where is Hoseok shi?” She said.

“Hoseok is recording as of the moment.” Namjoon smiles at them. “He will be seeing you later.”

And that’s it Namjoon gave them a tour in the building, he showed them his studio and the other places in the office. The gym, the dance studio and cafeteria.  Then one thing that caught Y/N’s attention. The studio where the band is practicing.

“You wanna try?” Namjoon asked.

“Are you kidding Joonie? Is it possible?” Y/N asked. It’s been a while since she plays. Tho she knows who is the one who always practices in that studio, the owner of the sticks in that Drum set.

“You can try it; you have my permission.” Namjoon smiles. So by that they enter the studio and Y/N looks around. This is the place where Jungkook and the others are playing. She looks at the drum set carefully. She can see the different kinds of sticks there. She misses her first love, music. And that person.  She looks at Namjoon he just nods at her.

“What song?” Namjoon asked. “Is it still the same? On Ok Rock?” he smiles and Y/N nods. “Here, wear this.” He said as he handed his in ear to her.” He went to the mixer and other stuffs to play the music that Y/N wants. “Is this your first time to see her play?” he asked Jin.

“Well, for drums. But guitar and others, not the first time.” Jin replied he is getting excited to see her.

“Well, you need to watch this. You will be mesmerized.” Joon winks at Jin.

Y/N settles on the drum set and she hold on to the stick. The exact stick that Jungkook is using. She taps the drums few times to check if its tuned. And then she plays with the stick and she looks at Joonie.  Later on she heard the music. Just like years ago in the arcade but now real drums. The beat is rock what do you expect for “Deeper Deeper”

Jin is there looks so stunned as he looks at her. He looks at Namjoon. “I love your cousin Joonie.”

Joon placed a hand on his shoulder. “I know Jin, its visible.”

It’s like Y/N went back time. She admits that Jungkook’s set up in drums is really nice. She has this smile on her face as she enjoys playing it. The set is high standard and she likes the sound.

 

***

Now what will happen once Y/N and Jungkook crossed paths?