Chapter 2

Love is Not Over

The next morning. Y/N woke up and bit late, she prepares herself because she will go to the printing shop before going to Uni. As she gets out she saw her brother in the kitchen. “Oppa, you are still here?” she looks at the clock and its almost 8 in the morning.

“I over slept, are you going now? Let me drop you off.” He said as he gets his car keys. Y/N hurriedly follows Minhyuk and they left for school.

“Oppa, I need to go to the printing shop.” She said and Minhyuk nods at her.

The printing shop is near the Uni and she can just walk from there, as Minhyuk drops her off she went straight to the shop and the latter goes to work.

It’s actually a normal day for her since she needs to work hard on her studies. She is actually studying architecture and is really passionate in her studies. Few years she will graduate and will be able to get a good job in one of the architecture facilities in Seoul. That’s her goal and she wanted to design a house for them. She still has another year after this one and the she is done.

She is sitting in the open space in the school park where here are benches and tables, she is looking at the pictures that she printed. She got so may good ones for CNBLUE and then she looks at BTS. She likes how the shots are so candid and then she is looking at Jungkook’s pictures. A smile crept on her face as she remembers what happened last night.

On the other side of the place Jungkook is there looking at her. He is a bit away from her but he can still her smiling. His heart beats fast as he saw her like that.

“Hey. Engr. Jeon she might melt by looking at her.” Jimin said as he pats Jungkook’s head. “Why not go and talk to her.”

The wind suddenly blows and he can see that her hair is blown away as the leaves from the trees falls from above. The scene is so heavenly and he didn’t even notice his hyungs beside him. Taehyung and Jimin. He is actually about to approach her but then some of her friends came to her table and they started to chat.

“I guess not now.” Jungkook said with a smile and then he marches to his next class.

 

Jeon Jungkook, 25-year-old who is a graduating student who is taking up Architectural Engineering in the same university as Y/N is. He is very skilled in what he is doing. Since they are graduating students now they seldom stay in the University for classes. They are always on the site of the building that they are assigned too. His course is difficult but he loves it so he is excelling on it. He and Y/N had some classes before and actually for their school club they joined the same one. Which is under music club. But since before he has eyes on her during high school. They are classmates since then but he didn’t take a step to be closer to her because of her brother.

 

Lunch time came and Y/N is there is her usual spot, having a book in front of her while eating a gimbap. She is so focused in reviewing and she didn’t notice that someone sits beside her not until a canned juice was pushed to her side and she saw it. She stops and looks at her side and saw Jungkook smiling brightly at her.

“Oh, Jungkook shi.” She smiles back at him.

“You look so focused.” he smiles as he looks at the book. “Are your exams coming over?” she pouts at him and nods. “For sure you will nail it.”

“Thank you.” She smiles at him and remembers that she has the photos. “oh! I already printed the photos, here.” She said handing the envelope to him.

“Omo, you actually don’t have to print it. We can ask for the soft copy but thank you anyways.” She smiles.

Since high school Y/N knows that Jungkook is smart and handsome, this is actually their proper conversation after so many years. He saw Jungkook looks into the photos with a smile on his face. She can see his bunny smile and his eyes widened as he saw his photo.

“Y/N shi, this is nice.” He said to her.

“Thank you Jungkook shi.” She replied.

However, Jungkook scrunch his nose. “Can we drop the formality? As if we didn’t know each other since high school. Adding ‘shi’ makes me cringe.” He laughs. They talk normally just like nothing happened the night before. You know the kiss.

“Jungkook oppa.” She said and the latter was stunned and a blush crept into his face but Y/N didn’t show him that she noticed it.

“Then I’ll just call you Y/N ah.” He is happy with their interaction then he looks at the book. “You really enjoy doing the architectural stuffs?”

“Neh, I like to design houses and you are building one right? Also how does it feel to be in the site?” she asked curiously.

Jungkook sits comfortably beside her. “Basically the feeling is nice. And I was able to work with the professional engineers around. Looking into the building being made is fulfilling.”

“Engr. Jeon Jungkook.” She stated and she likes the way she says it. “It suits you well.”

“Architech Kang Y/N.” he stated. “It’s nice but its better if it’s going to be Architech Jeon Y/N.” he said as he put his face closer to her, nose almost touching.

Y/N is flustered and she remembers the kiss last night. She backs away from Jungkook, she is so surprised and she started to gather her things and gets up and walk passed Jungkook who is looking at her surprised.

“Great Jungkook you just ruined your chance.” He said to himself. But then he gets up. “Go out with me.” He said and he saw Y/N stops. She looks at him with a surprised expression on her face. “One chance, if you didn’t like the experience I will not bother you again.” He stated.

Y/N is about to leave him but then she heard him loud and clear, he is asking him for a date. She looks at him surprised. There are so many guys who tried to ask her before but she didn’t let them because of her brother. Now she is contemplating. She likes Jungkook, but not to the love thing. She is just attracted to him. She thinks that maybe it’s time for her to follow what she wants. She looks at Jungkook who is waiting for her answer. She exhales and smiles at him. “Fine, I’ll go out with you.”

“Yes.” Jungkook pumps his fist. “You will not regret this.” he said as he closes their gap. “When are you free? This weekend are you okay?”

Y/N thinks for a moment. If its weekend for sure her brother is there and he will ask why is she leaving. “Can we do it after my exam? Friday?”

Jungkook nods. “If that is comfortable with you. We can set it on Friday.”

Y/N smiles. “Thank you for this.” she said about the drink. “See you then.”

“Wait.” He said a bit hesitant. “Can I have your number? So I can reach you out.”

Y/N nods at him and inputs her number to her phone, he then calls her so his number will be registered to her phone. “See you around oppa.” She said and then went to her next class leaving Jungkook with a satisfied smile on his face.

 

After few days, night time, Jungkook and his bandmates are having their regular practice at Taehyung’s place.

“What’s with Jungkook and he is super happy today?” Yoongi asked as he fixed his guitar.

“I am not sure actually, he is not saying something.” Said Jimin with a shrug.

“Yah Jeon.” Taehyung came and strangle the youngest.

“Hyung!” Jungkook said as he removes Taehyung arms from him. “Wae?”

“What do you mean by wae?” Taehyun raised an eyebrow at him. “You are so happy today, something happened?”

And by that question Jungkook gave his brothers his bunny smile. And they all giggles.

“Something happened?” Jimin asked curious.

“I asked Y/N for a date.” He said blushing.

“Waaaaaa!” Taehyung shouted. “Way to go Kookie. When?”

“Friday, after her exam.”

“Aigoo, do you have a plan. But wait, he agrees to go out with you??” Yoongi asked puzzled. “What about Minhyuk shi?”

“I guess she knows the consequence because she asked me if it’s okay that we can go out this Friday after her exam.” Jungkook stated.

“Jungkook be careful about this.” Yoongi stated. “If Minhyuk shi caught you, both of you will suffer here.”

“Neh hyung, we will. I am actually thinking maybe I have a chance with Y/N ah.” They are talking when his phone beeps. He looks at it and smiles.

“Owhhh seems like something came up?” Jimin asked peaking at Jungkook’s phone. 

“She made me something.” Jungkook said to his hyungs with a giggle.

“Oh my gosh, seems like our youngest will soon have a girlfriend. And you guys are exchanging messages.” Taehyung added.

“So what did she made?” Yoongi asked.

“Packed lunch.” He sheepishly smiles at them.

“Aigoo, she is making food for you. Well we all know her since high school, it’s just that we are higher year so we won’t be able to talk to her.”

“We are going to eat lunch together tomorrow.” Jungkook said with a blush.

“Oh gosh, you are so in love.” Jimin pinches the latter’s cheeks.

“Come on lover boy show me what you got.” Yoongi stated as he signals that they should start practicing.

****

The following day. Y/N is in her usual spot in the cafeteria drafting something on her sketch pad. She is so focused and she didn’t notice that Jungkook sits in front of her. Jungkook is looking at the house that she is drawing.

“We can build a house together.” He whispers.

Y/N smiles but still not looking at Jungkook. She places down her pen and looks at him, she smiles seeing him in a styled hair. “You look so good today huh.” She compliments.

“Of course I need to look presentable.” He said winking at her. “Especially that we are having lunch together. “

Y/N smiles and with that she brought out the lunch that she prepared. Jungkook was amazed to see the presentation. “This is bento box.”

“Neh, I made one for Minhyuk oppa too, I hope you will like it.” She said as she handed him the chopsticks.

“I am sure this tastes good.” He said as he started to eat the piece of meat. And he got this super satisfied expression and Y/N giggles at her. “This is good, no better.”

“Omo, you are joking me oppa.” She smiles and started to eat her food too. But deep inside she is happy, while eating she take a glimpse of him who is happily enjoying his food.

“Let’s take a photo.” Jungkook said as he brought out his phone. Y/N immediately strike a pose. They actually enjoy their lunch and Jungkook even walk her to her next class.

“We can actually create a layout or blue print for the house that you are making.” He offers.

“Jinja?” she said eyes sparkling in excitement.

“Is it for your project?”

“Aniyo, I actually wanted to build that house for me, it’s my dream house.”

Jungkook stops. “We can make it.”

Y/N nods and noticed that she’s already in her classroom. “Oh, I am here already. See you then.”

“Oh wait.” He said as he gets something from his bag. “This is for you.” He said as he brought out a rose for her.

Y/N automatically blushed because of it. “Thank you.” She said shyly and Jungkook smiles at her and pats her head and walks away.  As she enters her class, her classmates are looking at her with a teasing look.

 

After the class its around 6 in the evening and she is walking out from her last class. She didn’t expect to see his brother with Jungshin out in the open are of the university. She was able to notice then because there are few girls around them.

“Oh there is our princess.” Jungshin said with a smile as she waves at her.

“Oppa, what are you guys doing here?” she asked as she places her things inside her bag.

Minhyuk automatically put his arm over on top of her shoulder. “How is school?” he smiles brightly.

“Few exams and I am done.” She said as she nuzzles her head to his chest. “It’s exhausting oppa.”

“Aigoo, our princess is tired.” Jungshin said and gets her bag. “Lemme have this.”

“Thank you, by the way what are you doing here Jungshin oppa?” she asked as they walk towards the parking of the university.

“Well, I’m going to ask you both to eat dinner. My treat.” He said as he ties his hair in a ponytail.

“Aigoo, oppa is going to treat us this is nice, where are we going to eat?”

“I heard that Jimin, the bassist of Bangtan has a restaurant, I mean their family. Maybe we can try.” He suggested and looks at Minhyuk.

“Anything you like since you are paying.” Minhyuk smiles at him. “Let’s go, princess needs to go home early since she still has exams.”

Jimin’s family resto is not that far, they are serving the local foods in Busan. As they enter the place there are few customer and they saw the unique style of the resto it’s a fusion of traditional and modern style, one thing that caught their eye is the band sets up in the corner of the resto.

“Owh so they are performing here?” Jungshin asked as he looks around and saw pictures around.

“I guess this is the place where they first play.” Minhyuk stated as he checks the photos. However, he sighed as he saw a certain picture.

“Good evening!” a guy approached them.

“Oh hi, we would like to dine in please.” Jungshin stated.

“Here please.” The guy stated. They followed the guy and sits on the designated place that he assigned and handed the menu. They pick their order and then waited, later on few people are entering the resto.

“Excuse me.” Jungshin asked. “The instruments, are they free to be used or its off limits?”

“Oh they are actually ready to be used, while waiting few customers can play and sing if they want too.” The staff stated.

“Thank you.” Jungshin said and then he looks at them. “Hey, this is our chance.”

“What do you mean chance?” Minhyuk asked.

“Let’s perform.” Jungshin smiles and looks at Y/N. “What do you think princess?”

Y/N nods at him. “You can sing while oppa can play guitar.”

“And you can play the drums, just the tom and floor bass.” Jungshin added.

Y/N shake her head. “You know I don’t perform in public.”

“You will, now.” Jungshin pulls her towards the set and looks at Minhyuk. “Come on Minhyuk ah.”

Y/N looks at the sticks for the drums, she saw an engraved initial on it J.K. she knew that its Jungkook’s. Minhyuk picks the guitar checked if it’s on tune and then he looks at his sister who is familiarizing herself on the set up of the drums.

“Let’s play Love light.” Jungshin stated.

Y/N nods at them, she ties her hair in a bun and hold on to Jungkook’s drums sticks and counted the beat. Then Minhyuk started to play the guitar and then Jungshin stared to sing the song. Y/N is actually vibing over the song.

Right at that moment Bangtan enters the store and they are surprised to see the members of CNBLUE playing and Y/N on drums who is playing with a smile as she looks at her oppas in front of her. The song is mellow so the drums is not that unpleasant to the people’s ears. The lyrics is actually cute its like a guy who is deeply inlove with someone.

Reference:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FiHaMhyZrk

“CNBLUE is here?” Taehyung asked surprised.

“Well its Minhyuk shi, Jungshin hyung and Y/N!” Jimin stated. Then he saw his brother. “Jihyun ah, do you know them?”

“Costumers.” His brother stated.

“Those are members of CNBLUE.” Jimin added.

The first song ended and applause was heard. Jungshin gave Y/N a thumbs up. Then Minhyuk stands up and goes to her. “Let’s change.” He said with a smile.

“Oppa, no.” he said getting shy.

“Come on, go with you Jungshin oppa and sing.” He holds on to her hands and push her a bit. “Manito.”

“Jungshin oppa.” She said with a pout.

“Come on princess give us your heavenly vocals. “ Jungshin signals Minhyuk.

Once the song came she started to sings and that blows away Jungkook so much.

 

Have strength today, you’re doing a good job

I hope you’ll smile as you listen to this song

I couldn’t tell you in words

But my heart is going to you

 

Sometimes, when you’re feeling down, lean on me

I’m just a friend to you but

Do you know?

To me, you’re already my girl

 

My love, stop and turn around

You might get surprised

But it was hard for me

I saw you smile and cry

But I couldn’t tell you

As if I was your manito

 

If you want me to protect you from far away

I’ll do that, but know this

The smiling you, the crying you

The person who loves you the most is me

Please know

 

“Watch out for the drool.” Taehyung teases Jungkook.

The hyungs can see that he is smiling from ear to ear.

“She is really talented too.” Jimin added.

As the performance ended. Y/N noticed that Jungkook and the others are there. She became suddenly shy when Taehyung waves at her signaling a thumbs up. Minhyuk and Jungshin also noticed that the BTS boys are there and their food also arrived.

“I am starving let’s eat.” Jungshin said.

“Oh yeah, this is my talent fee.” She joked at her brothers. She looks at the food and its looks very delicious. “This looks so cool.” She smiles at Jungshin. “Thank you oppa.”

“Awww how can I resist if you are looking so cute like that.” Jungshi added with a cute pout.

“If you are as same age as mine I might fall for you oppa.” She said as she put some food in . Jungshin and Minhyuk looks at each other.

“Yah, yah, yah.” Mihyuk stated as he pinches her cheeks.  “Jungshin is your brother.”

“Aigoo, I know. That’s why I said if we are the same age. How will you not fall for Jungshin oppa? Look.” She pointed Jungshin. “He is handsome and thoughtful.” He winks at the latter.

Jungshin laughs so hard. “Aigoo, I know why are you like that because you wanted to get more food from me. I know you Y/N ah since you are a kid.”

Y/N laughs at him. “You really know me.”

“But.” Jungshin added and gets the sibling’s attention. “She is right, Y/N is a very attractive woman and I might fall for her.”

Mihyuk whacks his head with a spoon. “Cut that out you freak.”

Y/N is enjoying her time with her brothers. While the BTS boys are there in the other table.  They are going to eat too and still waiting.

 

“She is really close with Jungshin hyung.” Jimin stated.

“Neh, she literally grows up with him, Jungshin hyung is MInhyuk shi’s classmates since they are kids.” Jungkook stated.

“So you guys are knowing each other’s background now huh.” Taehyung said as he glances at Y/N who is smiling as she talks to her brother.

“I wonder why Minhyuk shi is so strict when it comes to Y/N.” Yoongi added. As their food started to come they eat. Few minutes Y/N and her brothers are about to leave, they passed by at the BTS’ table.

“The food is nice.” Jungshin said to JImin.

“Oh, thank you hyung.” He said with a smile.

“I actually wanted to ask you guys for some jam other time. I want to see you play with your bass.” He said to Jimin.

Jimin smiles and nods at him. “Sure hyung.”

Jungkook and Y/N are not looking into each other but Y/N is smiling.

“Y/N ah.” Yoongi calls. “Maybe sometime we can also Jam.”

Y/N gives him a nod.

“Minhyuk shi.” Taehyung calls. “I really like the way you play your instrument.”

Minhyuk smiles at him. “Let’s drop the ‘shi’ you can call me hyung.” He replied and Y/N looks at him surprised. He looks at Jungkook and nods. “We need to go.” He said and hold to Y/N’s hands.

“Well, you know Minhyuk, start calling him hyung. Oh you saw our princess earlier right?” the BTS boys nods at him. “There’s a lot more to see. See yah.” He said and waves at them.

 

****