Chapter 8

Love is Not Over

BTS boys are approaching the studio when they saw the lights open and a sound is being heard. So they entered the other door wherein they can see the people inside but the wont be seen. All of them are shocked to see Y/N.

“IS THAT Y/Nnie?” Jimin asked wide eyed.

Yoongi looks at Jungkook who came closer to the glass and looks closely at Y/N. Suga put the volume high so they can hear her play.

“It’s really her!” Taehyung stated. He wanted to get out but Yoongi stop him.

“Not time.” Yoongi whispers.

“How many songs do you want me to play?” Y/N asked Namjoon. “I might ditch the meeting and just spend time here.” She jokes.

“Just go, as many as you want.” Joon stated.

“Wait!” she said as she gets up from the chair. “I know this is BTS’ lair but I want to play CNBLUE’s” she then handed her phone to Namjoon. “I am sure Minhyuk oppa will change his mind once he saw this.”

“Hey Princess.” Jin asked. “You taught me so can I join?”

Y/N is so ecstatic. “Of course!”

Jin enters the booth and looks at Namjoon. “Joon, is it okay to use this?” he looks at Taehyung’s guitar.

“Go ahead BTS won’t mind.” Joon stated as he checks the songs and he secretly opens the record audio and video. He is happy to see her like this. He informed her that the recording is on.

Jungkook can see the smile of Y/N. He didn’t notice that he is already crying seeing her like this. His hyungs are not saying anything, they want Jungkook to decide for himself. His heart beats faster as he saw her enjoying herself playing. Just like the way she plays in the arcade years ago.

‘Between Us’ plays in the background. Jin and Y/N are looking at each other. Jin is doing the riffs and lead of the song, backing her up with vocals.

“She improves.” Jimin said with a smile.

As the song ended. Y/N is so happy and she is giggle on her seat. “This is so cool Joonie.” She stands up and look at the drums set up. “I miss Minhyuk oppa, Jungshin oppa.”

“Seokjin oppa.” Jin added.

“Yah!” Y/N pinches his shoulders. “But you did well.”

“I learned from the best.” He winks at her. “When are you going to call me oppa??”

“In your dreams Jin.” She said as she walks pass by him and looks at Joon.

“I’ll send you the video and audio.” Joon ruffles her head.

“They know each other?” Jimin asked.

“I don’t know how.” Taehyung stated.

They are talking when someone came. “I heard Y/Nnie is here!” a jolly guy stated.

“Hoseok shi!” Y/N said as she went to Hoseok and hug him. “Oppa.” She whispers.

“AIgoo, our baby looks so pretty and a lady now. Joonie ah look at her. Yah Jinnie do you still pursue our Y/N?” he asked wiggling his eyebrows to Jin.

“So loud Hoseok shi, same as usual.” Y/N laughed.

“Namjoon is popular.” Yoongi added. “That other guy. Seokjin, he looks differently at Y/N.”

Jungkook is stunned, he looks at her. “She looks so beautiful.” He whispers.

Y/N is looking for her handkerchief since she wanted to wiper hear sweat but then Jin did a swift move here. He brought out his and carefully wipes her face. “My princess should look presentable.” He said looking seriously at her.

Y/N blushed because they are in front of Namjoon and Hoseok. “Y-yah, Jin.” She gets the handkerchief from him. And looks at her watch. “Oh its almost time?” she looks back at Jin.

“Oh yeah, Joonie ah we need to go back to the waiting room.”

Jungkook is looking at Jin, on how he acts around her. Did she move on already? As the four of them gets off of the studio the boys went inside.

“Kookie.” Jimin calls.

“I know hyung. I am aware. I am thinking straight.” He said as he gets into his kit.

“You have a meeting few moments now right.” Taehyung reminded him.

“Yes, I remember.” He replied.

Joon, Hoseok, Jin and Y/N are back in the waiting area. There they saw the secretary who ushered them inside the conference room. There they saw some of the client and bosses.

“Good after noon, my name is Kim Seokjin.”

“Kang Y/N.”

They both bow.

“Welcome to Hybe. My name is Bang SiHyuk. Thank you for accepting the offer.” Said the boss. “Oh we are still waiting for someone.” And then the door opens revealing a Jungkook who is a bit panting. Y/N and Jungkook’s eyes crossed paths. “Oh here he is our resident Engineer.”

Jungkook walks to Y/N and Jin.

“Introduce yourself.” Said Sihyuk.

“Ah ne, Engineer Jeon Jungkook.” He said as he extends his hand to Jin.

“Hi, I’m Engineer Kim Seokjin, I love your music.” Jin smiles.

“Thank you.” Then Jungkook looks at Y/N, first time after two years he is able to face her. She extends his hand for a shake.

Y/N doesn’t know what she is feeling. She wanted to get out of the room and at the same time she wanted to make his life a living hell. She accepted the hand shake. “Name is Architect Kang Y/N. Nice to meet you.” Then she withdraws her hands from his and looks at the client. “Should we start?”

The client smile. “Let’s go.”

They all settled in their seat.  Y/N glances at Jungkook. The latter looks stunning but she didn't let her mind travel back to the old memories.

A presentation was flashed in the screen. And Sihyuk looks at Jungkook. The latter immediately stands up and gets in front. Y/N looks at him, this will be her first time to see him like this, formal and very professional. She assumes that the latter is the one who made the presentation and draft that was handed to them.

“Good afternoon, I’m Jungkook and I will be the one to present the ideas that we have for this new property that we wanted to build. I drafted some ideas that I can see since the establishment is dedicated for BTS.” He said and looks at Y/N, he was not able to see her emotion. She is not the same Y/N.

Y/N is really focused in this presentation, she is also checking the draft and the details. On her side Jin is studying the presentation. Jin will be the lead in this project and Jungkook will assist him. Y/N is the overall architect for this. The project was estimated to run for around 8 months. Y/N is impressed in the details that Jungkook did.

Jungkook mastered the art of calmness tho this is the first time that he felt nervous again after so many years. He is also annoyed; he doesn’t even know if that is the correct term for that. He focused on delivering the project to them and in the end they are able to agree that the will start the project as soon as possible.

“Thank you very much for agreeing in this.” Sihyuk stated.

“It’s our pleasure.” Jin said.

“Miss Kang, I’ve been wanting to ask you.” SIhyuk asked.  “Your resemblance to someone that I know, Kang Minhyuk.”

Y/N smiles. “CNBLUE?” she replied and Sihyuk nods. “He is actually my older brother. And Kim Namjoon is my cousin.”

Sihyuk is surprised to know the details. “Wow, we have a small world. Well welcome to the Hybe family.”

Y/N then boys and they proceed to get out of the conference room. Outside they saw the BTS band.

“Oh my gosh Y/N ah.” Jimin went towards her and holds her hand.

Jin is looking at them. Y/N is feeling awkward about everything.

“My my my, our princess is really grown up and pretty.” Taehyung then ruffles her hair.

“Ahm-“ Jin was about to reprimand Taehyung but Y/N hold on to his shoulders as an assurance. He wonders if they know each other.

“It’s been a while Y/N ah.” Yoongi waves at her.

“Hi, it’s nice to know that all of you are doing okay.” She looks at them.

“You look so prettier right now.” Jimin added. “Oh what are you doing here?”

“Well. First this is Engr. Kim Seokjin, we are here to participate in the new project of Hybe.”

“Wow! Cool! You and Jungkook will be in one project.” Jimin is so ecstatic.

“Then I guess, we need to go now. See you then.” She said as she holds on to Jin’s arms and walks away from them.

“I miss our Y/N.” Taehyung sighed.

Jungkook cannot do anything just to look at her. “She is here hyung, right in front of me.”

“Time will come that you need to talk to her.” Yoongi nods at Jungkook. “I can sense that Engr. Kim is really protective of her and I am sure he likes her.”

“I agree.” Jimin nods.

“I don’t know how to talk to her.” Jungkook feels so defeated.

“You have a huge wall to pounced in here Kookie, Engr. Kim looks so in love with Y/N and as I recall last time Minhyuk hyung allowed her to have a boyfriend. Another thing, Namjoon hyung is friends with the latter.” Said Taehyung.

Jin and Y/N decided that they will stay in Seoul for the project, they need to go back and pick up some things since the company is giving them a place to stay. They are actually going to live in the same building where BTS is residing. This is new to Y/N because she needs to live in the same house with Jin, tho there is no problem since Jin is really a gentleman but the other thing is, she is living beside Jungkook.

 

****

Days passed and they finished settling in their new house. Y/N is enjoying her stay in Seoul, this is not the first time that she went to Seoul. Few years ago, she and Jungjook watched a concert of the favorite band One Ok Rock. And they have 2 days for themselves only.

FLASHBACK

“Baby.” Jungkook calls as he gets inside his apartment.

“Here, in the kitchen!” Y/N replied as she continues doing something.

Jungkook went to the kitchen and there he saw her making something. “What is that?” he asked as he hugs her from behind and landed a kiss on her neck.

“Cookies and cupcakes!” she replied with a glee. “Jimin oppa asked me to make one it’s a token for their Professors.”

“Is hyung paying you for this?” Jungkook tils his head.

“Well, I said that he doesn’t need to pay me so oppa said he will buy something for me.” She giggles.

“Is it another lingerie?” Jungkook hugs her tightly. And Y/N slightly nudges his side. “Just joking baby, I prefer you don’t have anything on.”

Y/N tensed because of the statement. “Yah Jeon Jungkook.”

Jungkook giggles at her and then he removed her hands from the cookie cutter and faces her to him. A kiss landed to her lips and she smiles on it. “I have something for you.”

“A present!?” she giggles as she clasps her hands together.

“Aigoo.” Jungkook then carries her to their couch. And Y/N settles herself comfortable in Jungkook’s lap. “I am sure you will like this.”  Y/N’s eyes are glowing in excitement. And then the latter handed her a small envelope. “Open it.”

Y/N opens the envelope and her eyes widened as she saw the contents of it. She looks at Jungkook who is smiling at her. “Oh my gosh.” She said showers the latter so many kisses. “Oppa.”

“You like it?” he asked as he rubs her shoulders with his palm.

“Of course! We will see One Ok Rock live!”

“I am glad you like it.” He kisses her lips. “Baby its two days. We need to stay in Seoul.”

Y/N stops for a second. “I need to have a good excuse for this. Oppa knows I love the band and I am sure he will ask me is if I have someone to be with.”

“We can ask Jungshin hyung’s help?”

Y/N smiles. “Great, I will ask oppa. Omo, the cookies.” She said as she gets off of his lap and went back to the kitchen.

Jungkook is looking at her with smile, he really loves her. Everything about her is so cute and lovable, her simple gestures makes him fall in love more. “Goldy.” He looks at the dog laying on the ground.

“I love your mom so much.” Then he decided to join her in making the cookies.

 

The day of the concert came. The two lovers are able to go to Seoul freely as Jungshin helped them about the cover up. Saying that his cousin is also going to watch the concert and Y/N will be his cousin and unbelievably Minhyuk agrees to it.

Jungkook and Y/N travel early to Seoul. Y/N is being cheeky she keeps taking pictures of Jungkook and kissing his cheeks.

“You are so happy.” He said as he holds her hand.

“Of course! I will be able to see Taka baby and then he is going to sing so good.” She hums in excitement but it gives Jungkook a different reaction.

“Taka baby? Oh so that’s how you call him huh.” He said as he grips the steering wheel.

Y/N has this very satisfied look in her face as she gazed at Jungkook. “Uhm! And Tomo oppa! Ugh he is so good in drums!”

Jungkook is feeling jealous in his seat. “Hmmmm okay.”

And Y/N is very aware of it. She is very ecstatic for this trip, first time to be out of town with Jungkook. She was so pre occupied of the travel and she keeps taking photos. As they arrived in Seoul a very beautiful smile is visible in her face. Jungkook is jealous but he smiles seeing her. They pull over in a famous hotel in the metro and Y/N is so surprised.

They are inside their hotel room, the windows are wide and there she can see the stadium where the concert will be held. She run towards the window as Jungkook places their things on the couch and checks the room around. He saw how fascinated his Y/N, she is so innocent. He slowly walks towards her and hugs her from behind, snuggling his face in the crook of her neck. “You happy?” she nods at him. “I am satisfied to hear that.”

“Thank you oppa.” She smiles and hold on to his arms that is hugging her.  She can see their reflection in the window. “I love you.”

Jungkook smiles and faces her towards him. “I love you too.” He looks at his watch and they still have few minutes before the concert. “We still have time, what do you want to do?” he said planting kisses to her cheeks.

Y/N giggles. “I know you oppa. And I know your antics.” She whispers to him.

“Aish, this is really hard to contain.” He sighed and carries her, the latter clasp her legs to his waist for support and places her arms to his neck.  “You started this in the car.”

“Oh really?” she said giving him a teasing look as she plays with his long hair. Jungkook slowly walk towards to the bed and carefully lays her down.

“I actually want you. Right now.” He whispers as he looks at her while caressing her cheeks. “It’s so hard to control around you.”

“But you are good at it oppa.” She said lacing her hand to his.

“It’s sad that I need to contain it more.” He kisses her nose. “We can’t have you limping in the concert.” He smiles cheekily at her.

“Yah!” she said but hugs him. “I am so excited!”

“I can see it very clearly.” He chuckles. “Let’s eat.” He gets off the bed and extends his hand to her. “Let’s stroll around.”

END OF FLASHBACK

****

 

Some good memories of Y/N and Jungkook.