Chapter 10

Love is Not Over

It’s been weeks that they are working on this site. Since they are with a famous idol, there are press people sometimes in the site and Y/N is not happy about it. The cannot start their work because their actions are being monitored. Another thing that irritates Y/N is the manager of the boys. Its suddenly appears that they have a female manager. She’s always sticking where Jungkook is.

“Why do we have a manager in the site?” Y/N said to Jin as she drops the paper in Jin’s desk.

“Why so irritated?” Jin asked.

“I can’t even focus! If they are here to guard Jungkook then the latter shouldn’t be working here.” She sighed as she sits on the chair. “Jungkook is working here as an Engineer not an Idol. We all know that. However, the people are distracted.” She doesn’t want to admit that she is the one being distracted. “There are so many media men outside, getting pictures or whatsoever.”

“Why are you so irritated?” Jin asked as he gets off of the chair and goes to her and massaged her shoulders. “Calm down. We need to get used to this. You are friends with them so you should accept them.”

Y/N hates the situation. But she doesn’t have any choice. “Fine, but don’t expect me to be nice to that girl Jin. I don’t care if she is the manager or older than me. Its much better if Sejin shi is the one who stays here. This is my field and she cannot tell me what to do.” She stands up and gets off of the office.

And there as she gets out she saw Jungkook and the manager talking. She hates her guts and all of her the manager, Lee YeonMin likes to be with Jungkook no matter where he is. Also there are media men in the gate. She sighed, she never expects that this will happen to them. Her hatred to Jungkook is piling up every day, especially seeing Jungkook being sweet and close to their manager. She went back to her office and tried to brush her negative thoughts away.

One morning, Y/N is not feeling well as they get to work. Jin wanted her to just stay home but the latter is Persistent to go to work.

She is actually on her way to the other side of the building when she notices a commotion happening. The construction workers are shouting and getting her attention. But she’s not hearing them clearly. Everything went blur when suddenly the floor that she is standing breaks apart and she falls to the ground and she blacks out.

Jungkook and Jin are talking inside the office when a super visor barged in, panting and worried. “Engr. Kim!” Jungkook and Jin looks at him surprised. “Architect Kang had an accident, the floor of the second floor breaks in and she fell on the ground!

“What?!” Jin stands up but before he can get out of the room Jungkook dashed out.

Jungkook run as fast as he can in order to go to the place. As he came the second floor of the building collapsed and there are rocks piled up. “Y/N” he is so worried that he rushed in to the pile of rocks but the other worker stops him.

“Engr. Jeon, it’s dangerous.” The workers hold on to him.

“No! Y/N is still there.” He shouted desperately.

“We already called the rescue team and ambulance.” Another worker stated.

Jungkook is being hysterical. He is so worried. Jin also arrived with a horrified look in his face. The workers are stopping them from barging in the scene.

Their manager came and hold on to Jungkook. “Jungkook stop, you are getting yourself into a danger zone.”

“No! You don’t understand! That’s Y/N inside!” he shouted in panic.

“I know its Y/N but she is not related to you.” She replied.

Jungkook successfully let go from the grasp of the workers around them. “You don’t know Y/N so you should not say things to her.” He seriously said.

Jin is calm down because he needs to still lead the site especially now. Even though he is really worried. He is worried that what if Y/N is not breathing or what if something happened to her.

Few minutes passed and the rescue team came with the ambulance around. They started to dig up the pile of rocks.

Y/N opens her eyes and she didn’t see anything. Darkness engulfs the place. She looks around, she calms down and tried to shift her position but she suddenly feels a sting on her arms. And there she saw a huge wound. She was able to crawl a bit but her leg is trapped in a rock. Her head is throbbing in pain and she is feeling nauseous. She is sure that the team outside, especially Jin, he will not let her stay in this situation. However, she is not able to stay awake as she is really feeling sleepy.

Jin and Jungkook didn’t leave the site, they wanted to make sure that Y/N will be out in the pile of rocks safe and alive. Jungkook is really worried he wanted to see her right now. But he needs to calm down. He looks at Jin the latter is handling the situation very well, as usual he needs to make a statement as a head Engineer in the site. This is stressful for him but he needs to manage and face the clients. They still don’t know why the 2nd floor breaks. Luckily there are no casualty aside form Y/N.

“Jungkook ah, you should go home and rest.” Jin said.

“Aniyo hyung, I’ll wait. I need to check if Y/N is okay.”

Jin is being suspicious about Jungkook when it comes to Y/N. Jin is not a person who always ask anything about Y/N’s life. He respects her so much so he didn’t stick his nose in her personal life not until she shares it to him.

Jungkook sends a message to his hyungs about what happened. They wanted to check on Jungkook but he said he is fine. Now they need to check that Y/N is safe because if now they don’t know how to break the news to Minhyuk. Jin called Namjoon so the latter will be aware of what happened to his cousin.

Around 3 in the morning the rescuers are able to remove the pile of rock and finally they saw Y/N. Jin and Jungkook are eager to see if she is okay.

“She is still breathing!” the rescuer said. “Stretcher! She is burning in fever too; her arm is broken.”

Jungkook wanted to run towards her but he can’t. He saw her unconscious and she was brought to the hospital by the rescuers. Jin wanted to follow but he needs to fix things. He just informed Namjoon so he can take care of the things in the hospital. Jungkook was then sent home by the manager.

A statement was released as Jin meets the clients the following day, it was televised in the news. They didn’t give the exact details what happened or why the floor breaks down but they are able to control the damage.

 

The following day Jungkook went to visit Y/N. and there he saw Namjoon. “Hyung.”

“Oh Jungkookkie.” Namjoon smiles at him.

“How is she hyung?” he asked as he placed the flower the he bought for her in the table.

“How thoughtful to bring some flowers.” Namjoon smiles at him. “The doctor said she is out of danger now. But they have to cast her arms since its broken.”

Jungkook remembers her playing drums and it’s so saddening to see that her arms are like that for sure it will take time to heal. Seeing her sleeping soundly like that relieves him, she is out of danger.

“Kookie, let me grab something to eat can you stay with her for a while?” Namjoon stated.

“Neh hyung, I’ll stay here.” As Namjoon gets off of the room he pulls out a chair and sits in front of Y/N. he hesitantly holds on to her hand. “You made me worried sick Y/N. I thought we lost you, I can’t make it without you. I’ve been so bad to you years ago.” He said as he starts to silently cry. “I regretted it when I just let you go. My feelings didn’t change Y/N ah.”  Little did he know that Y/N is awake and she hears him well.

 

Days passed as she stays in the hospital in order to gain strength, the BTS boys visits her and now its Jin’s turn. He brought so many things for her and also a flower.

“You don’t have too actually.” She said as she smiles at him.

“You know you can’t stop me doing these things.” He smiles as he pulls a chair and sits in front of her. “I’m sorry I had so many things to do actually.”

“I know; you look so stressed. I am sorry I was not there when you met them.” She gave him a sad smile. “How are the things between Hybe and us? Did we fail Jin?”

“Hey don’t be so sad. They actually, well scold they me at first but we didn’t fail okay. It’s just that the foreman overlooked something in the structure that is why the flooring is not that strong, nothing is wrong on how we drew the building. So you need to heal quickly and we can go back to work with you.”

She nods at Jin. “I am happy that we still have our job. Minhyuk oppa called me when he heard the news. He wanted to go here but he is still in the service and still not allowed to have a day off.”

“He scolded me actually.” Jin scratch his head. “Hyung is really angry but Jungshin hyung calm him down.”

“I am sorry Jin about Minhyuk oppa.”

“It’s nothing. I am happy that you are alive and not that harmed.” Jin is ready to do all things for her and endures everything that he can. “You got me worried so much.” He holds on to her hand and landed a kiss on top of her hand. “I can’t even think straight that time, I kept thinking about you. There are so many scenarios playing inside my mind. I also see Jungkook weary that time too.”

 

As days goes by Y/N is recovering and she was discharged from the hospital. With that Jin is very caring towards her. She didn’t go to work for a while, she stays at home and his BTS brothers are always in their apartment every time they are free. Goldy is there always beside her and Jungkook brings her few things, they are very casual with each other tho.

“I told you not to stress yourself.” Jimin said as he gets the pot from Y/N.

“Jimin shi, you guys make me feel like an idiot here.” She said as she pouts at them.

“Princess, you should be resting.” Taehyung said as he ruffles her hair. “We want you all good for the party.”

Y/N looks at them. “Party?”

“Yes honey, you are going with us, that is few months from now and you need to get your shoulder back.” Yoongi looks at her shoulders which is still in a cass and arm sling.

“Goldy your mommy is really hard headed.” Jimin crouched down on the floor to pet Goldy who is looking at her mom.

“I told you I can manage.” She said as she sits on the chair. “Why treating me like this?”

“Jungkook will get angry.” Yoongi stated.

Y/N tilts her head. “As far as I know, him and I are not a couple so he doesn’t have a say in my life.”

“Whoa chill out princes.” Jimin said as he shakes his head. “He is just concern.”

“I don’t need his concern.” She spats.

“You know; you are his Euphoria.” Yoongi stated.

Y/N stands up from the chair. “I had enough of this. If I am his ing Euphoria, he shouldn’t have pushed me away.” She calls Goldy and went inside her room.

“Hyung you pissed her off.” Jimin glares at Yoongi.

“I don’t believe that her love for Jungkook is gone. I know she still love him; she is just angry.” Yoongi explains. “As much as I want to help them out it’s the least that I can do.”

Y/N is inside her room, with Goldy beside her on top of the bed. “Hey Goldy, how was your dad for the past few years?” of course she is not expecting the dog to answer. She didn’t know the things happened to him, she is not even sure if he the same. But he changed right? Few months of happy together then things changes. She hates it. Goldy sensed her emotions and the dog snuggles at her. “Aigoo, tell me did you appa trained you to be a service dog?” she hugs the dog. “I am sorry Goldy ah. Umma is really angry and I hated it.”

She lays down on the bed and Goldy rest her head on her shoulder. And with that she’s off to dreamland. She opens her eyes and darkness welcomes her, she reached out for her phone and saw a message from Jin saying that he won’t be able to go home early. She actually misses Jin, the latter is being so busy for the project. He is working hand in hand with Jungkook.

She carefully gets off of the bed and went out of the room she is welcomed by a shirtless Jungkook. She was stunned looking at the latter.

“Oh you are awake now.” He smiles at her.

“What are you doing here? Where are the others?” she asked as she walk pass through him.

“They went back to the dorm; I ask Jin hyung if I can stay here for the night.” He replied and Y/N stopped her tracks and looks at him.

“You what? You have your dorm.” She said as she raised an eyebrow at him. “I can manage myself.”

Jungkook sighed. “Y/N ah.”

She looks at him again. “I don’t even know why are you doing this again Jungkook.” She is really irritated at him but longing at the same time.

“Y/N we actually need to talk.”

“Jungkook, can we just move on about it? Things happened so fast and I think we are not ready years ago. We need to move on so me we can work properly.” She just wants to shut him up. This is really awkward for her.

He was not able to respond to what she said. But one thing is for sure, he is hurt. For months since they saw each other he is making few things to be close to her. But she is the one refusing everything.

***

And the drama continues...