Chapter 3

Love is Not Over

Finally, the day of the most awaited date.

Y/N is still inside her last exam for today. She sleeps late when they get home last night she did check her notes and texted Jungkook for a bit and then goes to sleep. She is actually looking forward for today’s date, she is excited for it. She didn’t know where they are going. She only has one exam today but she told her brother that she is going home late due to some projects. As she finished her exams she sighed deeply. Finally, the exams are over and she can be free for a bit. She can watch the performances and practices of her brothers. As she gets out of the room she got a message from Jungkook. Asking if she can go to the parking lot, she did what was told to her. And there she saw Jungkook outside of a car, he is wearing a bit formal, long sleeves and his hair is styled neatly. She also noticed his Engineering cap that he is holding.

“Hello.” She said and Jungkook looks at her with a smile.

“Hey. Are you ready?” he asked. And Y/N nods at him, he opens the car door for her.

“Oh, you have a car?” she asked and Jungkook nods. She gets inside and later on Jungkook enters on the other side.

“So shall we go now? Are you hungry?” he asked as he starts the engine, he rolls up his sleeves and hold on to the steering wheel. He looks so handsome with his baby blue colored long sleeve polo, wherein 3 buttons from the top are lose. Y/N is lost in her thoughts but then she composed herself as Jungkook glances at her. “How’s your exam?”

“Whoa, its brain draining.” She replied with a laugh. “But I am happy that its finished I can relax for a bit, how about you? Why you look so formal?”

Jungkook smiles as he steps on the break as the red light turns on, and then he looks at her. “We actually meet the client earlier, you know we are doing our job training on the site and we need to be presentable.”

“It looks good on you.” She compliments. “Where are we going?”

“Are you hungry by any chance? I know a resto where we can eat peacefully.”

“Hmmm, you are may date right so you need to impress me.” She teases and giggles.

Jungkook scrunch his nose but laughs together with her. “If that’s what you said, by the end of the day I assure you that you will be impressed.” Y/N nods at him and then the green light turns on. As per checking the place Y/N knows they are going into the city. The city looks busy its actually lunch time. Then she noticed that they are going in a fancy place. They stop in a local French restaurant in the area. Jungkook gets out of the car and handed the car key to a bell boy and he opens the door for her.

“Oppa.” She whispers.

“What? You said impress you.” He said with a smile and offers his arms so Y/N can hold on to it. As they enter the establishment Y/N saw different people, foreigners and tourists. Luckily she wore a fine dress today so it’s not degrading to walk with Jungkook.  They are welcomed by the receptionist and Jungkook stated his name for the reservation and they are ushered to their seat.

“Oppa, this is too much I think.” She whispers to him.

“No its not, go ahead and order.” He said as he pointed the menu. Y/N looks at the menu and she is surprised to see it foods and the price of course. Jungkook closes his menu and seems like he already has an order. “Oh, can’t choose?” Y/N gave him an awkward look. “Okay, let me.” The waiter came and gathers their orders. Jungkook also orders a wine.

So far Y/N knows that he is from a wealthy family. He became her classmate during their last year in high school so she didn’t know much about him. But as what she heard from the others he is a good guy. They are still waiting for the food and Jungkook started a conversation.

“I remember high school.” He said and Y/N smiles at her. “I just look at you from a far way back and now I am taking you out on a date.”

And by that Y/N thinks that maybe since then he is interested towards her. But that was years ago. “Do you by any chance.” She stops and think for a second then she saw Jk places his elbows on the table and clasp his hands together.

“Like you before?” he continues the sentence that she wanted to ask. Y/N nods and smiles a little. “I do, I mean I like you since high school.”

A blush crept into her face. “But high school is so many years ago, you are about to finish college and become a professional Engr.”

“It doesn’t matter Y/N. My feelings are not easily washed off.” He winks at her.

Y/N is containing her giggles as she looks at Jungkook. She remembers their high school days; he looks so small that time not as buff like now. But he still has his bunny smile that she likes. While talking their food arrived and she looks at it. It looks so delicious and its comes in classy presentation then the wine arrives.

“This wine Pinot Noir is good when it comes to grilled salmon.” He explains. “Oh wait, are you even allowed to drink alcoholic drinks?”

Y/N nods. “I am, it’s just that, if I am with Minhyuk oppa no drinking. Oppa is strict.” She said as she smells the wine. Then she looks at Jk’s.

“This is Merlot; this is good for beef. Go ahead and try your food.” He said and they started to eat. Y/N is enjoying her food and this is the first time that she’s experienced this one. She is feeling butterflies in her stomach since before.  They are enjoying their talk at the things about work and life. Y/N was able to know that JK is the youngest in the family and he has an older sister who is in U.S. with her husband.

She enjoyed the lunch with him. They actually spend more time inside talking and around noon Jungkook asked if she wanted to stroll around the mall which she gladly accepts.

They are walking side by side as they passed by the games station. “Do you wanna play?” he asked with a smile. Y/N nods and there they enter the arcade. There are so many colorful things around them, Jungkook went to buy some tokens as he came back he has so many tokens.

“Oh so many.” She laughs and Jungkook really like to see her laugh of smile.

“What do you wanna try? Do you like claw machines?” he offered.

Claw machines are popular but they are difficult to play. You will shed so many tokens for that. “I like but it’s difficult to play.”

“I’ll play for you. Tell me what you want.” He giggles and unleashes his inner kid in him. The latter is looking at him with fascination. Then he saw a claw machine with foods in it. “Let’s try that.” He said as he marches towards the claim machine.

Y/N enjoys looking at him she even brought her phone and took picture of him and them. Jungkook is good in things and he even won different prizes for her. In the end they have a bag of all the things that Jungkook won for her. They are walking around the arcade and then they saw a drum arcade. They both look into each other.

“Let’s try this.” He said as he handed her a token.

“Aniyo.” She said shyly.

“Aigoo, this is fun.” He said and nods at her. “I’ll try it first okay.” He said as he sits on the chair and chooses a song. He was able to pick a song of One Ok Rock band. He chooses ‘American Girls’. Y/N records the performance. Every hit in the machine is excellent and Jungkook was able to unleash his drummer side and Y/N is really impressed. He looks so hot and handsome playing the drum arcade, his hair is losing as he removed the tie earlier when they are playing.

She got so many pictures of him and the video. People around them are watching as Jungkook continues to play. She can hear whispers around her saying how handsome and cute he is. Jungkook is enjoying himself as he plays. He also needs to unwind and being with Y/N like this really makes him happy. As he ended the game he looks at Y/N and handed the stick. “Your turn.” He said with a smile. Y/N looks around them and she saw people are crowding them. “You should enjoy yourself, pick a light song so it will not be stressing since you are wearing dress too.”

Y/N shyly nods at Jungkook and hold on to the stick and she settles herself on the chair. She selects some songs and she stumbles in the One Ok Rock section too. She likes that band so much and planning to watch their concert, aside from her brother she likes Tomo as a drummer. She actually memorized all of their songs and his drums routine. She picks ‘We Are’ as the first song. Jungkook smiles at her choices and he brought out his phone to record her. She is also singing the song and nodding her nod as the beat goes.

Jungkook was able to see how she plays the drums in a different way, the last time she saw her they are playing light songs now this one is kinda rock and she really has the skill. He enjoys looking at her smiling and singing. She is so focused playing. The people around them are enjoying, she also has the habit of playing with her drums sticks. Jungkook widens his eyes as the next song was played. ‘Deeper Deeper’ they all know that this is a beat heavy and the drum routine is really tiring. As she started to hit the drums it’s very easy for her and he can see that the people around are being amazed.

Her hair is following her movements, he can see Minhyuk at her but different style and personality it’s a major turn on. This is her side that she didn’t show to anyone. She is banging her head slightly and didn’t care about the people around. She hits the beat perfectly. As the song ended she inhales deeply and laugh at herself. Then she heard an applause around her that’s the time she came back to herself. She looks at Jungkook who is still surprised and she saw his camera still pointing at her. She smiles at him and stands up and bows her head a bit to the people around her. Jungkook snaps back to reality.

“Wow that is so cool.” He said.

They are talking still and didn’t know someone is watching them. “Having a good day huh?”

They both look at the person. “Oppa?” Y/N stated.

Jungshin smiles at them. “So you saw the lady how she plays.” He said to Jungkook. “And you.” He looks at Y/N. “What are you guys doing here??” he asks as he looks around.

“We are having a date.” Jungkook proudly said and Y/N blushed.

“Aigoo.” Jungshin pats Y/N’s hair. “You are getting out of your comfort zone princess.” He smiles lovingly at her. “I hate to spoil the moment okay but I am with your brother right now.” Y/n widens her eyes. He looks around and spotted Minhyuk. “Now Go!” he said a bit panic.

“Thank you oppa.” She said as she nods and hurriedly holds on Jungkook’s hands and pulls him with her. They are walking almost running out of the place. Then she saw a karaoke booth, she opens it and pushed Jungkook inside. As they close the door she sits on the chair panting. She is still holding on Jungkook’s hand and she didn’t notice is until Jungkook clears his throat. “Omo, I am sorry.” She said letting go of his hand.

“Mikhyuk hyung almost caught us.” He said with a dry laugh.

“And if he caught us it’s the end.” She replied still panting.

But Jungkook hold on to her hand. “And I don’t want this to end.” He said looking at her beautiful almond shaped eyes. She smiles at him and nods.

They look inside the booth well its tinted and the light is on so meaning it is not vacant. “Why don’t we just sing?” he suggested since they have few more tokens left. He then drops the tokens and chooses some songs.

“Sing a song for me.” She asked. “I heard you sing when we are in high school and your voice is really pretty.”

They spend the time inside the karaoke both singing, mostly Jungkook and Y/N films it. Around 7 in the evening. Jungkook decided to send her home, they are silent on their way to her house. He didn’t drop her in front since Minhyuk will see them. He drops her few blocks away.

“Thank you for today.” She said, they are still inside the car.

“I had fun.” He replied.

“Me too. You take care okay.” She said and was about to grab the handle of the door but then she faces Jungkook again and landed a peck to his cheeks and hurriedly gets out of the car. Jungkook is stunned. Then he looks at her walking figure.

“God, I so like this woman.” He said while smiling and then he goes home.

 

******