Returning (part 2)

In an alternative world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I quickly returned home and threw off my shoes before heading straight forward to my office. I my computer and placed the game disk in it with one hand while already having my other hand on the mouse to click the game open. It was weird. Somehow there was just something clicking in me. From not believing anything before I saw it to believing it and wanting to do everything to be available to help them. I waited a few seconds for the game to load on the computer and clicked on it. Nothing? I clicked on the game icon once again and… nothing again. I tilted my head in confusion as to what was happening. I even pulled it out of my computer to ensure I had placed the correct one inside of it but no. Nothing again. What was I doing wrong? Were the people behind the attack on Kwangya getting on my tail? Did they know what I was doing?

I leaned back in my seat while I sat wondering. Suddenly a black portal opened on my left side and a man, who looked to be around 180-190 cm tall, stepped out of the portal. He was wearing a black suit with a tint of red around the rims of it. He was wearing a black mask with gold eyes. The mouth on the mask was opened in a wide grin filled with sharp teeth of gold. Even though the eyes weren't real and I couldn't see the eyes of the person behind the mask, it still felt like they were staring directly at me. The room suddenly turned extremely cold as if it were winter and there was no warmth in the house. The man began to speak, revealing a deep scratchy voice.

Man: Fear the god Black mamba! Turn around while you still can or you will regret it! Black mamba is the god! Fear the god Black mamba!

The man disappeared the same way as he came. The coldness of the room disappeared with him and the temperature returned back to normal. I still had my eyes on where the man had stood a moment ago when I suddenly heard some music. I turned my head to look at my computer to see it entering the game as normal.

Jahoon: Well…. It seems like my questions have been answered.

I moved closer to the computer and began playing as I had done in the past. The man warned me, wanting me to stop everything and turn around…but I'm not someone who is going down easily without a fight. Once the game finished opening up, I saw my character once again like it was from the last time but this time the surroundings of the game changed once again as the blue orb had said. This time my character was standing on a street. Not like the street that you will typically see in Kwangya with high tech and so on like from a sci-fi movie but just a normal street, like the one in front of your house. But these streets kind of look familiar to me…. Wait…those are the streets near my house! Just around the corner! Does that mean that I have been this close to the answer my whole time?

I placed my hand on the mouse and began moving the character around to get more clues. I saw the local bakery, the one that makes the best cakes and desserts in the world. Walked past the local park and got to my house. Every time I looked around, I couldn't find the portal at all but as soon as I turned around to look behind me, the portal was right there. Right beside my house, right in my garden.

Jahoon: You gotta be kidding me. I have been spending so much time and energy to find out that the blue portal is going to open right next to me?! They are taking me for a fool right now!

That blue orb is going to die the next time that I see it. And this time it is going to die for sure! No matter what excuses it has! But for now, it seems like all I have to do is to wait for the right time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: Alright! I think that is for today! Great job everybody! I will see you guys on Monday!

I stood up from my seat on the sofa inside Yunkyoung's and mine offices and walked over to my desk.

My secretary: Well looks like someone is in a rush today! Usually, you would stay after hours to work on other cases. Or perhaps….

Jahoon: Perhaps what?

My secretary: Perhaps you are going on a date today?

Jahoon: A date? Me?

I pointed to myself. My secretary nodded with a sly smile on her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter