What happened?

In an alternative world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunkyoung: Hey, Jahoon! Jahoon! Wake up!

I opened my eyes to see that I was back at my home office, sitting at my desk. I sat straight up in my chair and stretched my arms in the air. My body was kind of sore and my head was hurting a little but everything was fine.

Yunkyoung: For god sake! I thought you were dead.

I looked to my right side to see Yunkyoung sigh out of relief. If Yunkyoung was here then it meant that I had returned back to the normal world.

Jahoon: What are you doing here? And how did you get in?

Yunkyoung: I have the keys to your apartment, remember? You had given them to me once. I was finishing up in the office when I noticed that you forgot the case file for tomorrow's court, so I thought why not stop by and give it to you? I know that you normally want to have your case file with you the day before so you can read it to ensure that you got all of the details even if the court is late in the day. But I didn't think that I would find you like this 30 minutes later to be passed out in your home office while playing the game. I know you hate using unnecessary power, so I closed it down for you.

I looked at Yunkyoung confused and with my eyebrows crossed together. It was 30 minutes since the last time that we had just met? But it didn't make sense! I had been in Kwangya for almost a year and suddenly Yunkyoung was standing in front of me and telling me that only 30 minutes had passed by. That means that 30 minutes in real life was equal to 1 year in the game. I glanced over to Yunkyoung to see her staring at me, waiting for me to answer her back. I just acted like I was confused before acting as I had remembered. Well, I couldn't tell her what I had experienced during the last 30 minutes. She would think that I had gone crazy and would probably kick me out of our law firm. Who wouldn't?

Jahoon: I forgot the case file? Oh, right! I did! Silly me to forget but thank you for coming and giving it to me even though it is already late.

Yunkyoung: It is no problem Jahoon. You know that I will do anything for you, the same way that you would do anything for me.

We stared at each other silently for a moment. Neither of us dared to say anything before Yunkyoung broke the silence.

Yunkyoung: I think it is time for me to get home now but I will see you again tomorrow in the office.

Yunkyoung smiled and began making her way to the exit of the room. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was already late at night and it wouldn't be safe for her to drive home alone even though she had done it many times before.

Jahoon: Yunkyoung wait!

Yunkyoung turned around and looked at me in silence, allowing me to continue to speak.

Jahoon: It is too late right now for you to go out there and drive your way home. It isn't safe, so… why not crash here tonight? I have a guest room ready right now so you don't have to worry about sleeping together. You know that I would be needing you tomorrow.

Yunkyoung stood there thinking about it for a while before she nodded. I smiled slightly at her and stood up from my seat before showing her the room.

Jahoon: I have some spare clothes that you can use. They are a bit old and don't fit me anymore but they should work on you. Maybe a little bit too big.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter