Living in Kwangya (part 2)

In an alternative world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter: Jahoon! Come let's go!

I was sitting in Winter's room as I looked outside the window and observed everything that passed by. I turned my head to the door to see Winter looking at me with a big smile on her face and waving for me to follow her.

Jahoon: Where are we going?

Winter: I thought that it would be a great idea to show you around the other places of Kwangya now that you have been living here for around a week. Maybe it would help you regain your memories and remember who you are and where you came from!

I got up on my feet and walked over to her. She wrapped her arms around mine and dragged me out of the room. It has been a little over a week since I have been here. I have gotten closer to the girls, especially Winter. I don't know but there is something between the two of us that have made us connected ever since the first time that we met. It was like we were destined to meet. I have gotten closer with Ningning and Karina too as they always have been caring towards me and consider me their friend. As for Giselle… well… let's just say that we are on better terms than when we first met. She has been a bit nicer to me and she doesn't really talk bad about me anymore but she is still keeping her distance from me and only talks with me if it's necessary. Lately, she has been locked inside of her room and doesn't come out of it except when it's needed. The other girls says that she would be doing something like this whenever something caught her interest and she is researching it. She won't be out of her room before she knows everything about it or when she has to eat and go to the toilet.

Winter: Do you have any places that you remember? Or just sort of remember? We can go there and see if it's going to help you remember things.

Winter looked at me with dear eyes as I bit the inside of my cheeks. What am I going to do now? I don't know anything about this place and Yunkyoung hasn't told me anything specific about this game. Quick! Right! I remember hearing someone talking about a glitch library when I was walking around last week before encountering Giselle's fight.

Jahoon: The glitch library?

I tried to say in a voice with much confidence but I was shaking internally, afraid that she would have caught on to my lie. She just looked at me for a while before smiling widely.

Winter: That is great to hear! I think you may be a bookworm since the first thing you remember is the library but who cares? Let's go and find your memories!

Winter pulled me in the direction of the library as I just looked at her. Why didn't I just tell her the truth?! That I wasn't from here at all?! Oh, right… the girls would think I'm crazy and they would kill me because who is going to believe someone when they tell you that they come from another universe because of a game? Yeah me neither. And why the library? I hate books! Funny enough when I'm a lawyer and have to read a lot of stuff but still!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Winter: So this is the glitch library! Anything you can remember from looking at it from the outside?

Winter turned to look at me while I looked at the tall building in front of me. The building really lives up to its name. The building was what seemed like a 10-story building, twisted like a snake. I could imagine myself walking inside of it and having to go round and round to get to the next floor. The whole building was like a hologram that glitches from time to time. It didn't look like it was real but there were people walking in and out of it, so it must be real. I looked at Winter and shook my head.

Winter: It is fine Jahoon. You don't have to be sad about it. We will just take it slow and see if anything would help. Even if it happens that you don't regain your memories, the girls and I would still be here for you.

Winter smiled at me as she grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze to cheer me up. I gave her a small smile back, both from relief that they weren't going to throw me onto the streets until I found a way back home a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter