Living in Kwangya (Part 1)

In an alternative world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up to the feeling of something or someone standing by my bed and watching over me. I still had my eyes closed and acted like I was still asleep but I could still feel someone watching me. Suddenly I was lifted up in the air, making my eyes open. I was brought through the living room and then thrown out of the house, leaving me alone on the empty street since it was still dark outside. I turned around to see the door closed. I sat there and scratched the back of my neck wondering what just happened. Having nowhere to go and since I didn’t know anything about this world yet, I just sat in front of the house and waited for it to be morning. The morning quickly came and the door to the house opened once again, revealing Winter standing behind it.

Winter: Jahoon! I’m so sorry about what happened! Here! Let me help you up.

Winter wrapped an arm around mine and helped me up to my feet. We walked inside to the living room, where she left me sitting on the sofa while she grabbed a blanket and some hot choco. Meanwhile, Winter was gone, a girl that I didn’t see yesterday but kind of looked like Winter walked inside the room.

Winter (clone?): Intruder! Intruder!

Winter came running into the room with blankets and hot choco in her hands before breathing out a sigh in relief.

Winter: Æ-Winter she is not an intruder. She is a friend. You can go now Æ-Winter.

The girl bowed before walking out of the living room, leaving me and Winter. I turned to look at Winter as she wrapped a blanket around my shoulder.

Winter: Look at you shivering! It must have been really cold sitting there all night.

Jahoon: Who was that?

Winter: Her? Oh! That is Æ-Winter. She is my partner here in Kwangya. I can summon her through this stone whenever I want to and she will be here and ready to fight whenever needed. She would usually also come around when she detects any kind of danger, which is why she threw you out of the house last night.

Jahoon: I feel kind of offended.

Winter: You don't need to. Even though I hadn't known you for a long time, I already consider you a friend of mine.

Winter giggled as she wrapped her hands around my arms and rubbed them to try and warm up my body. I looked at her and was happy about knowing her even though she was only a character in the game. She made me feel safe and like I was a part of them. Soon after the other girls walked into the living room.

Karina: Good morning you two! You are early up today.

Winter: Jahoon was thrown out of the house by Æ-Winter last night. I just got her in the house to warm her.

Karina: Oh no! Are you all right Jahoon? Still, feeling cold? I'm sorry for what happened.

Giselle: I think Æ-Winter made the right choice.

Before Karina could even say something Winter walked up to Giselle and grabbed her by her collar.

Winter: Stop being so mean to Jahoon! She hasn't done anything for you to hate her like that!

Giselle pushed Winter away from her and looked at her with a glare.

Giselle: And what has she done to make us believe that she won't be doing anything?! No matter what I will still think of her as an enemy! Don't come to me when she backstabs you guys!

Giselle turned to look at me with an angry look that could murder anybody if looks could murder. Giselle then walked out of the house, making sure to slam the door on her way out. The other three girls sighed as they ran through their hair. I coughed a bit to get their attention.

Jahoon: Giselle is right. It would be better for me to get going. I haven't made anything that would make you guys believe that I'm not a threat to you guys. Thank you for your kindness while I was here.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter