Break from reality

In an alternative world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jahoon: Who the hell is calling me early in the morning?... God damn it! I'm going to be late for work if I don't get my up now!

I threw the blanket away from me and jumped out of bed. This was my usual routine every day. Getting home late from work and just falling asleep right after. Then waking up late in the morning and almost being late for work every day. I quickly got ready and changed my clothes before hopping into my car with a slice of toast in my mouth and drove off for work. I'm a lawyer so it is important to be on time or you possibly are going to lose the case if not. Even though I’m the owner of the law firm, I still have to be an exemplary role model for my workers.

Jahoon: Just in time. I still have a few minutes left.

Still have a few minutes left, I decided to go to the conceive store right beside work to grab a few things to snack on while working. I haven't gotten my breakfast yet so why not? I entered the store as the bell above the door rang.

Siyeon: Well hello there Jahoon! Long time since I saw you coming in the morning! You would usually come around by lunch.

Jahoon: Well I was lucky that there wasn't any traffic today, allowing me to come early to work. By the way, you seem to be in a good mood today?

Siyeon: I am! Sua prepared a few gifts for me in the morning since she thought that I had been working hard lately. Also, she prepared me breakfast so that we could eat together!

Jahoon: Eat together or each other?

Siyeon: Both.

I shook my head with a sigh. Well, that is Siyeon for you. The owner of this store. She is one of my best friends since high school and has been encouraging me to follow my dreams to become a lawyer even though I was about to give up a lot of times. Her girlfriend Sua is also one of my closest friends. They have been with me through thick and thin and would always help me when I needed it. I roomed around the store and took the things I needed before walking over to her.

Siyeon: Take it. It is on me.

Jahoon: I can’t. Let me pay for it.

Siyeon: No, I insist.

Jahoon: How are you even keeping the store going if you always give?

Siyeon: You have helped me a lot Jahoon. This is the only way that I can pay you back.

Siyeon packed my stuff down in a plastic back and gave it to me. I took it with a sigh and shook my head at her.

Jahoon: Fine. I will let it go this time but next time I’m going to pay for my stuff. You have also helped me a lot too.

Siyeon: What did you say? I can’t hear anything~ Now go before you become even later to work than you are now. I know how much you hate to be late.

I looked at her confused for a moment before looking at my watch to see that I was now 5 minutes late.

Siyeon: Thank you Siyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter