Living in Kwangya (part 3)

In an alternative world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat in the living room, just reading through one of the books that Winter had in her room. It looked like it was about the history of Kwangya, so it wouldn't hurt for me to read it. At least it may help me in the future. As I was reading one of the doors to their bedroom opened up and Karina walked out of her room.

Karina: What are you doing early in the morning? The sun had just begun to rise.

Jahoon: I couldn't sleep, so I just thought that I would grab one of your books to kill time with until you guys woke up so that I wouldn't disturb any of your sleep.

Karina covered with her hand as she yawned. She sat beside me and stretched her arms in the air.

Karina: What are you reading?

Jahoon: I found a history book so I thought why not read it? Maybe it would help me regain my memories from my past.

Karina: That is actually a great idea! Why didn't we think of that?

Giselle: Because it isn't a great idea. She could probably still be one of the evil sides trying to blend in before attacking us at any given time.

Karina: Giselle! Watch what you say! Jahoon has been nothing more than a sweetheart to all of us.

Winter: What are those loud noises early in the morning?

Ningning: Yeah. It woke me up.

I looked behind Giselle to see Winter and Ningning coming out of their room. Ningning's hair disheveled from sleeping while Winter was cutely rubbing her eyes. She was beautiful even after just waking up… wait what am I saying?

Karina: Giselle all think that Jahoon is still up to some evil stuff.

Giselle: I don't think, I know.

Ningning: Alright alright. You know that Jahoon is evil but where is the proof so the rest of us can be sure that she is in fact evil?

Giselle opened and closed it again soon after. She looked between each of us before huffing and stomping her way back to her bedroom. I sighed and closed the book, laying it at the table beside me. I leaned back on the sofa while using one hand to rub my forehead. I heard footsteps nearing me and a hand on my left shoulder. I looked to my left to see Winter looking at me with a small smile, rubbing my shoulder in comfort.

Winter: Don’t think too much about it. Just give her some more time and she will see how good of a person you really are.

Jahoon: But it has been more than 6 months or so and she still hasn't really talked to me unless it was needed.

Ningning: I know that it is hard to believe that she will begin to trust you someday but she will if we just give her time to herself and to open up to you. It took us a long time before she even opened up to us. I think almost two years or was it three?

Karina: She had a difficult past with her parents abusing her and then later on also the family members that she trusted the most. She was given to strangers from time to time so that her so-called parents could have money to use on all that bad stuff. That is why she has lost all hope in society and is always skeptical and on the tip of her feet whenever she meets a new person.

Jahoon: Wow… it must have been really difficult for her then. I can't even imagine it… her family using her like that when the purpose of a family is to be there for you whenever you need it… not doing something like that… I feel sorry for her. All of this time, I was angry at her for always doubting me and accusing me of being a bad person even though I have multiple times shown her and the rest of you that I don't have any bad intentions and really want to get to know you guys better and be available to help you as best possible. But now I feel embarrassed to even think that after hearing her story.

Winter: You didn't know, so you don't have to punish yourself for it. Come on. Let's go.

Winter grabbed my hand and began pulling me towards her bedroom. I looked at her confusingly but just let her drag me to her full will.

Jahoon: Where are we going?

Winter: Instead of eating breakfast at home, let's instead eat outside.

We got inside the bedroom and Winter closed the door behind us. She then made me sit on her bed while she walked over to her closet and opened up to search the inside of it. I just stared at her back while she was looking through her closet. Suddenly my vision was black when one of her dresses covered my face.

Winter: What do you think that I should wear? This one or maybe this one?

Jahoon: Hmm Hmmm

Winter: What did you say? I couldn't make out what you were saying. Why did it sound like- oh…

The dress was removed from my face, revealing Winter smiling at me sheepishly.

Winter: Oops! Sorry~

Jahoon: You smell nice.

Winter: You're a ert…but I like it…

Jahoon: Look who's talking.

Winter: Alright alright. Which one should I be wearing? This white shirt with the sky-blue skirt or this oversized black hoodie with the blue jeans.

Jahoon: The white shirt and skirt. It will look cute on you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter