Whose side are you on?

In an alternative world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter: Jahoon?!

I turned around to see Winter. She was standing there while looking between Black Mamba and me with a surprised but scared look. I glanced behind me, making sure that Black Mamba was suddenly moving to attack Winter before running over to her and grabbing her arm.

Jahoon: What are you doing here? It is dangerous! Go back home! I will distract Black Mamba meanwhile.

I tried to push Winter to make her win away from here but she didn't budge at all. In fact, she just stared at me with a sad face. I could see the tears beginning to form in her eyes.

Winter: I'm sorry Jahoon. I'm so sorry…

Jahoon: What?

I looked at her confused. Winter pulled me into a hug but suddenly I felt a sharp pain in the back of my neck. I stumbled back a bit while one hand was holding the back of my neck. My vision was beginning to become blurry and the last thing I remember seeing was Winter looking at me, crying, and something in her hand I couldn't figure out what was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

???: Wakey wakey~ it is time to wake up~

I heard someone whispering in my ear. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times. I groaned in pain as I tried to move my body but it was quite impossible. My arms and legs were chained, and it even made it impossible for me to even scratch my itchy nose right now. After my vision became much clearer after my eyes had been closed for a long time, I noticed that I was in some kind of cave. It all seems kind of familiar. Like what I saw in the game when that man in black and red appeared out of nowhere. I glanced around before noticing the black snake but this time it stopped and transformed into a man. He kind of looked the same as the man that appeared in my office but this man in front of me was wearing a cape around his neck and the part of the suit that was red on the other man was gold on this man in front of me. His face was revealed too and I must admit that he does kind of look handsome except that I’m not to men if you haven’t already guessed it. He walked closer to me until he was a few meters away.

Man: I’m so sorry that we had to meet again under such circumstances.

Jahoon: Who are you?

Man: I’m your real father, not that other man who calls himself the king of Kwangya. Or you may remember me better as Black Mamba or the rightful king of Kwangya.

Jahoon: You aren't the king of Kwangya and you aren't my father. What proof do you even have to claim that you are my father? Also which sane father would chain up her own daughter like this?

Black Mamba: You have been brainwashed my dear but maybe this will help you.

He reached his hand out to the side with his palm facing upwards and projected a screen from his hand. The screen showed a picture of him and me looking awfully close to each other. Then the screen changed to show me with a woman his age which I figured must be my alleged mother. He continued to show me a few more pictures until I had enough.

Jahoon: Stop! You are just trying to manipulate me! Trying to win me over to your side! But you aren't going to fool me easily like that! Do you hear me?!

Black Mamba: Then how do you think that I was available to be in your body and see, do and see what you are thinking in the exact same moments as it happens to you? I'm your father and you are my heir to the throne. Maybe some time here alone will help you gain your memories.

Black Mamba gave me a pat on the cheek before walking away and leaving me alone in the room. I sighed and hung my head down. What was the truth? Was I a part of the royal family that was ruling Kwangya right now or was I a part of Black Mamba's family? Both have proof that I was their daughter, their heir to the throne but there were no memories of either of them. The only people I think maybe telling the truth are the royal family. They are the only people, that I was available to get familiarity with. A sense of security and safety. There was none of that while I was with Black Mamba. But the confidence in his words was beginning to convince me that he was telling the truth. But he was a part of the evil side…does that mean that I'm evil too? I was in my own thoughts until I heard a door open. I looked up and tried to figure out where it came from bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter