Returning (part 1)

In an alternative world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, so the next full moon will be a Friday next week. That will be good since I don't have any schedule from what I remember. Now the only thing I need to find out is where the portal to Kwangya opens… if there even is one…

Yunkyoung: I have been thinking about…. What do you think of this Jahoon unnie?... Jahoon unnie? Jahoon?!

Jahoon: Huh? What were you saying?

Yunkyoung: Well that answers my question if you were listening to me or not. It is not usually you who has your head in the clouds while we are talking about work. Mind sharing a penny for your thoughts?

Jahoon: It is nothing much really.

Yunkyoung: But-

Jahoon: I'm serious, Yunkyoung. There isn't really anything. I just got little sleep last night, that is all. You don't have to worry.

Yunkyoung stared at me with skeptical eyes for a while. The silence between us was beginning to become too much to bear, so I just cleared my throat to try and make a conversation beginning between us again.

Jahoon: I'm sorry that I wasn't listening but could you perhaps tell me one more time? Pretty please? I will buy you coffee.

I tilted my head as I tried to act cute. Yunkyoung looked at me with pursed lips before sighing and shaking her head.

Yunkyoung: Fine, I will tell you again because one, I don't have a choice since it is important for our work, and two, you still owe me a cup of coffee from last time.

Jahoon: Then I will pay you back with dinner tonight-

Yunkyoung: Deal!

I took my hand out as an agreement but before I could even finish my sentence, Yunkyoung agreed and shook my head. I looked at her surprised with my mouth open but chuckled soon after because of her silliness. We continued talking about our current case but no matter how hard I tried to focus, the thought of finding a way to find the portal to Kwangya was still lurking in the back of my head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yunkyoung: Alright! That should be it for today! We finished sooner than expected but of course, that is because we have our precious and extremely talented Jahoon unnie on the team. Otherwise, we wouldn’t have been finished.

Jahoon: Stop trying to put all of the success on me. Another part of the reason we were available to finish this quickly isn’t only because of me but also because of you. You were available to keep everything organized and helped me to stay focused. All of this couldn’t have been done without you and that is why we are a team. I’m beginning to suspect that you like me or something.

Yunkyoung stared at me surprised for a bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter