Her royal quest

In an alternative world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina: So this is what the royal castle looks like.

Ningning: It is ing huge!

Karina: Ningning. Your language.

Ningning: Sorry unnie~

I couldn't help but laugh at Ningning. She looked like a kid in a candy shop and suddenly became a scolded pouty kid. Ningning noticed me laughing at her and changed her expression to a confident look.

Ningning: I made Jahoon unnie laugh! I can finally die without worry.

Jahoon: Let's just wait with that, shouldn't we, Ningning? I'm still enjoying having your presence beside me, so I can't afford to have you die yet.

Ningning: Aww~ you too Jahoon unnie~

Ningning ran over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck while smashing her cheeks against mine, making me laugh once again.

Winter: Okay! Okay! That is enough! Now, get off my Jahoon right now!

Ningning: Your Jahoon?

Winter: …

Winter tried to intervene between Ningning and me but accidentally said too much. You could tell by her expression that she knew that she had said too much. The rest of the girls looked at each with a smug expressions before looking at the both of us.

Karina: I knew that something was going on between you two.

Giselle: I have to admit that even though I don't trust or like you Jahoon, I can see that something is going on. Winter my friend. You are too obvious.

Ningning: I knew it! It wasn't just a ship of mine! There is really something going on between you two!

Guard leader: The King and Queen are ready to see you.

Winter: Right at the right moment! Come on Jahoon! Let's meet your parents!

The guard leader came back after checking on the King and the Queen. Winter wrapped her arms around mine and began dragging me in front of everyone else while walking behind the guard leader. I could hear the others giggling behind us. I looked at Winter to see her cheeks beginning to turn red. I poked her cheek, making her look at me.

Jahoon: You look cute when you are getting embarrassed. I like that.

Winter stared at me with a blank face but her cheeks became a dark red color compared to the light red before.

Karina: Okay, you lovey-dovey couple. We are here now.

We all turned to face the front and the big ceiling-to-floor door in front opened up. I felt Winter unwrapping her arms, making me feel a bit sad and anxious since she had always managed to make me feel secure with her presents. But at least I knew that she was still beside me. When the doors had finally opened up wide enough for us to walk through comfortably, we walked inside a big luxurious room. The walls were of a white and gold color and the floor of marble. The room was extremely big, like really big. It seemed like the size of one and a half-football stadium. From the door and to the other side of the room, there had been laid a red carpet to walk on. At the end of the other side of the room, there were two thrones. One is occupied by the King at the moment and the other by the Queen. Both the King and the Queen still looked young but at the same time more mature than the rest of us. I could see that both the Queen and the King were surprised when we entered. The Queen looked like she was going to cry.

Queen (mom?): Jahoon, my dear? Is that you? Is that really you?

I looked to Winter to see if she heard the same thing. Did she just say my name? Was I really the daughter that they have been searching for? Winter nodded at me and gestured with her head for me to walk closer to them. I took a few steps toward them until I was only a few meters away.

Queen: Jahoon! My dear daughter! It is really you! I can't believe it!

The Queen quickly got up on her feet and ran over to me before pulling me into a hug. I must say that I was caught by surprise but there was some familiarity in her hug. Like…I knew her.

Jahoon: Mom?

Queen mother: Yes. Yes, my dear Jahoon. Is it me, your mother.

Jahoon: And you are my father?

I looked at my alleged father who had come to stand beside my mother in this world. He nodded with a warm smile.

King father: Yes, I am. I can't believe that you are really back to us my dear. Come and hug your father.

I pulled away from my mother and hugged my father. Again there was some similarity in the hug again. It was like I was hugging my real parents in the real world. We pulled away from each other and my father looked behind me.

King father: And who are those people behind you if I may ask?

Jahoon: These people are my friends! They are the ones who helped me when I lost my memories. They had taken care of me or else I wouldn't have the chance to meet you again.

Queen mother: Wait a moment. You lost your memories?

I nodded. I heard footsteps appearing from behind. I looked to my side to see Winter standing beside me.

Winter: I'm sorry to come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter