This is the end

In an alternative world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

King father: Today is going to be another historic day in our history! Today is the day that we are finally going to take down Black Mamba!

Every soldier erupted into a big cheer. Father was standing on a podium for everyone to see. He held his hand up and everyone became quiet immediately.

King father: As everyone knows this mission isn't going to be easy! It is going to be dangerous and I want you all to proceed with care! Be together in your groups at all times and make sure to look out for each other! I personally want to thank you all for your service! This kingdom is nothing without you guys! Thank you again and take care of yourself! And we will see each other again on the other side of the finish line! For the kingdom! For Kwangya!

Soldiers: For Kwangya!

Everyone erupted into a full lung cheer again. I held my hand against my ears to try and block some of the noises out but couldn't help but not to smile. All the work that soldiers do to protect their country is admirable. They deserve so much more praise for it than they already get right now. Everyone splits up to finish up everything for the war such as getting their weapons ready or goodbye to the family members that were around. I placed my hands in my pockets and walked over to the podium. My father looked down at me with a small smile before walking down so we were at the same level.

King father: There is still time for you to turn around dear. I think the best would be if you stayed home waiting for us with your mom.

Jahoon: I'm going to be a fine father. There is nothing to worry about, also I may come to use since I know more about Black Mamba than anyone does. On top of that, I think mother agrees with me.

I pointed behind him, making him turn around and look. Behind him was mom talking to another soldier's mother while fixing her body armor. Father turned back to face with his lips pressed together.

King father: Please excuse me for a moment.

He turned around and walked over to mom. I felt a presence beside me, so I turned to see the girls.

Karina: Are you sure that you want to come with us on this mission?

Jahoon: Not you guys too. Yes, I will be going on this mission and I will be fine. There is no need to worry.

Winter: If you insist but you have to keep being by our side the whole time, so we can protect you if anything happens. You understand?

Winter stood in front of me and placed her hands on my shoulder as she played with my collar. I could see the uneasiness in her expression.

Karina: We will let you two have some time alone.

The girls walked away leaving Winter and me alone. I placed one hand around her waist and moved a stray hair away from her face with a small smile on my face.

Jahoon: I'm going to be fine, Winter. Nothing will happen to me, you don't have to worry.

Winter: But what if something really happens to you? You never know what is going to happen. I can't bear to lose you.

Winter wrapped her arms around my neck in a hug. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me.

Jahoon: That is right. We never know what is going to happen. Maybe nothing will happen at all. Let's just think positively and think that we are going to see each other again on the other side of the finish line. I promise. I promise that we will see each other again.

Jahoon: If I remember correctly the entrance to the cave should be around here.

Giselle: Do you mean this one?

We all walked over to where Giselle was standing while moving branches and leaves out of our way.

Winter: That is the one. Ningning will you send a telepathic message to the others about our whereabouts and that we are going to enter?

Ningning: Done before you could finish your sentence.

Ningning smiled brightly as the person she was, making us all giggle a bit. I was about to enter when Karina pulled me behind her and entered first with Winter and then Giselle and Ningning after me, forming a protective circle around me. We walked further inside the cave but nothing happened at all. It seemed like the cave had been deserted since Winter and I escaped from there.

Jahoon: It is awfully quiet in here. It is given me the chills.

Karina: It wasn't like this the last time you guys came around here?

Winter: No, there were guards and men all around and in each hallway but today… none.

Karina: We should better keep ourselves on our toes just in case something unexpected happens.

We continued walking further with nothing happening. We turned around the corner and entered a room. But as soon as we entered the door locked behind us and gas began to fill the room.

Giselle: It is a trap! We better get out of here!

We all tried to break the door down but it was to no available. It only made us run out of breath faster. A few minutes later I watched each of us pass out before passing out myself.

Black Mamba: You think that you can just run away like that, my daughter? There is no way that you can escape your destiny.

I groaned as my head was hurting. I reached a hand up to my head to rub my forehead and ease the pain. A few seconds later, I regained consciousness. When I looked around I could see Black Mamba sitting on a throne and noticed that I was doing the same. In front of me, the girls were chained up just the same way that I was chained up before. The only difference was that they were blindfolded.

Jahoon: Winter! Karina! Giselle! Ningning!

Black Mamba: I don't think that they have woken up yet. Seems like the gas had hit them harder than you. But you are also stronger than them and half-blooded of me, so it comes as no surprise.

I turned to look at Black Mamba with anger as he just sat there looking at them nonchalantly with his head resting in his hand.

Jahoon: What have you done to them?!

Black Mamba: Relax~ it is just normal sleeping gas~ they will wake up soon enough. It won't be fun if I just let you guys wander around here without any obstacles, won't it?

Jahoon: I don't want anything to do with your sick jokes! I'm going to end you once and for all!

I stood up and faced Black Mamba, ready to use my power against him but as soon as I held my hand, he flicked in my direction with ease and punched me in the stomach with an unknown force which made me fly in the air for awhile until I rolled down on the floor and stopped near the girls. I groaned from the pain. Suddenly I tasted something metallic, so I spat it out to see that I was bleeding.

Winter: Jahoon! Are you alright?!

Jahoon: I'm fine. Nothing to worry about.

Black Mamba: Awww~ How sweet~ My little daughter trying to convince her little lover that everything is fine~ It makes me want to puke! Why don't we have some fun together Jahoon? Some father and daughter time. Doesn't that sound lovely to you?

Black Mamba flew up in the air and landed a few meters away from me. I propped myself back up on my feet and dusted my clothes. I reached my hand out and made a gesture for him to come closer.

Jahoon: Bring on. I'm not afraid of you anymore.

Black Mamba: As you wish.

Black Mamba began walking towards me but suddenly he disappeared. I looked around trying to find him but somehow he still managed to attack me from behind. Each time I turned around to fight him off he disappeared again before popping out of nowhere and attacking me. I had no chance of making any contact with him. My whole body was filled with cuts an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter