I'm the wrong person you have.

In an alternative world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jahoon: Winter? What are you doing around here?

Winter: I was just walking around to take my mind off... someone... What are you doing around here? Where have you been all of these past 5 years?

5 years have passed by? Damn the time is running quickly in Kwangya. Winter walked closer to me but before I could even say anything, Winter smacked me across my face. I was shocked about what had happened.

Winter: How dare you leave me like that?! Without even telling me goodbye or telling me where you would go?! Do you know how worried sick I was about your sudden disappearance?! I thought-

I pulled Winter into a hug. She tried to pull away from me by hitting my chest and kicking my legs but I just bit through the pain and held her as tight as I could before she eventually gave up and wrapped her arms around me while crying heavily. We stood like that for a while, not even caring about the people who walked past us and gave us some weird stares. The only one I could focus on at the moment was Winter.

Jahoon: I'm sorry Winter. I'm sorry... I really want to tell you what happened but... I don't even know myself. What happened...

I knew I was lying through my teeth but I couldn't tell her the truth or she would never get near me ever again. I can't afford that. She is the only one I trust here in Kwangya. Winter pulled a bit away so she could see my face with a confused look on hers.

Winter: What do you mean that you don't know what happened? You disappear without any hints or is it because you don't want anything to do with me at all?

I could see tears beginning to form in her eyes, making me panic a bit.

Jahoon: No no! It is nothing like that at all! It is just... just that someone or something flashed my eyes with a bright light and made me inhale something and suddenly everything went black right after that. The next thing I know I wake up here in the alley, wondering what happened and meeting you.

Winter pulled away from me with an unknown look on her face. It was kind of like she was worried but there was also a hint of being scared in her expression.

Winter: So you are saying that you were flashed by a bright light and suddenly inhaled an unknown substance before blacking out? And that you don't remember anything that happened between that and now when you woke up?

I nodded, trying to make it look as believable as possible. Winter bit her lower lip before pulling me into a hug, which caught me by surprise. I didn't know what to do but I just wrapped my arms around her in case it could comfort her a little.

Winter: I'm so sorry for walking away from you like that! I shouldn't have done that! If I had just been with you then none of this would have happened! I was so worried that I was going to lose you!

I pulled away, so I could clearly see her face.

Jahoon: Wait a moment. Two questions. One, why does what happened to me scare you so much? What even happened?

Winter: It seems like you were taken away by the servants of Black mamba.

Black mamba? That kind of sounds familiar... that it's right! The man in all black and face mask said to fear the god Black mamba! But if they use the bright light and gas Winter said, then the blue orb must be on their side! But it seems impossible since all of what it had told me was true and it seems like it didn't want anything but good for me. Maybe I should try and be more careful around it the next time it appears.

Winter: Earth to Jahoon? Anyone home? What was your second question? You said you had two questions.

Jahoon: I just wondered why you cared so much about my whereabouts. I mean I'm happy that you are worried about me, but it seems you care much about me? Like... much more than a... friend?

I raised my right eyebrow at her. I mean we have only known each other for almost a year but i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter