Just my imagination

In an alternative world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up the next day to my phone vibrating. I groaned in annoyance to be suddenly woken up and used my hand to fumble around my bedside table to find my phone. After too much hard work, I finally found it and was available to see who in their right mind was disturbing my sleep and who I had to kill the next time I saw them. I rubbed my eyes and looked at my phone to see Yunkyoung had sent me a message.

Jahoon: Since it is you, I will not kill you but you are going to owe me big time for disturbing my precious sleep.

I mumbled to myself as I opened the message chat to only see Yunkyoung writing to me that there were no cases or work today so we could rest all. I groaned once again as my face-planted into my pillow. All I wanted to do right now was go back to sleep… but unfortunately after a long time of trying I couldn't sleep and had to get up.

Jahoon: Damn it Yunkyoung. You ruined my sleep… At least I have the day off so I can take a nap.

I walked down the stairs while stretching my body before getting myself a cup of coffee since it is only a sociopath who can function throughout the day without coffee. Soon after I sat in front of my TV, watching some news when a sudden urge to play the Kwangya game filled inside of me. I tried to distract myself by thinking about other things that interested me but no matter how hard I resisted, all I could ever think about was the game. In the end, I have to give up. I stood up with a sigh and began making my way to my office after getting myself another cup of coffee.

Jahoon: What is it with you? I have never ever felt like this before with a game. God! I have never even touched a game in my whole life.

I looked at the game box as I talked to myself. Whoever saw me right now would think that I have gotten out of my mind and I think I am right now, standing here alone while talking to a game box. I opened it and placed the game disk into my computer while mentally preparing myself to jump into the game like last time but to my surprise, I didn't? Wait… why would I even be surprised about it?

Jahoon: I should go and see a therapist… of course I wouldn't be jumping into a game and actually be in it.

I sighed as I facepalmed myself. Somehow I still keep wondering what actually happened yesterday because all of it feels like it was real. I shrugged and decided not to think anymore about it and just try out the game as Yunkyoung recommended. All of it seemed like how a normal game would be. My character in the middle of the game that I could order around to do whatever I want and have some missions in the corner for me to complete and a bag to fill in stuff that I probably would need later in the game. It all seems like a typical game but something was still off.

Jahoon: Why does it not look like how I remembered it?

The surroundings of the game didn't look like how I had seen them before. All of the surroundings were somewhere in a dark place. I was currently standing on a coal-black bridge with what seemed like lava or some sort, running like it was water. I walked a few steps into the game and tried to look around but couldn't see anyone or anything with life at all. It was like I was all alone in the game. Something was off. Terrible off but I decided to walk further in the game to at least get some kind of clues about about where I was. I even took up the game box to make sure that I had placed the right game in but it couldn't be a swap since I don't have any other games laying around in my house. Yes, I'm boring like that but I don't find games interesting. Maybe chess? I walked further and further

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter