life/country update

Right Feels Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hi! i've been inactive lately because so much has been happening in my country (Philippines). I have spent days just grieving for my country, for the people. I don't know how to process this whole thing. My future feels so uncertain because of the election results and it's really difficult to find hope in these trying times.

 

Just to give you a background:

For the past few weeks, I, along with other youth volunteers, have campaigned soooo hard for our presidential bet (Leni Robredo). We're fighting so hard for her because so much was at stake. There's a threat to bring back another Marcos in position. But not just any position, but the highest position in our country.

If you're not familiar with Marcos, you can search Ferdinand Marcos on Google and read about the atrocities of his family in our country. His family has stolen billions of dollars, killed thousands of people, yet his son, Bongbong Marcos still had the face to run for the presidency.

 

And what I feared the most came true. He won the election with over 30 million votes from the Filipino people.

 

I'm sorry for telling you these political things in this non-political platform. But I hope you understand me because:

1. As a writer, I have the obligation to let my readers know about such things. We are not only here for the romance, the fluff, or all the fun. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. As people who love reading, we should also maint

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter