Chapter 9

Right Feels Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

long story short, it was a bad time

Seolhee almost forgot how fast gossip spread, especially among interns. However, today she was reminded of it when she walked past a group of first-year residents who were obviously talking about her and Baekhyun.

     "I heard they're dating," the poor intern didn't even bother letting Seolhee walk far enough to not hear what he had just said. Seolhee felt like it was done on purpose. So instead of ignoring them and walking straight towards wherever she was headed (she completely forgot at that moment), she turned around to face the three gossips.

     "Hi. You could have asked me yourself about the dating rumors instead of doing that behind my back like a high school idiot, but spread the word, guys," she smiled a sarcastic smile in front of them, making the interns almost shiver with fear. "I'm not dating anyone. I'm completely single. So if you have someone to introduce to me, go ahead. And like I said, spread the words," then she flashed them an eye smile which instantly disappeared just a second later.

     Now, she wishes she didn't gossip too much as an intern. "It feels like the universe is getting back at me for the rumors we helped spread about our attendings," she sighs as she takes a sip of her cold coffee.

     The busy streets of Seoul become more obvious with the giant glass panel that reveals the people rushing to their workplace. Hyojoo and Chaeyoung laugh, reminiscing how the gossips were the only thing that kept their internship entertaining. There were a lot of dating rumors that link the most controversial people inside the hospital. Now Seolhee, as well as all of her friends, never expected Seolhee to be linked with a first-year resident as well.

     "It's Baekhyun's fault," Chaeyoung says, crossing her legs and her arms while she stares at Seolhee, waiting for a response. But she didn't receive any. Seolhee simply turns her head away to observe the people outside.

     "So you mean this Baekhyun intern is the same Byun Baekhyun that Seolhee used to cry about back in med school?" Hyojoo aks.

     "Exactly," Chaeyoung confirms and Seolhee can only roll her eyes while watching Hyojoo cover and gasp in shock. "And if she gets back together with him, I will skin both of them alive," Chaeyoung adds.

     "What?" Seolhee asks in disbelief.

     "I said what I said. You can't put yourself through that again, Seong. You two were toxic," Chaeyoung replies. Then she looks at Hyojoo with wide eyes to somehow show the truthfulness in her statement. "Trust me, Joo, they were toxic. Seolhee was the one who kept on chasing him over and over that she almost flunked her exams."

     And just like that, Seolhee's mind flew to that very moment back in college, when she would spend the whole night wondering about Baekhyun's whereabouts. Right after she asked him out, he didn't show up for days and it drove Seolhee crazy. She never thought it was a big deal back then, but now that she looks back, the amount of time she spent thinking about Baekhyun, the nights she spent trying to stop herself from contacting him as to give him space, they were insane. And although she has dated a couple of guys after Baekhyun, she had never felt that way towards someone else again. Her friends told her that it was her learning her lesson, but Seolhee wasn't quite sure of that. But in some ways, she convinced herself that Baekhyun is a lesson learned. That she would never feel that same intensity of love for someone ever again because that was not how it was supposed to be; she wasn't supposed to give someone her all. Maybe that was what Baekhyun had taught her.

     "Waaah, that's ridiculous Seolhee," Hyojoo shakes her head. "Didn't know you were a hormonal college student. I can't even begin to wrap my head around that. You were skipping class to sleep with Baekhyun? Wow," Hyojoo claps slowly, totally amazed by the new information that she's getting.

     Back in med school, all she knew was that Baekhyun was the man who broke Seolhee's heart. It took a lot of time for her to completely move on from him and to start dating other guys. Other than that, she knows nothing about Baekhyun and what he looks like. They kept him like their little secret, so he's a mystery to her. All that was until Hyojoo heard the rumors about Baekhyun and Seolhee so she had to go look for herself.

     "But I understand why you would skip class for that," Hyojoo says as she recalls the first time she saw Baekhyun. "Mama likey," she says and laughs. "Honestly? I would do the same if I were you,"

     "Hey!" Chaeyoung throws a piece of bread at Hyojoo. "Stop talking about Baekhyun like that. We hate him. We don't like him and we would not skip school for him. Do you understand me, Hyojoo and Seong?" They turn their faces to Seolhee whose attention was miles away from them. She's still looking outside, zoned out.

     "Can we not talk about Baekhyun right now? He's the least of my concern, guys,"

     The two girls lean in to listen to her, the atmosphere among the three suddenly turning serious. "I can't stop thinking about Minkyung. She's only 16,"

     "Why, what happened to her?"

 

After Seolhee got the man arrested two days ago, she received a notice saying that Johoon will press charges against her for assault. Seolhee could only scoff. She knows he deserved what she got, but she also knows that she could have done better and didn't resolve anything through violence. But if I didn't punch him, then who's going to? she tries reasoning out.

     However, she already knew she was wrong. She got reminded of it when she was called by the director and was warned that she might get suspended if that ever happens again. "That man is a criminal but you are a doctor, Shin Seolhee. You treat people, not punch them. Although I get where you're coming from, the hospital will not be responsible for the consequences of your actions." Dr. Son, one of the board members, said. Seolhee only nodded. She remained quiet and agreed to everything until she was finally

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter