Chapter 19

Right Feels Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

illicit affairs and clandestine meetings

A kiss on the forehead.

     Seolhee couldn't even remember the last time she woke up with a kiss, but today she did, and it was pure bliss. She snuggles closer to Baekhyun's chest and she felt his chuckle vibrating through his body.

     Baekhyun pulls back to look at Seolhee with her messy hair and bare skin. The sunlight is kissing her face and the brown in her eyes becomes more evident with the light and everything is okay again.

     "Good morning," Baekhyun smiles at her. "We have approximately 45 minutes 'til we have to go to work,"

     "Ugh," Seolhee groans and buries her face on Baekhyun's neck again. "Why do you have to start the morning with that," she complains.

     Baekhyun uses the arm she's laying her head on to pull her even closer, the other hand to hug her tighter on her hips. Everything is perfect, almost surreal.

     "I have to go home now," Seolhee mumbles while caged in Baekhyun's arms. Baekhyun moans in disapproval. "We can just go to work together,"

     "No, my scrub suit stinks and I don't have any change of clothes on my locker. Which reminds me, I have to do laundry," Seolhee moves away to match Baekhyun's head on the pillow and they stare at each other for a good five seconds. "Come on, let me go now."

     That one smile was enough to melt Baekhyun's heart instantly. The last time he felt giddy as hell towards a girl was when Dahyun called him "dada" for the first time.

     Seolhee ended up going to work that day but not before he could give her a long and mindblowing kiss before parting. "I'll see you at work," he whispered in her ear before kissing the area on her neck just below it. He closes the door and waved goodbye and he was happy again.

 

Seolhee drives to work with an unwavering smile on her face. She knows she has to keep it down once she arrives but since she's alone, she's gonna have to savor the moment by herself.

     The first thing she thought after getting out of the shower this morning is how to tell her best friend, who is extremely opposed to the idea, that she slept with Baekhyun (again).

     Upon entering the hospital, she encountered a few nurses she knew and exchanged polite greetings with each other. When she a corner towards the board to see her schedule for surgeries today, she sees a smiling Baekhyun with his arms crossed and leaning against the board. "Nice to see you again, Dr. Seol,"

     Seolhee rolls her eyes although she couldn't deny that seeing him again made her heart jump a little. "Were you waiting for me?" she asks while trying to return the smile.

     Baekhyun simply nods and watches her as she takes a picture of the board. She has three surgeries today, one in the morning and two in the afternoon. She still has to do her morning rounds before prepping for her first surgery.

     "Good luck on your operations today, Dr. Seol," Baekhyun says as soon as Seolhee puts the phone back in her pocket. "And cute pig scrubs," he says, pointing at her pink scrubs that have pig prints on them.

     Seolhee looks down at her outfit and back at Baekhyun. "Why thanks. I bought it off Amazon, if you'd like one," Seolhee starts walking and Baekhyun follows and walks beside her.

     "What are you doing?"

     "I'm doing rounds with you,"

     "Nuh-uh. Dr. Kim said he's gonna have you today,"

     "Uh-uh. Dr. Kim yelled at us this morning because the emergency room was too crowded so Gayeong went with Dr. Hyo becaushe she's interested in plastic surgery and I went with you because I'm interested in you,"

     Seolhee scoffs. "Wow, Dr. Byun. But you're not considering

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter