Chapter 1

Right Feels Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Interns

     "Are you ing him?"

     Seolhee sighs in disbelief.

     "No, don't give me that attitude. Give me a ing answer, Seolhee."

     Seolhee has been spared for a one-hour lunch break after a non-stop 13-hour shift. She hoped she would actually be able to rest instead of being pulled inside the emergency stairs of the hospital.

     "I already told you, I'm not. I swear on my father's life I'm not sleeping with anyone else, Hoseok. Especially not Sehun, for goodness sake. He's my best friend's boyfriend!"

     "Don't you dare raise your voice on me, Seolhee," Hoseok grabs her arm and squeezes it as a warning. "If I ever find you flirting with him again, I swear to God," he doesn't finish the sentence. He never finishes that sentence that feels more like a life-threatening warning to Seolhee. Instead, he always walks away and slams the door on his way out.

     Of course, Seolhee is not flirting with Sehun. God knows they've been nothing but friends for years, and that friendship is one of the few that she treasures the most. But Hoseok is too far gone in his jealousy and delusion. She's explained this to him many times, and for the past few days, she's lost the energy to explain herself to him.

     So now, instead of going to the cafeteria for lunch, she grabbed a biscuit and a soda from the nearest vending machine she could find, leaned on it, and ate, then went to the nursery unit to admire some newborn babies. She had just finished her fellowship training and finally on her track to become a pediatric doctor who specializes in heart and lungs.

     Since her internship, Seolhee has been debating whether to enter the cardiothoracic or neurosurgery department. In the end, she chose the former. She also decided to be a general surgeon in pediatrics because she'll be able to have a broader area of practice, plus she gets to dress fun scrubs every day and doesn't get laughed at. Simple things like wearing her pig and frog headbands or clipping the cat's ears on her coat's pocket, so it looks like a cat is peeking through, give her joy when her job gets tough.

     Like what she planned since she was in elementary, she finished her undergraduate degree right on time as well as medical school. Things couldn't have been more perfect. Except of course in the only area that Seolhee doesn't really excel in (based on her previous experiences): romantic relationships.

     She sits in front of the huge glass window that separates her from the newborns. As much as she loved looking at them, she couldn't help but wonder how naive she was to think that she would find the love of her life at 20, be married at 27, and have kids by 30. Now, she's 28, and she can't even make time for her friends anymore. Her job is the only thing going on in her life.

     But then there's Hoseok. He's an anesthesiologist that she met six months ago. She knows right from the start that Hoseok isn't going to be the one she wants to spend her whole life with, and pretty soon, she's going to have to end it with him. But right now, Hoseok, as obsessive as he is, helps her get her mind off of things, especially when they're alone in the on-call room.

      with Hoseok is heavenly. It's so good that it's the only thing that's keeping Seolhee from breaking up with him. Br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter