Chapter 11

Right Feels Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

you know the greatest loves of all time are over now

Baekhyun has Seolhee's arms around his shoulder to stop her from face-landing on the sidewalk. "Why did you even drink so much?"

     "Where are you taking me?" Seolhee lazily asks and lazily walks, putting as much weight as she can on Baekhyun. And then she suddenly gasps. "Are you taking me to my place? Like you used to? Waah, cool Baekhyun isn't gone after all,"

     Baekhyun looks at her as they continue walking. He's just thankful that his dog is cooperating instead of going in the opposite direction. His eyebrow raises. "What do you mean isn't gone after all?"

     This is the right thing to do, take advantage of Seolhee's honesty. At least that's what Baekhyun thinks is the right thing to do, it's harmless and fun, and most importantly, it will be embarrassing for Seolhee.

     "Because..." Seolhee trails; she points forward and then to her side to poke Baekhyun's cheeks. "You're daddy Baekhyun now. Oh-so-serious Baekhyun. I-can-be-your-friend Baekhyun. I-have-better-priorities-in-life-than-you Baekhyun. I'm-more-responsible-than-you-now Baekhyun. I-have-a-kid-and-you-don't Baekhyun. Where's the bad boy Baekhyun? Huh? Did you kill him? The I-will-kiss-you-til-you-drop Baekhyun."

     As much as Baekhyun wanted to stop and process everything that Seolhee had just said, he couldn't because his dog on his left hand, and Seolhee on his right side, were both dragging him. So he just laughs as much as he can and shakes his head at how ridiculous she would think she is when she sobers up and realizes everything she just said. But Baekhyun doesn't find it ridiculous, not at all.

     He finds himself wanting this honesty from Seolhee all this time, and he swears to himself that he would take everything in. After all, this was Shin Seolhee that he's talking about. Whatever she says, he would not take lightly.

     "Do you miss that kiss-you-til-you-drop Baekhyun?"

     "No? Yes? Well, I don't know. Do I miss you kissing me? No. Well, a little bit, maybe. I just want to try it again and see if you have improved. But mostly, I miss that bad boy aura. You look too much of a good boy now, it's strange. Probably too good for me."

     With everything that Seolhee said, Baekhyun couldn't help but focus on one thing. "What do you mean to see if I've improved?"

     Seolhee chuckles. "I was kidding. You're the best kiss I've had," but she pauses abruptly. "Oh no, it's Taehyung. Definitely Taehyung. Good tongue works, god. Or was it Hoseok? Actually, you're third overall."

     Baekhyun keeps biting the insides of his cheek. "Okay, you need to stay quiet now until we reach the club,"

     "No, that's okay, don't be disappointed with yourself. Third place is not that bad considering that you were the first relationship I've been in and considering that I've dated a couple after you, but you remained third," Seolhee's hazy mind is working on its own. She's unfiltered. Baekhyun initially thought he would like it. But now, with everything that Seolhee is saying, maybe keeping quiet about some things was better after all.

     "Ugghh," Baekhyun groans, wondering how long she will blabber about such things.

     "now that's the Bakehyun I knew. Always groaning, annoyed at everyone else except me. Damn, I was living the high school dream, wasn't I?"

     Singing about the nursery rhymes that Dahyun is listening to at home became Baekhyun's defense against Seolhee's brutally honest words. Although she's just right beside him, he blocks off her voice and sings on his mind.

     By the time they arrived at her car, Seolhee seemed exhausted. "I feel like my foot is about to fall off, Baekhyun-ah,"

     And now she's acting cute. "You should have let me ride your dog on the way here,"

     "Are you crazy? He's not even a foot tall. You're gonna crush him,"

     "Crush? I think I have a crush," Seolhee says all of a sudden. Baekhyun, who's buckling her seatbelt, freezes.

     Who? He wanted to ask. Should I ask? 

     "Wh- who?" he successfully buckles her seatbelt. And when Baekhyun finally looks at Seolhee, she already has her eyes closed. "Are you asleep? Who is it?"

     "Nah, I'm not sure yet. But you'd forgive me, right?"

     Baekhyun doesn't know how to react. Why would she need forgiveness from him?

     "You're my friend, right? You'll forgive me, I know it," and off to sleep she goes, leaving Baekhyun with more questions than before.

 

By looking at the GPS on her car, Baekhyun figures out where she lives and quietly drives there. He checks up on Seolhee and his dog, who's strangely behaving quietly on the backseat, from time to time.

     "Seol, wake up. We're here,"

     It took him three sets of shaking before Seolhee regained consciousness. "Baekhyun?" she says, feeling the sunlight a little too strongly that it makes her head ache even more. "Oh, hi. I remember seeing you,"

     "Good. Can you go in on your own?" Baekhyun asks.

     "Uh, yes,"

     No, I can't. But how can I even ask you to walk me home? You, Baekhyun? She doesn't notice how long she's been staring at him. She still feels a little drunk. The conversation from a while ago hasn't gone back to her memories yet, but they will.

     And they did. When Seolhee went out of the car and immediately strumbled down, she felt her heart beat faster, and suddenly, she's awake, feeling more sober now.

     But Baekhyun didn't want to take the chances of seeing her on the news the next day for bashing her head against the cold tiles of her house. "Wait for me here, I'll open the gates,"

     Baekhyun noticed how Seolhee's lifestyle has significantly improved. Of course she's lived more comfortably than average people her age back in college. Her parents were doctors, after all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter