Chapter 16

Right Feels Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

they say i did something bad. then why's it feel so good?

"An iPhone 6?!" Baekhyun comes rushing to Seolhee after seeing his daughter holding what seemed like a brand new phone when she arrived at the hospital.

      Meanwhile, Seolhee is gathering patient records from nurse Kim when he arrives, gathering the people's attention nearby. Seolhee clears and straightens her stance. "What's the matter, Dr. Byun?" she says, although she knows damn well what the problem was.

      "You said you were going to give her your old phone," Baekhyun replies, now toning his voice down a little so that everybody can stop looking at them. "I did!" Seolhee defends. She knows it won't work, but she tries either way. "You said you were going to give her your ancient brick phone," Baekhyun says with gritted teeth.

      Seolhee takes a deep breath. For the last two days, she's been trying to find her keypad phone that can't be used to browse the internet. She gave up when she finished flipping her house upside down just to look for that certain phone. Instead, she opens her drawer and grabs the rose gold iPhone that she used to have back in college.

      "I lost it, alright? I promised her I'd give her a phone, but that's the most ancient one I can give," Seolhee tries to act nonchalantly by tying her hair in a bun. She grabs the clipboard that was handed to her by the nurse and starts walking. "You can take it back if you want to,"

      Baekhyun sighs in frustration. "I can't!"      

     "Will you stop shouting at me? You're undermining my authority here. I can't let others see I'm getting scolded by a first-year intern. How do you think that would make me look?" Seolhee doesn't really care. By the looks of it, she's just having an argument with her intern. There is no way she would look like he's scolding her.

     Baekhyun scratches his hair. If this was under different circumstances, he would let Seolhee have her way. But this includes Dahyun and Baekhyun gets a little too sensitive when it comes to her, especially when the rules he set for her aren't being followed. So Baekhyun walks silently with Seolhee until they walk by an emergency exit. That's when Baekhyun grabs Seolhee's arms and smoothly enters.

     "Seol!" Baekhyun whines. His forehead is crumpling with the scowl.

     "Wh-ha-what?" Seolhee crosses her arm and leans back on the white wall. She looks at Baekhyun, whose back is being kissed by the sun. His dark hair looks more like a chocolate brown in the light. She almost laughs at Baekhyun's expression.

     "I can't be the bad guy who takes the phone away. You do it."

     "Well I can't be the bad guy either who gives her a phone and then takes it away,"

     Baekhyun steps back in defeat and groans. "Why are you being so difficult? Just tell her that you made a mistake and you were going to replace it with a phone that's appropriate for her age."

     "Fine! I will. Where is she now?"

     "In your lab," Baekhyun finally grins.

     "Oh me," groans Seolhee then glares at Baekhyun before turning around.

     Before Seolhee can open the door, Baekhyun replies, "I gladly would if you had just let me last night!"

     "Hey!" Seolhee instantly turns back around and points her finger at Baekhyun. "You- I told you we'll forget about what happened, Baekhyun."

     "You said we'll forget about it. Did you hear me agree with you?"

 

It was a mind-blowing kiss, and they would both be lying if they said they didn't feel anything after that. That 10-second kiss that felt like a lifetime was enough to make them lightheaded and disoriented. And that was enough for Seolhee to step back and feel scared.

     It had been a long time s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter