Chapter 24

Right Feels Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this ultraviolet morning light below
tells me this love is worth the fight

Seolhee wouldn't deny the swelling of her heart while her gaze remains loyal to Baekhyun, and his, to her. She opens to speak but the suddenness of everything made her feel like has been too dry to gather some words. She wouldn't deny either that she has strong feelings for Baekhyun. But does she love him now?

     This kind of confrontation was a privilege to have back when they used to date in college. Her mind trails back to how she rarely had this kind of talk with Baekhyun. She understands that everything had changed now. And if she didn't know better, she would have told him 'how dare you demand an answer from me like this when you let me hang unto uncertainties when I used to be all in?' 

     But the good thing is that she knew better, and so she pushes that thought to the back of her mind and look at the sincere Baekhyun right in front of her. The one more worthy of her love.

     "Dad?" the door behind Seolhee opens and Dahyun stands there while rubbing her eyes. When she looks up, she sees Seolhee and she immediately looked more awake. "Auntie Seol! You're also here!" she excitedly jumps on her lap.

     "Auntie? Since when did you start calling her auntie?" Baekhyun says, his voice has changed. Now in a sweeter and higher tone. Baekhyun momentarily looks at Seolhee who awkwardly smiles at him and back to Dahyun.

     "She didn't want me to call her mom so she said to call her auntie," Dahyun looks up at Seolhee and grins.

     "She didn't?" Baekhyun was quick to regret his careless reply. Even he heard the disappointment in his tone and he immediately glances at Seolhee whose eyes widened. "Of course, she wouldn't want to be called a mom, Hyunie-ah," he recovers and pats her head. Baekhyun stands up to grab a snack from the kitchen.

     Right when he turned his back towards them and took exactly three steps, Dahyun spoke again. "But Seulgi wanted me to call her mom!"

     Time stood still and went back to work in a snap. Seolhee and Baekhyun's eyes met. "Oh, did she now?" Seolhee asks, still looking at Baekhyun. Dahyun nodded and Seolhee didn't have to look at her to understand what that meant. "Seulgi, you said?"

     There was something about the look of panic on Baekhyun's face that she found so amusing. She wasn't angry at this news, not even one bit. Not when Baekhyun just told her that he was all hers, not when he just gave her the reassurance of her life.

     "So there is a Seulgi. I didn't know that," Seolhee purposely leaves her face blank and she tries so hard to contain laughter when Baekhyun stood there with an open mouth, willing himself to speak but no words were coming out. So when a few more seconds passed and he still couldn't talk, Seolhee decides to help him out. "But we can talk about that later," she says, eyeing Baekhyun, and turns to Dahyun. "Are you hungry, baby girl? Come on, let's find some snacks," she holds Dahyun's tiny hands and leads her into the kitchen, intentionally bumping Baekhyun's shoulder on the way.

     Baekhyun remains silent, watching the two girls he loved the most laugh and feed each other. What exactly was happening? He had no idea. Seolhee didn't give him a clear answer and yet here she was, making his kid happy, and making him happy as a result. She just learned about an ex, yet she didn't seem to be so mad about it. What was she doing? If this was how Seolhee felt when Baekhyun used to constantly avoid her in college, then he totally deserved that he got his heart broken by her.

     "So are you excited to start school this summer?" Seol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter