Chapter 13

Right Feels Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

time, mystical time

"Can we just end this discussion now?" Seolhee lets out an exhausted sigh before turning her head at the amused Dahyun who seems to be enjoying the argument. "If you don't want to buy her a new phone, at least let me give her my old one,"

    "That's not happening," Baekhyun says. At this point, it's no longer clear to Baekhyun why he's still disagreeing. That was even after Seolhee has explained to him how much of a necessity a phone is, especially for emergencies. Like when Dahyun is being followed by a mysterious man in the daycare center--as Seolhee laid out, she would need to immediately ask for help.

    "But dad!" Dahyun finally jumps into the conversation, still giving her best pout and puppy eyes. Looking at her, Seolhee can only scoff, reminding her of how much the little girl adopted her father's facial expressions. 

     Baekhyun sighs and throws his hand up in the air as a sign of giving up. "Okay, we'll buy you a phone after wo-"

     "YAYY!" Dahyun jumps up and down. However, Seolhee still isn't satisfied.

     "No," she says. "Little girls like her shouldn't get a new phone. They'll grow up a brat, right Dahyunie?" Seolhee tilts her head to see Dahyun's response but she stays still. Of course she would, she thought she was going to have a new phone. She thought Seolhee was on her side but now she's... not? Dahyun tilts her head too, confused.

     "Okay, fine. What do you want me to do?" Baekhyun says.

     "Let me give her my old phone, okay? It's like an ancient phone so she wouldn't be too immersed in it, alright? Okay, that's it. End of discussion. I'm going," Without a word, Seolhee left Baekhyun and Dahyun inside her office.

     Seolhee couldn't get more excited today. Tahee is going to be released from the ICU since she has fully recovered. By the time she gets there, Tahee is back to eating her favorite chocolate biscuit snack. "Yah, Dr. Seolhee, I thought you forgot about me already," Tahee flashes a cheeky smile.

     That was enough for Seolhee's day to be completed. There's nothing like knowing that your favorite patient is waiting for you too. "How could I? You're the prettiest patient that I have. Of course I'd visit you,"

     Tahee makes a gagging sound. "Ughh, don't say things like that, Doc. You're making me sick,"

     "Just say I'm the prettiest doctor here, too. No need to be shy," Seolhee nudges Tahee's side and sits beside her. The girl only rolls her eyes, her eyes went back to the television where she's watching just another romantic comedy (that Seolhee disapproves of because she thinks 12-year-olds should watch the National Geographic Channel if they don't want to stick with Barney and Friends and Dora the Explorer).

     Seolhee didn't do anything for the next couple of minutes, she just sits beside Tahee on the hospital bed and eats her snack together. "You know," Tahee says. "You're getting paid by the hour you're here. Shouldn't you do something like... saving people's lives, maybe? Like what doctors do?"

     Seolhee scoffs. "Do you want me to go?"

     "Nah, I'm just saying," Tahee shrugs.

     "I'm doing my job! I'm taking care of you, that's my job," she replies, getting more defensive now, making Tahee enjoy her reaction a little more.

     "So you only hang out with me because you're getting paid to do so?" Tahee pushes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter