To Those Who Tell Their Truth

I Wished For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here we're back to the present, enjoy!

 

---------

 

The best place to keep a secret was in plain sight, Momo was proof of that. No one suspected a servant of being anything more than that. 

 

I see through your façade. You’re exactly what everyone thinks you are, your majesty. 

 

“You asked to see me?” Momo asked. 

 

“Well, it would be in bad faith not to care about both of my daughters. Are you okay?” the king asked. 

 

“I’m okay, it’s lucky the doctor and her assistant found me when they did, or else it would’ve been much worse.” 

 

“That’s a relief.”  

 

“So, are you really just worried about me?” 

 

“Of course, what kind of person do you think I am?” 

 

“You know exactly what kind of person I think you are. You try to be good, but you will always be burdened by the person standing in front of you. A mistake. I was and always will be just a mistake to you!” 

 

Her vision started to blur as tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

 

“Is that what you think? I admit I’ve done things I’m not proud of, but never have I once thought you were a mistake.” 

 

“Then why do I have to pretend to be someone I’m not?!” 

 

“I don’t want you to have to deal with the consequences of my actions.” 

 

“I don’t care about the consequences! I just want to tell the truth!” 

 

“I understand.” 

 

“Then prove it!” 

 

What was threatening to fall finally did and she ran away. The king tried to yell after her, but his efforts were futile. In her desperate attempt to flee, she accidentally bumped into someone and fell backward. 

 

“Hirai! Are you okay?” a familiar voice rang out. 

 

“No, I’m not,” Momo said truthfully. 

 

“Who made you cry?” 

 

“The king.” 

 

Tzuyu helped Momo up as she questioned, “The king?” 

 

“I’ll tell you soon enough, but for now, can we just go outside? I need a breath of fresh air.” 

 

Momo walked outside and Tzuyu followed. Chaeyoung viewed them with an air of confusion but kept quiet. She knew her friend could handle herself. 

 

You had the courage to run away and I had the courage to stay. You became the assistant to the royal doctor and I became a guard. We hadn’t seen each other in years and yet somehow, here we were reunited. The same outcome happening twice? Only in my dreams. 

 

---------

 

“I can’t believe it,” Tzuyu said. 

 

“I don’t blame you,” Momo said. 

 

“The king is a genius.” 

 

“That’s one way to put it.”

 

“No, just think about it. Managing to keep this a secret for twenty-six years is impressive. Making you a servant was perfect, unsuspecting yet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter