The Well Strikes Again

I Wished For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi! It's been a while, huh? I'm back with another chapter! This is for my tiny percentage of Motzu shippers out there! 

Enjoy everyone!

 

---------

 

The next day, Chaeyoung woke up in an unfamiliar bed, much more comfortable than what she was used to. She also noticed a certain weight on her back, almost as if someone was clinging to her. It wasn’t an unwelcome feeling though, quite the opposite, in fact, she felt like she could get used to this warm, secure, loving embrace. But then, she remembered last night. Oh, right. She turned to face the person who was clinging to her. Exactly as expected, the woman of her dreams. 

 

Her sleeping face is cute. 

 

She wanted to poke her cheeks or kiss her forehead, or just do something, but refrained. It was better not to disturb her calm. A few minutes later, she saw her stir and her eyes flutter open. 

 

“Good morning,” Chaeyoung greeted with a smile. 

 

“Good morning,” Mina greeted in the same manner.

 

“How are you?” 

 

“I’m doing my best. How about you?” 

 

“The same. We should probably get up, huh?” 

 

“I would really like it if we could stay like this though.” 

 

“That would be nice, wouldn’t it? But, we both have duties to attend to.” 

 

Mina got up. “Fine. I’ll probably see you later anyway.” 

 

Chaeyoung nodded and followed after, putting her uniform back on. As much as they wanted to prolong the inevitable, that was the nature of their roles in this kingdom. It was one of the main reasons why everyone said that this type of relationship was tragic. Despite that, they believed in themselves. Things were not going to end up the same way. No one was going to die if they had any say in the matter. They kissed each other goodbye and Chaeyoung returned to her post while Mina had other royal duties to attend to. 

 

---------

 

Momo heard just about everything that went on in the palace. So much so, she had to remind herself of the eighth rule of being a great servant during those more conspicuous times, like when she would hear weird voices coming from places there shouldn’t have been any or just yesterday when she swore she heard her brother through the walls as she walked along a hallway, despite the fact that he had been gone for four years. She was always told she was paranoid and delusional for it, but noises were something she became distinctly hyper-aware of over her time as a servant. More so, after she accidentally walked in on BamBam three years ago. Luckily, nothing like that had happened since, but Momo liked to keep vigilant. A few moments later, she felt a tap on her shoulder, breaking her train of thought. 

 

“Are you okay, Momo?” Hyeon asked. 

 

“I’m fine. Why do you ask?” Momo responded with a question of her own. 

 

“First of all, you’ve been sweeping the same spot for five minutes, and second, you looked like you were staring off into space, consumed by your own thoughts before I said anything. I think you need a day off. Working almost every day for twenty years can drive anyone crazy.”

 

“Thank you for your concern, but I’m okay, I swear.” 

 

“You always say that. Go, have a day to yourself, it’s okay.” 

 

“Are you sure?” 

 

“Yes! My most trusted servant deserves it.” 

 

Momo propped her broom against the wall in the kitchen with all of the other brooms. “If you insist. I’ll take it.” 

 

“Thank you. See you later.” Hyeon waved goodbye as Momo walked out of the kitchen. 

 

Momo only really knew work though, so naturally, she didn’t know what to do with her day off. She just hoped something would strike her as she mindlessly strolled. Some minutes later, what she was hoping for did strike her, just not in the form she thought it would have. Her strike came in the form of a certain Chou Tzuyu holding parchments as she walked in the opposite direction and accidentally bumped into her. 

 

“Hey, Tzuyu, would you like some help?” Momo asked. 

 

“Oh, good day, Momo. Some help would be nice. Only if you’re able to, I’m sure you have other tasks to attend to,” Tzuyu responded. 

 

Momo took some of the parchments. “I was actually given the day off, so you just gave me the perfect out.” 

 

Tzuyu sighed in relief as some weight was taken off her hands. “Thank you.” 

 

“No problem, where were you heading?” 

 

“Just back to my chamber.” 

 

“Okay, then. I’ll walk with you. Do you have anything else to do today?” 

 

“Besides these menial tasks? Not really, no. After I’m done with this, I’m pretty much free. Dr. Park doesn’t need much from me today.” 

 

“If that’s so, would you like to go out with me today?” 

 

Tzuyu raised an eyebrow. “Really? You’re asking me?” 

 

“Who else is around? And besides, I like you Tzuyu, I can’t think of a better person to go with.” 

 

“Wouldn’t you rather go with the princess, or Sana?” 

 

“They probably have other things to worry about.” 

 

“I guess I can’t argue with that. Let’s drop these off and go then. It’s pretty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter