Caught Red-Lipped

I Wished For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

About an hour ago, Sana went to talk to a specific guard. Mina followed behind her. She claimed she needed some fresh air. Sana just shrugged. It was normal to want to leave that spacious yet enclosed room once in a while, so she thought nothing of it. 

 

The library: exactly where Kim Dahyun was supposed to be standing. She thought it was cute that her favorite place in the palace was being guarded by her favorite person. She wanted to show Dahyun what was inside. It was almost as beautiful as the person standing in front of it. 

 

“Oh, hello again, Sana,” Dahyun greeted. 

 

“Hello, Dahyun! How are you?” Sana asked. 

 

“I’m good! You seem as enthusiastic as ever.” 

 

“Of course, I’m here talking to you.” 

 

Sana saw the hint of red that dusted Dahyun’s cheeks after she said that. 

 

Cute. 

 

“Does that mean I’m the highlight of your day?” 

 

Dahyun was teasing. Sana never missed a chance to tease back. “And if you are?” 

 

“That would make me the luckiest person alive.” 

 

“How?” 

 

“I make the beautiful girl in front of me feel better about her day. That’s some luck I have.” 

 

Sana felt herself redden slightly. “I don’t think it’s luck.” 

 

“What else could it be?” 

 

“Skill. You have some serious skill.” 

 

Dahyun flushed even deeper and Sana internally thanked the world for being blessed with the vision to see Dahyun’s usually pale face painted red. 

 

“Do I really?” 

 

“Yes, I’m not easy, you know. Plus, you’re quite charming.” 

 

“You flatter me too much.” 

 

“You deserve to be flattered.” 

 

“I don’t, but thank you.” 

 

Sana then grabbed Dahyun’s arm and dragged her inside the library. Since she knew the library like the back of her hand, it was easy for her to find the torches hanging on the walls. It took her a few minutes, but it was worth it to see it illuminated.

 

“Whoa!” Dahyun exclaimed in wonder. 

 

Sana returned to where Dahyun was standing and said, “I’ve wanted to show you this for a while.”

 

The table in front of them had books sprawled across it and the shelves held more history and fantasies than Dahyun could ever think to know. She noticed a piece of paper underneath one of the books on the table. 

 

“What is that?” Dahyun asked. 

 

Sana looked to where Dahyun was pointing. She lifted the book that sat on top, revealing a note. Dahyun picked it up. Sana took it from her hands and started reading. 

 

“My daughter, if you somehow find this note, let me first say, I’m sorry. You were lied to, but I bet you already figured that out. That’s how I raised you to be. Always the perceptive one, born to be the protector I didn’t deserve to be. I knew all of your questions, but I couldn’t answer them. I thought I could be better for you, for your brother, for your sister, but all I was was a coward who couldn’t be brave for his children. You never deserved to be the victim of my poor actions. I’m proud of you, so incredibly proud of you. You grew to become a woman of such sophisticated grace and determination. I know you found your true love again, you deserve that more than anything. I love you, your father.” 

 

“Who do you think it was meant for?” Dahyun asked. 

 

Sana shook her head, indicating she didn’t know, but deep down, she knew exactly who this was for. Momo had told her a long time ago that she was the king’s daughter too. This had to be from the king to Mina, there was no way it wasn’t. One thing about it confused her though. The last sentence. The word, “again,” in particular. How could someone find their true love again? It was the kind of story one could only see in village theatre performances. However, when she looked up to see that Dahyun had wandered to the other side of the library, she realized how hypocritical that way of thinking was. In such a short time, Dahyun had become someone special to Sana. Sure, she wasn’t an easy girl, but something about the guard drew her in. She walked up to her and saw that she was holding a book in both of her hands. In a lapse of better judgment, she pushed her against the shelf she had her back against. 

 

“Dahyun,” Sana said as she leaned in close. 

 

“Sana? What are you doing?” Dahyun asked. 

 

“I want to kiss you, is that okay?” 

 

Dahyun was extremely flustered and was grateful that the torches weren’t that bright. She didn’t want Sana to see just how red she was. 

 

“Yes.” 

 

Dahyun nodded in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter