Nine

The Love Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WINTER'S POV

 

"No don't leave." I pout as my best friend puts her starbucks drink into the cup holder of her car. she sighs, closing the car door for a second and standing in front of me.

 

"I wish I didn't have to." she pouts back. she opens her arms, leaning towards me as we catch ourselves in a big hug.

 

We don't move for a few seconds. I rub her back gently with my arms, closing my eyes comfortably. I wish she could stay forever. I wish we could be living our college life together like Karina and I are. It's so fun with her.

 

"You're not leaving each other for eternity.” Karina's voice snaps Ning and I out of our hug. We all laugh but then i pout at my best friend.

 

"Stop!" she whined and shoved me away from her. I keep my bottom lip hanging, a sad look in my eyes. "we will see each other soon." she assures me, giving me a smile.

 

"Definitely, who couldn't live without the famous Ning Yizhuo?" Karina remarks sarcastically as she goes in for a hug. Ning chuckles as she hugs the girl back.

 

"Nobody." I shake my head as Ningning put her arm on the open door of her car and look back at us. She got closer to Karina, wrapping my arm around her back.

 

"Text me, call me. Whatever.. You two be good, no more stupid fighting.” she says pointing at us with an evil eye. Karina and i both nod, agreeing.

 

Ningning waves before getting into her car. I waved back, watching sadly as my best friend puts her car in and drive and makes her way across the parking lot. I sigh, feeling Karina grabbing my face gently.

 

"You'll see her soon baby." she gives me a cute smile and kisses me softly. I held onto her waist, smiling into the kiss as I find it impossible to pout when I'm kissing her.

 

"I know," I murmured. "let's go back inside." I said, grasping into her hand. She nods and we walk side by side back into the building.

 

Now don't get wrong, it was a nice day out today but when i felt the cozy feeling of the building when we walked in, all I wanted to do was cuddle.

 

I hoped all the way upstairs that Yeji wasn't in the room. That she was anywhere but in that small room.

 

We made it to my room as i pulled out my key to unlock it. We didn't stop at Karina's room because i just kept walking, Forcing her to follow by the grip i had on her hand. I opened the door, seeing no one in sight, I smiled, shutting the door behind me.

 

I turned around and sneak my arms around Karina's waist. I walked backwards bringing her with me as she wraps her delicate arms around my neck. We fell back on the bed and laugh a little, seeing how neither of us were paying attention.

 

We lay our heads on the pillows, our arms still wrapped around each other as i dig my head into her chest. We laid there peacefully, and i feel my eyes become heavy.

 

That feeling of laying with that someone who you could never get sick of is the best feeling i've ever experienced. It's like they are protecting you with their arms, loving you through their willingness to relax and almost fall asleep. It may sound silly, but when you can lay with someone and forget all of your worries, it's a relief.

 

"Baby?" I heard a soft whisper, gaining my attention. I didn't move, I just hum letting her know I'm listening. "I'm sorry I've been bugging you so much about the parties." she continued. I lift my head slowly, meeting her face a few inches from mine. I crack a smile at her.

 

"Don't worry." I told her. "I understand where you're coming from." I place a soft kiss on her jaw as my head drops back down tiredly.

 

"That doesn't make it okay to give reasons why you should go. I respect whatever you want to do, we are in college now. I won't mention it again and I'll stay with you. I won't go anymore." she says gently, making me blush deep inside.

 

"You can go as long as you be careful and you don't drink too much. Then there won't be a problem." I said. "right?" I snuggled my head into her neck.

 

"Right," she whispered. "no more nagging about college parties. I love you and I want you to enjoy this life." I feel her arm move as she pulls my hair back, twirling some strands in her fingers.

 

“Of course I enjoy it. You're here." I replied as my face is deep into her neck. She giggled, feeling my breath hitting her skin.

 

"You know what I mean." she stops giggling and sighs quietly. I nodded my head.

 

"Yes I do and I appreciate it. I love you." I say back to her. "let's focus on what's really important, our relationship and our college work."

 

"Agreed, one hundred percent." she takes her hand away from the strands of my hair and rubs my back gently.

 

"Our one year is coming up along with visiting home. It'll just keep getting better." I smiled, letting out a long breath as i feel how warm I am in Karina's arms.

 

"Can't wait." 

 

Now granted we both know that the last time we talked about parties it was because the next party we went too..some ual activity would go down. Which would of been fine with me and I'm sure with her, by right now it's different.

 

We have time for that. Neither of us are ever in a rush to get ual or anything like that. That's why i appreciate her apologizing about all of the party talk even more. Our relationship isn't about . It's not about parties. It's totally not about keeping your word that you'll ‘punish’ your girlfriend at your next college party, no of course not.

 

Karina likes parties. I don't, but if she's willing to slow down on attending those and focusing more on her work and me if that makes sense, I think that would be a great idea. I just hope she's not lying about not going, or that she doesn't mind not going. I want her to live and enjoy her life too. I don't want her to miss out on something she likes to do for me. That's not what i'm intending.

 

I trust her. I love her. She'd never hurt me on purpose ever and i know that. We are soulmates, inseparable.

 

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." I heard her say suddenly as she interrupts my thoughts. I feel a smile growing on my face. "I never imagined myself being so happy with someone. Since day one with Soobin, I've never felt the way i feel about you..with him. You changed my whole life Winter and I'm here to make you the happiest girl in the world. No matter what it takes. No matter what I have to do, just tell me." her soft voice and her choice of words caused my heart to explode in my chest. I feel the tingling sensation as I'm probably leaving a burn mark on her skin where my cheek is resting.

 

I peal my face away from her shoulder, meeting her eyes. "Just be you." I whispered before biting her bottom lip with my teeth gently. She closes her eyes and molds her lips into mine in a smooth motion. Just the small touch of our lips makes the room feel a lot warmer. "Everything about you makes me the happiest girl in the world. Don't try too hard, or even at all. Just you is what i want." I added.

 

She smiles in front of me, her eyes filled with light tears. She wraps her arms around me tighter, never letting me go if that was possible. 

 

A small click of the door is heard as i watch Karina roll her eyes before dropping her head on the pillow. I strain my neck to see Yeji walking in. She gives me a small smile before setting down her keys and starbucks drink.

 

"Hey Yeji." I greeted nicely, ignoring the fact that I'm irritated she's here. I have no right to be though, this is her room too.

 

"Hi Winter," she responded quietly. "hi Karina." shes says next, to which Karina says nothing back. I looked at her and see her closing her eyes. She's definitely ignoring her.

 

"Sorry, she's asleep." I said more quieter. Yeji just nods before sitting on her bed with her laptop on her lap.

 

I see Karina opening one eye to look at me. I hold in a giggle as a evil smiles rolls on her lips. I kiss her check and jaw a few times before snuggling up against her. I feel her finger draw small circles on my side, giving me goosebumps. I squirm, feeling ticklish. I almost let out a small uncontrollable noise.

 

"Shhh.." Karina whispers as she moves her hand away from that spot that's very ticklish on me. I nodded, digging my head into her neck. I kiss her skin all around, moving down to her collarbone. Oh..Yeji is in the room. I almost forgot.

 

I stopped kissing her neck and just relaxed again, feeling like drifting away. Karina is already being really quiet as her breathing is calm and steady.

 

I close my eyes, letting my mind run free and my body let itself unfold. I feel like jelly, being held in my girlfriend's arms like thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter