Six

The Love Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WINTER'S POV

 

"Winter listen to me please." Ningning pleaded over the phone as we facetime.

 

"I'm listening." I sniffed, wiping my nose with a tissue.

 

I'm sitting in my room alone at the moment, it being around 6 o'clock in the evening. During classes today, Karina and I really didn't even say two words to each other. It hurt deep down but at the same time I didn't really want to talk to her, so clearly she didn't want to talk to me either.

 

I still couldn't understand her thinking and i feel like in a way she understood that. She didn't know what to say to me. She looked a bit upset during our 2 classes together which is why I'm glad my 3rd class was alone. I couldn't see that look on her face anymore.

 

"Arguments are normal-"

 

"I understand that," I cut her off, throwing my tissue to the side. my face wet and red from tears. I have my phone against a pillow in front of me as my best friend gives me a sad look. "but I can't stop her from going to parties and she has no one to go with."

 

"Win, you work your off on all of your assignments. Don't you think you could use a party every once and a while?" Ningning asked, tilting her head over the phone.

 

"The last time I went to a party, I felt heart broken. I don't understand how it's fun to get so drunk you can't even find your way back to your room." I shake my head, hearing Ningning chuckle.

 

"Fine..don't worry about the parties then right now. Talk to Karina and make up. You don't have to apologize to make up but just talk to her, ask her about Ryujin." she told me gently. I nodded, wiping my face with my hands.

 

"Tonight?" I asked, needing to know if it's too fast or not. I'm not good at this usually.

 

"Yeah, invite her to your room." she said. I sighed, looking around.

 

"What if Yeji comes back soon?" I asked her. She shrugs, grinning at me. "I'm sure she's got a friend. She'll give you come privacy." Ningning snickers and I nod, rolling my eyes.

 

"I hope." I groaned, hearing a door open from over the phone. Ningning looks over and her face turns pink. I finally see Renjun turn up behind her, he waved.

 

"Hey Winter," he smiled, giving his girlfriend a kiss on the lips.

 

"Hey, how's school and baseball?" 

 

"It's going good, thanks. You?" he kissed the side of Ning's head, making her giggle.

 

"School's good I guess. Glad everything is going good there." I say back. I shut my mouth once I see Renjun grab Ningning's waist and pick her up from her bed. I heard her squeal and laugh. Well okay then.

 

"Tell me how it goes with Karina." Ningning's head pops back into the frame. "Don't worry about Ryujin, don't worry about Yeji. Sort of embarrassed if you ask me but you and Karina are inseparable." she blows a kiss and grabs her phone, smiling at me.

 

"I will. Bye, love you." I said to her. I heard another kissing sound before the call ends. I shake my head and scoff, throwing my phone on bed. "Sure yeah, don't let me interrupt." I said to myself before getting off my bed and stretching.

 

I almost jump at the door opening, seeing Yeji walk in. I give her a small smile, feeling embarrassment rush over me. I feel bad asking her to leave her own room for my sake.

 

"Hey Winter. How's everything?" she asked, setting she starbucks drink down and throwing her bag on her bed.

 

"Still the same. I actually wanted to talk to Karina...like now." I responded, fiddling with my fingers. She nods, taking out her laptop and taking a seat on her bed.

 

"Sounds good to me. Where?" she furrowed her eyebrows at me.

 

"Um..actually I uh, I was maybe going to invite her here." I said, her eyes widened in shock for a moment before she starts typing on her laptop.

 

"Oh cool, !" she exclaimed excitedly. My jaw drops as my face turns flushed. I froze and caught my bottom lip between my teeth.

 

"What?" 

 

"I'm kidding, Winter. Jeez, I'm not that crazy." she laughs before closing her laptop. She stood up off her bed and grabbed her starbucks drink.

 

"I'll go downstairs for a bit and do my work. I'll come back up later." she smiled at me. I let out a sigh of relief and smile back.

 

"Thank you." I uttered, her hand comes up to squeeze my cheek gently before walking around me and out the door. I furrowed my eyebrows to myself before reaching for my phone.

 

I texted Karina, asking her to come to my room. I stayed on the messages, anxious for what she will say. She sent back a quick 'ok'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter