Two

The Love Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WINTER'S POV

 

Karina and I sat in the backseat of her mom's car, our hands intertwined. My mom is behind us, driving my car. Karina and I agreed we would share my car if we get to go anywhere outside of the campus. As we pull into the campus, we stared out the window, looking around.

 

We see kids walking around with books in their hands, backpacks in their shoulders, starbucks drinks in their hands. I noticed the big buildings where the dorms are located as well as the buildings where the classes take place.

 

Karina's mom stops the car and I realize it's our time to start our new life. I let go to my girlfriend's hand and we got out of the car, going back where the trunk is. My mom went to go park my car in the students parking lot.

 

"Are you girls nervous?" Tiffany asked as she opened the trunk. I now feel the sweating of my palms and my leg bouncing up and down.

 

"A little." I admitted, looking around more. All these kids look so natural walking around, no one sticks out. I hope Karina and I don't stick out. Well, she definitely won't.

 

"You're going to have a blast." Tiffany takes out the last two bags for us out of the trunk. "Just remember..study hard and no drugs, but have fun." she smiled, giving her daughter a hug. I laughed at her words, giving her a hug next.

 

My mom made her way over to us, giving us both a hug as well. "Call me tomorrow before classes starts, okay?" she squeezed my cheek. I nodded, feeling Karina grabbing my hand.

 

We waved one last time to our parents before walking away, our bags over our shoulders. Our hands stay intertwined as we walked up some stairs to go into the binding of our dorm. We already got our room keys, and we noticed that our rooms are on the same floor only a few rooms down. I'm grateful for that.

 

The lobby of this building has a pool table as well as some couches with a big tv. There are some vending machines and water fountains.

 

As we take the elevator upstairs, I can't help but notice some people eyeing us. Not in bad way, but also not in a good way. Sort of surprised, maybe because no one expected a girl like Karina to be holding hands with someone like me.

 

The elevator doors open and we walk down the hallway. We notice some vending machines, which is a win win. Karina's room came up first on the right and I looked down the hall to see my room six rooms down on the right as well.

 

"To start off, how about we check our rooms and unpack. Meet downstairs in the lobby in a half hour?" I asked, hoping she's okay with that plan. She laughs, giving me a peck on the lips before nodding.

 

"You got it babe." she turns around and turns her key in the keyhole, twisting the door knob and opening the door. "I love you." she glanced back at me.

 

"I love you more." I made my way down the hallway, stopping at my room. I take a deep breathe and use my key to open the door. I step inside, noticing no one is in here. I close the door behind me, walking over to one of the beds.

 

The room is a good size. Two beds, a big closet, mini fridge, tv, a small couch for two people, and a few little tables. I see my roommate hasn't been here yet. She has moved some of her stuff in but not enough to show me she's came today to move in totally yet.

 

I take the bed near the window, hoping my roommate is nice enough to not care what bed they get. They are both the same, just in different positions and places of the room.

 

I unpacked the small bag I brought with me, putting some things away. After a few minutes of putting some things where they need to go and making sure my new bed is made and tidy, I pulled out my phone. I went to Ningning's contact and clicked face time.

 

I held the phone up and waited for her to answer, my leg still shaking as I'm still a bit anxious. Ning answers, her face coming up on the screen. "Hey Ningie!"

 

I waved and smiled at her, sitting on the edge of my bed facing the wall. I noticed she's outside.

 

"Hey kiddo! Are you all unpacked?" she asks me. I nod my head, flipping the camera and showing her around the room.

 

"My bed, the tv, the closet. Yeah, that's about it." I said, flipping the camera back to my face.

 

"Awesome room, have you seen your roommate yet?" she asked, sounding intrigued. I shook my head, pouting a bit.

 

"Not yet, surprisingly. How's AE?" I asked, watching her head turn to the side looking at someone. Then I heard some manly voices.

 

"It's beautiful. Renjun is just being an with his already best bud." she rolled her eyes, looking back at me. I laugh, watching as she puts the camera on her boyfriend.

 

"Hey Winter! How's everything?" he waved after throwing a piece of food at his friend. I waved back.

 

"Everything's good Ren. How's baseball?" I asked him nicely. I really like Renjun. He keeps my best friend happy and that's all I need to know to like him. He's a good guy.

 

"Practice has been pretty good, thanks. Mind telling your friend not to get jealous that I don't text her for two hours a day?" he chuckled, looking away from the camera to, I'm guessing, to look at Ningning. I heard her scoff.

 

"Shut up, I'm not jealous. But it better only ever be because you have practice!" she shouts and moves the camera away from Renjun after he yelled a quick 'bye' to me.

 

I said bye back to him, giving Ningning a look like 'you're crazy'. She knew it right away because I could tell she was about to explode. She hit the phone with her hand, indicating that she was trying to hit me. I did the same back at her, letting out a loud laugh.

 

"How's Karina?" she asked, taking a bite of an apple.

 

"She's good, we are meeting back downstairs in a few." I told her, nodding. She smiles and then I hear Renjun's voice in the background again. She looks over at her boyfriend again.

 

"The next time you say my name, you won't be able to say anything anymore. I'll zipper your mouth shut." she threatened, leaving someone I don't know laugh over the phone. Renjun's new friend?

 

"I'm bragging about you babygirl. Talk to your friend, would you?" I heard him say. I laugh once again, watching Ningning stick her tongue out at him.

 

"It's best friend, get it right." she put her arm up and I can't see what she's doing, but I assume she's flipping him off. She looks back at me. "Well Win, I've got to go. Renjun and I have a netflix and chill date later." she winked at me. "text me later." she waved, blowing me a kiss.

 

"Okay, have a blast." I blew her a kiss back, hanging up. I threw my phone to the side, suddenly hearing a small squeak from behind me.

 

I turned my body around, doing a 180. I see a tall girl walk in, a purse and bag over her shoulders. I stand up and her eyes catch me.

 

"Oh my gosh, hi!" she set down her purse and bag, walking over with open arms. She gives me a small greeting hug, smiling widely. "You're my roommate... Winter right?" she asked.

 

"That's me." I smiled back. She's about at the same height as Karina, wearing a t-shirt and jeans. Her hair is long, straight and dyed orange which definitely suits her and she has cat-like eyes.

 

"Ah yes, I wonder why its cold." she chuckled at her joke. I didn't say anything for a moment. Realizing what she just said. I held in my laugh.

 

"What's your name?" I asked, trying to not look like a creep who's staring at her instead of talking and being welcoming.

 

"I'm Yeji." she answered sweetly, putting out her hand for me to shake. I did, nodding my head. Aw, she's sweet.

 

"Nice name." I told her, watching her blush lightly. She goes back over to her bags and put them on the other bed, ping them. "I hope you don't mind that I already took this bed." I say, watching her shake her head vigorously.

 

"Of course not. I'm just glad I got a nice roommate this year." she giggled, pulling some perfume out of her bag. I looked at her confused.

 

"What?" I asked curiously. She shrugs, scoffing to herself.

 

"I'm a sophomore this year. My roommate last year was a freshman like you but she was wicked mean." she says, looking up at me. "You seem very sweet, that's a rel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter