Five

The Love Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WINTER'S POV

 

“What other way..?" I gulped, watching her slowly move away from my ear and look into my eyes.

 

"What other way would there be?" I watched her hand as it lands on my thigh and my eyes widened. She smiles at me. "I mean, only if you want." her hand creeps up slowly, almost at my lower region that is off limits to everyone but Karina.

 

"Yeji you don't understand-"

 

"What don't I understand?" she pouts, her hand now gripping on my thigh. “we're both here right now and I like you, Winter." she stated, leaning in slowly as my heart starts pounding.

 

When her lips were about to touch mine, my cowardly self finally speaks up. "Girlfriend." I breathe out, making her stop and freeze. she opens her eyes that were once closed and backs away just a little so her eyes can focus on me.

 

"What?" she asked, her face becoming red as a tomato. I look down and reach for her hand, taking it off and away from my thighs.

 

"I have a girlfriend." I said fully, watching her eyes widened in horror.

 

"Oh my gosh." she stands up. she covers with her hand. "oh m-my gosh, i am so sorry." she apologizes, shaking her head at me.

 

"I should have told you before." I said as she moves her hand to her forehead and sits on her bed, staring off into space.

 

"That's who you've been with while you're here, huh?" she asked, looking over at me again. I just nod, glancing away from her. she groans, hitting herself lightly on her head repeatedly. "I apologize, I didn't know. I just..you're very pretty and sweet and..let me shut up." she coughs, making me laugh a little.

 

"Well thank you. It's okay, you didn't know. Her name is Karina, she's down in the hall with a girl named Ryujin." I told her. she lets out a 'hah' and leans back against the wall.

 

"That witch. Yikes, I feel sorry for her."

 

"I know, me too. That girl is definitely something." I responded. she just looks at me, not responding with anything. The room is silent for a moment, i think of Karina at that party. I hope she's okay.

 

"I'm also sorry if i sounded like i would only do your essays if we, ya know.. I'm not like that. I like you." she says, shaking her head again. "I hope this doesn't make anything awkward, I would never get in the way of you and your girlfriend." she put her hands up a little.

 

"Stop apologizing." I say to her. she sighs and nods, looking forward towards the closet. I didn't know Yeji was..well, not straight. She never talked about boys but then again we never really talked like that.

 

"Where is Karina now? Her room?" Yeji asked, gaining my attention again.

 

"No, at some party with her roommate." I shrugged, picking up my phone. I see a text from Ningning that said she was going to sleep so I sent her a quick text back saying goodnight. Nothing from Karina.

 

"Party? Oh, the one a few floors up?"

 

"I guess so." I replied. she hums.

 

"Why didn't you go?" 

 

"Parties are not my thing and I had a lot to do tonight so." I answered. she nods, understanding.

 

"Parties are only my thing if I'm in the mood." she says, smirking at me a little. "if you know what i mean." she fiddles with her fingers on her lap. I raised an eyebrow, looking her up and down.

 

"Why didn't you go tonight? You seemed pretty in the mood to me." I told her, watching her face get red. she turns her face away from and forces out a laugh.

 

"Please go back to the shy Winter that walked into this room the other day. You're embarrassing me." she says, looking towards the wall. I laugh myself, shrugging my shoulders to myself.

 

"What can I say? A few days of college and I'm a changed woman."

 

She turned to me and scoffs, rolling her eyes. We sat in silence for a little while. I lay on my stomach, twirling my thumbs as I lean on my elbows. Yeji almost kissed me, she likes me, my roommate. The roommate that I'll have for at least this whole year. This might be an awkward issue.

 

About ten minutes later, Yeji and I both turned our attention to a knock at the door. I look over at her and she gives me a warm smiles before standing up. She walks over to the door and i watch to see who's there. the first thing that catches my eyes is that beautiful face of hers.

 

Yeji backs away and i quickly get off the bed, going to the door. I held my hand out, taking Karina's hand as it trembles in mine. she almost falls into me as she gives me a smile. I can smell her breath that reeks of alcohol.

 

"Karina, how much did you drink?" I pulled her into the room and drop her on my bed. she lays back and shrugs, snuggling into my blankets. I stand next to the bed, leaning over and putting my hand on her face. "Baby look at me." I said firmly. she locks eyes with me but then the blinks hers slowly, hiccuping.

 

"I-I um..uh, s- I thought this was my room. Winter?" she uttered weakly. I sigh, sitting next to her on my bed and running my fingers through her hair.

 

"Where is Ryujin?" I asked her. she groans and gives me a cute smile.

 

"I don't know. S-she doesn't care about me." she sits up slowly and shakily, coming closer and climbing onto my lap to the best of her ability. "S-sorry I drank so much." she pouts and leans her head on my shoulder.

 

I looked up at Yeji, seeing her lips pursed together as she stares at me. I sigh, grabbing Karina's face in my hands and looking into her eyes.

 

"Come on Karina, you're alone there. You shouldn't get drunk like this." I told her softly, but also serious. I don't want her there alone, drinking like crazy.

 

"Ryujin handed..." she yawns. "me a few drinks trying to be nice I think. I-I don't know b-but I'm sorry my love. I won't do it again." she says rubbing my neck with her hand gently.

 

"Ryujin gave you drinks?" I asked her. she nods, leaning into to kiss my lips. she wraps her arms around my neck as she started pressing her lips harder on mine, her tongue ready to collide with mine but I quickly pulled away. "Let's get you back to your room." I smiled at her, standing up with her in my arms. she wraps her legs around my waist as I watch Yeji opening the door for me.

 

Karina is not heavy, but I'm not strong so I better get there quick. If i drop her she won't even know but i'd rather not.

 

"Thank you, be right back." I thanked Yeji and gave her a sweet smile. she nods, and i make my way to Karina's room as quickly as possible. I can basically hear her light snores on my shoulder.

 

I kicked her dorm room with my foot, hopeful that Ryujin will answer. I heard the door click and her roommate stands there, looking just a little buzzed, barely at all. she moves for me and i quickly go and carefully drop Karina off on her bed. she stirs and opens her eyes to look at me.

 

"Stay..." she grabs my hand and pulls me towards her. I shake my head, seeing she has jeans on. she can't sleep in jeans, ouch.

 

"Hold on," I said and watch her nod. i walk over to the closet of their room and pick out a pair of cozy sweatpants. i went back over to Karina.

 

"Sure..make yourself at home." I heard a voice say sarcastically. I looked over and see Ryujin leaning against her dresser, looking at us with water bottle in her hand.

 

"You're the one who brought her there and then gave her drinks to make her like this." I snapped, pulling the blankets down Karina's bed and ing her jeans. normally i'd probably be jealous that Ryujin was in the room while i undressed my girlfriend but i couldn't care less right now.

 

"she told me that you wouldn't go with her so i thought why not let her have fun." Ryujin shrugs as I glare at her. I payed my attention back to my girlfriend, slipping off her jeans and pulling up the sweatpants to her waist. she cooperates with me and I smile at her.

 

"she can grab a drink on her own." I rolled my eyes, seeing Karina is almost passed out again. I pulled the covers over her and kiss her head, whispering 'I love you' before seeing Ryujin walking over to me.

 

"You're blaming me?" she tosses the water bottle on her bed and crosses her arms, giving me a mean glare.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter