Fourteen

The Love Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WINTER'S POV

 

the next morning when i woke up for classes, yeji was already gone. she either had an early class or she left before i woke up since i blew up on her last night. either way, i'm glad she's gone.

 

when i came back to my room last night, she was fast asleep. it was not even that late. i guess she didn't wanna fight again which was a good thing.

 

i got out of bed and grab my phone, texting karina. she texts me back, telling me she's up. i get dressed quickly, going to the bathroom and brushing my teeth. i go back into my room and put together my bag for my classes today.

 

i finally hear a knock at my door and i go to answer. i swing the door open, seeing karina standing on the other side of the door. i smiled, opening my arms to give her a lovely hug.

 

"good morning." i say as we pull away and lean in for a quick kiss.

 

"morning beautiful." she steps into the room and over to my bed. she looks around quickly, giving me a grin. "very lucky ms. yeji isn't here right now."

 

"yes. very lucky." i repeat her words as I grab my backpack from my bed and swing it over my shoulders. she grabs my hand, giving me a small smile.

 

"back at it." she says. "felt like forever." she groans lightly, making me chuckle.

 

we walk out of my room hand in hand, going for the elevator. we step in it, pressing the lobby button. i glance over at her, seeing her looking down. she looks like she's in another world.

 

"hey?" i shake her hand gently, shaking her out of her trance. she blinks and looks at me, humming.

 

"yeah?" she responded.

 

“everything okay?" i ask, worry filling my body. she breaks eye contact with me, shrugging her shoulders. "you can talk to me." i assured her, knowing deep down that she knows that.

 

"I was wondering if you wanted to join ryujin and i tonight for a party?" she asks, causing the worry to multiply. i let out a deep breath, staring at her intensely.

 

"you and ryujin." i say softly.

 

"yeah she invited me and i thought why not because you said maybe you'd want to go to one with me." she says as the doors to the elevator open.

 

we both walk out and for some reason i feel the need to let go of her hand. she stops in the middle of the lobby as my hand slides out of hers.

 

"but you asked if i wanted to join ryujin and you." i stop as well and look back at her. she crosses her arms, giving me a stern look.

 

"you know what i meant." she frowns. i nod, still unsure about the whole party thing.

 

"i don't know if i want to." i say honestly. "today is going to be another day of receiving a ridiculous amount of work." i added. she comes closer to me, blinking a few times before speaking.

 

"don't lie now, winter—"

 

"i'm not." i say quickly. "i know i said last time that maybe i would but i-i really don't want. maybe you shouldn't either." i shrug, seeing her squint her eyes.

 

"you said you wouldn't mind if i went as long as i'll be careful. why won't you take a break off and come with me?" she looks at me confused. i shake my head, crossing my arms.

 

"you said you'd stop bugging me about this stupid party . we just had a break, going home for a day and being with our family." i told her, seeing her huff and walk ahead of me.

 

"fine. i won't." she says with a hint of attitude, waiting for me to walk with her. i uncross my arms and grab the straps of my bag, walking along with her.

 

we walk to our first class in silence, sitting next to each other when we arrive to the room but still not saying a word to each other. who would have thought we'd have such an issue when it came to the parties. i don't like them and even though i want to make her happy, i don't think it's a good idea, not even for her to go but she won't listen to me.

 

we barely talked for the whole day after having first class together. we texted a few times while we went to our other classes but only a few word text messages. i don't like going through this every time but she won't give it up.

 

[after classes]

 

i asked karina if she wanted to meet up at the cafe to get a starbucks drink but she turned me down. she said she wanted to get back to her room and start on her big assignments. i told her i was going to do the same.

 

i walk back to my dorm room quickly, throwing my bag down and slamming the door behind me. i crash down on my bed, shoving my face into a pillow. I have a lot of work to do as well but all i want to do is lay down forever and do nothing.

 

i end up getting changed into some comfy pajama clothes considering i will be doing nothing else for the night. i would ask karina to come so we can work together but yeji is the problem.

 

after working on my computer for a few minutes, my eyes snap up to a clicking sound from the door. i watch as yeji steps in, throwing her key on the dresser and shutting the door behind her. she has a tray with two starbucks drinks in it and she sets them down on the dresser as well. i look away, back at my computer.

 

"hey winter." i waited a moment before looking back up, seeing her holding a drink in front of me. a starbucks drink that i always get at that cafe. she looks nervous, but she keeps the drink in her hands as she speaks. "i'm sorry about last night. i was being selfish and ignorant to you when all you have ever been to me was nice."

 

her arm extends to hand me the drink in her hand. i grab it from her, a small smile forming on my lips. "yeji you didn't have to get me anything—"

 

"no but i did because i felt too protective of you for some reason when i had no place to say anything about your relationship. i'm really sorry." she repeats, giving me a hopeful look. she's never done anything for me to hate her and i guess in a way she was just looking out for me.

 

"it's okay." i set the drink down on our side table and move my laptop from my lap. i stand up beside my bed next to where she's standing. i reach my arms out to wrap around her neck, smiling lightly, she wraps her arms around my waist, pulling me closer to her. 

 

"you're really a great friend." she rubs my back softly.

 

"you are too." i told her honestly. we pull away from the hug and look into each other's eyes. "thank you for the drink. you know what i get?"

 

"i've seen it so i know what it is. starbucks is my addiction." she chuckles as she walks away towards her side of the room. i giggle, sitting back down on my bed. i grab the drink and bring it to my lips, taking a small sip. i grab my laptop, seeing that i've only got two lines done of this essay. i groan, looking up at my roommate.

 

"yeji?" i called. she turns around from the closet to catch eyes with me. "would you mind helping me with this essay? i don't even know a lot about what i'm supposed to be writing." i said honestly.

 

she walks over to me and i make room on my bed. she sits beside me, nodding her head. i hand her my laptop and reads what i have. i start to explain to her what i'm supposed to do and she looks from me to my computer a few times. we drink our starbucks drinks and work hard.

 

after we got a few paragraphs done..and by we i mean her..i decided to take a break. "thank you so much. you're a big help." i close my laptop, picking up my phone.

 

"no problem. like i said i'm willing to help any time. i get my essays done pretty quickly." she takes a seat on her bed and looks at her phone as well.

 

i sent karina a text telling her that yeji apologized and that i forgave her. i also told her that she gave me a starbucks drink along with 'so how could i refuse?'

 

i chuckled sending the message, seeing her read it right away. i stay on our messages, watching the three dots reappear a few times after she keeps stopping. after a minute she replies with 'that's good'

 

that's it?

 

first off i expected her to be say something along the lines of "she's still a " or something at least more than that. i guess i can't expect anything over text. it's hard to tell how people are feeling from a text. she may be happy that she apologized. i don't know.

 

i asked if she wants to meet up at the lobby soon to play pool. i sip at my almost empty drink as she types back. she finally sen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter