Ten

The Love Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KARINA'S POV

 

I opened my car door, feeling arms wrap around my waist from behind. "Oh my- what baby?" I put my arms up and see her smaller body wrapped around me.

 

"Where are you going?" I heard her ask. I turn around, not taking her arms away but making sure I can see her face. She's pouting.

 

"I can't tell you." I said with a smile, trying not to act like I'm cheating or anything. I know this might seem suspicious to her but it'll all be worth it when our one year arrives in a week.

 

"Why?" she whined, shoving her head into my chest. I run my fingers through her hair, lifting her head to look back up at me.

 

"I need to get something." I answered. "go to class, I'll text you when i get back." i give her a quick yet passionate kiss on the lips. I then pull away and see her cute face is all pink. "I love you."

 

"I love you." she says back. I can see deep down she looks unsure on why I'm going somewhere without telling her. I don't blame her but she has to trust me.

 

She let go of me and i get into the driver seat of the car. I shut the door and give Winter a wave. She waved back, walking away from the car towards the large buildings on campus.

 

It takes me about twenty minute to arrive at the jewelry place. I get out of my car and walk inside, immediately seeing a young man behind the glass counter. I walk up to him.

 

"Good morning ma'am," he greets me. "what are you looking for today?" he leans on the counter, giving me a smile.

 

"I'm looking for a promise ring." I responded, my eyes scanning the jewelry inside the case. He nods, reaching behind him to grab a binder.

 

"We have lots of options, these right here are the lowest pricing with pictures and it goes all the way up to our most expensive." he points at the book as he talks. I nod occasionally, looking at the pictures of different rings.

 

I see that i could never afford the most expensive one which is about $2,000. I kept looking, finally noticing one that looks beautiful for around $400. I point at it.

 

"May I see this one?" I ask him. he takes a look and smiles, nodding.

 

"Unique, I like it. Be right back." he says as he walks into a back room. I keep looking at the binder, happy with my choice i told him to bring out for me to look at.

 

Now a picture is nothing compared to how the ring actually looks i'm sure but it looks perfect. Not too big but not small either, it's got a few crystals in the middle with a red heart in the center.

 

He walks back out, holding the partially ring in the palm of his hand. He extends his arm to me, giving me a good look at it. I pick it up, examining the beautiful piece of jewelry that i think would be perfect for Winter.

 

"I'll take this."

 

"What size?" he asks.

 

Luckily, I know this so I told him the size. "One moment," he says as he goes over to a register and then a place to put a ring in a small box to protect it. he places the box on the counter in front of me. "that'll be four hundred and twenty dollars."

 

I give him my card as I watch him go back over to the register. I took this time to open the box and look at the ring again. It's absolutely perfect, she's going to love this.

 

After paying and thanking the man, I hold onto the box securely as i go back to my car. I put it onto the seat of the passenger seat that also holds my jacket.

 

I decided to stop at mcdonald's to get Winter and I some food. it brings back old memories from when we would eat mcdonald's in high school with Ningning and all. I ordered myself what i want and Winter's order since i just know what she likes from here.

 

The whole way back to the college, I could not take the smile off of my face. I can't wait to see the look on Winter's face when she sees that ring. She deserves it.

 

Once I parked the car, I keep the small box in the pocket of my jacket. I walk back into the building of my dorm and see Ryujin walking towards the elevator. I called out and catch up with her, watching her pause and waits for me. We take the elevator upstairs, as I got ready to go into Winter's room because she should be back by now.

 

Once the elevator opens, I take a step forward as my eyes lock on the girl sitting with her legs to her chest in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter