Seven

The Love Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KARINA'S POV

 

My heart drops as i hear the small squeak of a door opening. Winter and i both snap our necks to look at the door, seeing Yeji walk in. She immediately drops her key and gasps. She cover her eyes with her hands and shuts the door back closed, leaving her outside in the hallway.

 

Winter looks back at me in shock, her jaw low. She quickly gets off of me as I sat up quickly. She slips on her shirt and picks up my clothes, throwing them at me. I put my bra on as fast as i can as i put my shirt on over my head. I slip my legging up my legs and run my fingers through my hair.

 

Winter stares at me, waiting for me to finish before she picks up Yeji's key. She tosses it on the table near the tv before brushing herself off. She hesitates to open the door but when she did we are met with Yeji's back turned to the door. She turns around, looking from Winter to me.

 

"Hey," she says, her eyes still wider than they should be. She still has her laptop in her hand. I notice Winter looking frozen, not being able to move or say anything. I hit her in the back of the head gently and she blinks.

 

"We're so sorry Yeji." Winter's face turns pink from embarrassment as she says that. I hold in my laugh, covering my mouth with my hands.

 

"I should have stayed downstairs longer anyway. Sorry for not knocking." she holds her laptop tight to her chest, talking like she's frightened.

 

Winter turns back to me, giving me a sad but also irritated look. I grab her waist and move her away so Yeji can walk in. She does and Winter just stares at me.

 

"You didn't know." I chuckled at Yeji. "We should have expected that, to be honest." I grab onto Winter's hand. "I'll be going back to my room now." I gave Yeji a small wave.

 

She waves back a little at me. I drag Winter outside of the room and down the hall to my room. When we got to my room, we stop and look at each other.

 

I let out a genuine laugh i was holding in. Winter shakes her head and smacks herself in the forehead. "It's not funny!" she whines, her face turning bright red again.

 

"It's a little funny." I admit, watching her pout.

 

"Well shes not your roommate." she groans before rolling her eyes. I giggled, stepping closer.

 

"Well since what was about to happen didn't happen, will you consider going to a party next time?" I winked at her, watching her look down embarrassed. She slowly nods, looking back up.

 

"Maybe." she gives in. i know she's only saying that because of what i said we would do, and I'm okay with that. Better than dancing in my opinion.

 

"Maybe," I say, kissing her lips passionately. She wraps her arms around my waist quickly. "and as for that punishment, it's postponed." I added, she squeezes her lips together and nods, smirking at me this time.

 

"Fine with me." she agrees, now smiling at me. I give her a hug this time, never wanting to let go. i feel like my face is flushed just from that whole thing that just happened. Of course it had to end too soon.

 

"I love you," I uttered. "see you tomorrow for early class." I reached and grab the key for my room. She nods as i slip the key in my door.

 

"I love you, gorgeous." she responded as she walks down the hallway. I waved and smiled at her as she keeps her eyes on me the whole way down.

 

I finally open my door, separating me from my lovely girlfriend. I closed the door behind me and see Ryujin on her bed, reading a book. She lowers the book and looks at me.

 

"You read?" I snicker, walking over to the closet. i take out a pair of clean pajamas and put them on my bed.

 

"In fact I do, surprising?" she asked before closing the book and putting it to the side. I stop and look back at her.

 

"Yes, actually." I replied. She rolls her eyes but then, she stands up off her bed and squints her eyes at me.

 

"I see you had a fun time." she says, causing my eyebrows to knit together in confusion.

 

"Huh?" She points at me what looks like my face, but a little lower. "Oh," I quickly rub my neck, hoping it would vanish.

 

"Yeah, oh." she chuckled before crossing her arms. "where?"

 

"Winter's room." I answered embarrassed. She tilts her head, her eyes still looking at my neck.

 

"Did Yeji join or something?" She asks, taking a seat on the edge of her bed. My eyes widen and I shake my head frantically.

 

"No no, she wasn't there." I said quickly, watching Ryujin nod. Why would she think Winter's roommate would join in our..time together.

 

"What did you two do?" she almost mumbles, leaving it hard to hear her.

 

"Um, that's not your business." I said trying not to sound mean. Sure we didn't get to do anything but i don't want Ryujin knowing anything anyway.

 

"Fair enough.." she shrugs before picking back up her book and flipping to a page. I just shake off her words and grab my toothbrush. I walk out, walking dow to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

 

After I'm done, i went back to the room. I change into my pajamas and sit on my bed. I take out my computer, going to work on some assignments that i haven't finished. it was all peaceful before i heard a cold voice speak up.

 

"You really love her?" I snapped my neck over to my roommate, seeing her looking at me. I furrow my eyebrows and lean my head against my pillow.

 

"Yes." I answered, looking for a reaction from her but i don't get one. She kept her normal, emotionless face.

 

"What's that like?" she asked in a soft tone. My mouth falls open a little, shocked at her question.

 

"Um..why do you ask?" my body still shaken up from shock. Of all people, I never imagined Ryujin asking me a question about love.

 

"Why can't you just answer?" she rolls her eyes at me. I almost chuckle, seeing how she turned right back into the girl I met from the beginning. She can't stay sappy for more than two minutes.

 

"It's great. It's like you have someone by your side who you share happiness with." a smile forms on my face, thinking of Winter. From day one I've always wanted to share happiness with her. She gave me that feeling and now we share it.

 

"And if you don't have happiness?" I look and see Ryujin biting the inside of her cheek. I sigh and sit up, closing my laptop.

 

"Well I didn't expect that." I say, turning my body to the side to look at her.

 

"Isn't it obvious?" she asked. I watch closely as she sits up completely and turns towards me, copying my actions.

 

"I just thought that's how you were." I laughed quietly, watching a small grin form on he face. She shakes her head.

 

"I don't know." she says looking down and twirling her finger around ankle.

 

"I was in a toxic relationship before Winter. He was just horrible..so I wasn't happy but I found happiness when I met her." I told Ryujin, watching her head slowly lean up to come in full view. She sighs, nodding her head. I know she's listening carefully. "You'll find that person who gives you that tingling feeling every time you look at them and touch them. You'll feel happy and you'll feel safe. I don't know what you've been through, Ryujin. But I do know it must have put an imprint on your life. I can see that but I assure you that there's someone waiting right around the corner for you. Try not to be so cruel or else you might push them away." 

 

Her eyes widen as she lets out a heavy breath. She blinks slowly as i finally notice some emotion on her face.

 

Pain. Confusion.

 

Ryujin is certainly one of a kind. I've known her for not even a week and i can already see what kind of person she is. Something damaged her in her past and she's covering it with hatred for everything that travels past her. But i think i might slowly be warming up to her.

 

"Aren't you the only person who could give yourself happiness?" she asked me, resting her hand on her palm. I sigh, shaking my head.

 

"I don't entirely think that's true." I answered honestly, hearing her hum softly.

 

"You can't love someone else if you don't even love yourself." she speaks softly, our eyes glued to each other's.

 

"You don't love yourself?" I asked, bringing my knees to my chest. She sighs, keeping quiet for a moment. I stayed silent, waiting to see if she just needed time to continue.

 

"I don't know anymore." she almost whispers. I intertwine my hands, squeezing them against each other.

 

"You can talk to me, Ryujin. It's just the two of us in this room." I assured, twis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter