Fifteen

The Love Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YEJI'S POV

 

she folds her hands on her lap, pouting at me. i'm nervous but how can someone look so cute while pouting?

 

"i wanted to say i'm sorry as well. about last night." she says looking right into my eyes. my heart swells as my nerves disappear. i shake my head, clearing my throat.

 

"you have nothing to be sorry for. it was all me, i was totally being ridiculous and jealous..i guess." i admitted. she sighs, her lips quickly.

 

"no but..i said some things that i shouldn't have. you are my friend– what i mean is, i do consider you a friend. you're just looking out for me which i appreciate." she smiles a little, nodding her head. i can't help but feel bad about what i said about karina because now she's nervous about her. i don't think karina deserves her but i should keep my mouth shut.

 

"i was talking about your girlfriend.” i chuckled. "you had every right to blow up. i don't really know anything anyway."

 

she blinks slowly, looking down towards her lap for a moment. i keep my eyes on her, not knowing what she's going to say. or if she will say anything at all. i wait a moment, my eyes moving down her body and back up. she keeps seeing those pictures of karina in her head, i already know. yet i still have the sight of her in the shower in my head.

 

why do clothes exist? oh my– stop yeji.

 

she looks back up so we are face to face and i mentally cuss myself out. my face is red.

 

"she lied to me." her lip quivers slightly, her eyes narrow as she looks exhausted.

 

"i know–"

 

"about multiple things." she cuts me off, shaking her head lightly. i just need to shut up at this moment, let her talk. let out some steam. "she said she wouldn't drink a lot and would be careful. then even worse she went behind my back and went to the party, thinking i wouldn't find out."

 

"a lot of people were at that party, maybe they were encouraging her–"

 

i'm cut off again, "she shouldn't have gone in the first place. i told her it's not safe because she can't handle that . she gets drunk. shes the one who does it to herself, every time. with the help of encouragement i'm sure but.." she pauses for a second, making my heart sting listening to what she's saying. she loves this girl so much and this is how she gets repaid. "she's a liar."

 

how can i make her feel better?

 

"people are parties can possible peer pressure her, maybe talk and find out what really happened before you—"

 

"yeji thats bull and you know it." she cuts me off AGAIN, but i can't blame her. i'm not making things better in the end. "i know that it's her just wanting to have millions of drinks. you were just talking bad about her, why switch up now?" she says, causing my eyes to widen for a second.

 

"i-i'm sorry. she's your girlfriend, that's why." not knowing what to say, that comes out.

 

i start to panic when i see just the shiny layer of tears coat her eyes. i hate seeing her like this. she wipes her face quickly, leaning her forehead on my shoulder.

 

"don't apologize, i just don't know what to do right now." she mumbles against me. "i wish she would just listen to me when i'm trying to keep her safe. am i holding her back?"

 

she keeps her forehead pressed up against my shirt as she talks. why would she ask me that? i know she's upset but i don't know what is running through karina's head right now.

 

"i don't know, winter." i said to her honestly. "she just seems like she wants to have some fun but she's got to consider your feelings and be careful. and not lie to you. lying ruins lots of good things." i reach over and touch her face with my hand causing her to lift it up from my shoulder.

 

i turn to face her with my body, removing my hand away from her. that might have been too much to even touch her face but she didn't seem like she was going to look at me from just my voice.

 

she gives me a sad look before i watch her being her hand up to her face. she looks at her hand and i'm confused for a second but then i see her ring. the promise ring, she touches it, twisting it on her finger while we sit in silence.

 

"she's ruining us." she slides the ring off, staring at it. "us. our good thing." she whispers. tears slide down her face as i reach over and cup her hand with the ring in it before she does anything.

 

"hey hey i know it seems bad but please, don't do anything yet. talk to her. what have you learned about assuming things? remember last time?" i reminded, reaching for the ring. she just nods, staring at the ring still. i take her finger and slide the ring back on. she puts her hand into a fist, lowering her hand and looking away from it.

 

she catches me off guard as she leans toward me in a quick motion, wrapping her arms around my neck tightly and leaning her head on my shoulder. i sigh, wrapping my arms around her torso while also rubbing her back. she doesn't deserve this. i hope karina has a good explanation for this even though she lied a few times in the first place. loyalty and trust are important in a relationship and now winter doesn't trust her.

 

"thank you for helping me." i heard her whisper. i nod my head, relaxing in the hug and leaning my head against the side of hers.

 

"what are friends for?" i ask, not expecting her to answer. i'm not mad about the fact that she is just my friend. it would be horrible for me try and sabotage or do something whiles she's like this. i just want her to be happy. so happy. "it's late. let's get some sleep."

 

she untangles from me, nodding her head. she gets up and walks over to her bed. she lays right down, hiding herself under the covers. "goodnight." i barely heard her say.

 

"try your best to sleep." is all i say as i lay down, shutting off the lamp on our side table that has been on for a while.

 

 

 

KARINA'S POV

 

what the happened?

 

my eyes slowly open and the pounding in my head is immediately felt. i blink as i yawn, trying not to pass out again. i bring my hand up to my forehead, groaning lightly. are you kidding me?

 

"morning karina." i heard beside me as i slowly move my head to the side, seeing ryujin sitting in the edge of my bed. she's holding what looks like pill in one hand and a cup of water in the other.

 

"what.." i try to sit up quickly, confused. i look around, dazed.

 

"no no, relax. your head will hurt more." she puts a hand on my shoulder and makes sure i don't sit up. "take this pill please." 

 

i just nod, taking the pill and the water from her. i put the pill in my mouth and swallow it down with some water. i'm guessing something to get rid of this pounding headache. she takes the cup out of my hand and puts it on our side table.

 

“what happened?" i ask her, relaxing my head against my pillow and closing my eyes for a moment. i don't hear anything for a moment and i almost open my eyes, thinking she left.

 

"karina..." ryujin's voice is soft, shaky almost as if she's worried. worried for me.

 

"what?"

 

"try to remember anything from last night." she said and i opened my eyes quickly, finding those words as a bad sign of something.

 

i sit up this time and she lets me, keeping her eyes glued to me. i can see the bags under her eyes indicating she had a rough night. i think for a moment, only remembering going to the party and having a fun time.

 

"i know i drank some at the party." i said, my eyes struggling to stay open. ryujin nods, placing her hand now on my forearm in a comforting way?

 

"yes." she nods. "anything else?" she asks gently. i try to think, to get my brain working but everything is cut off. i don't remember anything.

 

"no." i whispered. ryujin leans over to grab her phone, her fingers clicking all different buttons. "i'm scared. what?" i ask eagerly. suddenly i do not feel tired anymore.

 

"don't freak out." she says seriously to me. my eyes widen a bit, already starting to freak out. usually when you tell someone not to freak out, it's because they are about to tell you something that will make you freak out.

 

"just show me. what?"

 

she blinks slowly and i notice she's definitely hung over as well. not as bad as me though.

 

she slowly turns her phone around, handing it to me. i take it in my hands and try my best to focus on the bright screen. a girl, me, dancing on a pool table. i'm out of it, so drunk. i took my shirt off and toss it, leaving me topless in front of the whole party while people cheer me on.

 

"no." i whisper, watching the video again. ryujin gives me a scared look as she swipes her finger across her phone to something else. a picture of me pas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter