Eleven

The Love Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*very mini time skip*

 

WINTER'S POV

 

"Our one year is tomorrow and Karina and I haven't talked in a few days." I said to Ningning over the phone, my head looking down at my lap as I sit on my bed. My legs are criss crossed and I'm swirling my pointer finger around the bed.

 

"Aren't you excited today see me tomorrow though?" she asks, sounding hurt. I'm roll my eyes playfully.

 

"I have to see you tomorrow and then again in a month for christmas? Yikes." I said laughing dryly. She sniff hers nose dramatically.

 

"I think I may go cry myself to sleep now." she forces herself to have a shaky, desperate voice. I shake my head, slapping myself in the forehead.

 

"Idiot."

 

"You love me." she remarks quickly. I hum, going quiet for a moment after that. Ningning stays on the phone while i just let my mind run free.

 

"I miss her." I whispered. Ningning groans over the phone, slapping something that sounded like fabric.

 

"Then ing go to her." she says in an obvious tone.

 

"but,"

 

"You know damn well she didn't cheat on you." her words make me squint my eyes and shrug to myself.

 

"I-I don't know," I say dropping my eyes. "remember high school? The whole thing with Soobin?"

 

"Oh shut up Winter. It's been a year of your relationship and Karina has treated you amazing, has she not?" she asked me. I open my mouth, ready to say something but she beats me to it. "Has she not?!" she raises her voice.

 

"Yes she has!" I raised my voice back, nodding my head. "I know she loves me but why wouldn't she tell me where she went?" I asked irritated, but i heard nothing in return.

 

"I will see you tomorrow. Everything will be okay, Win. I promise you." she says, making me confused.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Love you, bye bye." she says sweetly before hanging up. I take the phone away from my ear and huff, throwing it down on the bed. Confusion. Confusion. ing confusion.

 

I lay on my back, knowing i should be working on my college work but i can't get Karina out of my head. Deep down I really don't think she cheated but I can't help but think she also did and she's just really good at hiding. Ugh!

 

I close my eyes, avoiding all of my problems by letting sleep consume be deeply. I don't remember anything after having the thought of my, not sure if she still is, girlfriend.

 

[the next day]

 

"You can do it. Just act natural, talk to her if you want, whatever." Yeji shrugs as she sits up in her bed playing on her phone.

 

I'm all dressed and ready to go home for today and tomorrow. I've packed a small bag of clothes and such with a letter I wrote for Karina a while ago. I wrote a 2 front and back pages telling her all about my love for her. It's our one year today. Yet I still haven't really talked to her in days.

 

"Yeah." I replied shyly. I throw the backpack over my shoulder and grab my room key. "I should go now. See you in a few days." I gave Yeji a wave.

 

"Good luck." she says to me. "Happy one year, it'll all work out." she smiled as I make my way out of the room. I give her a small smile before closing the door to the room, leaving me alone in the hallway.

 

As I'm walking down the hallway, I heard a door opening. I freeze, watching Karina walk out of her room and shut the door behind her.

 

Our eyes locked as she turns her whole body towards me. I sighed, looking from her head to feet noticing how nice she looks. She always looks nice. I see her eyes do the same, looking at me up and down.

 

"Ready?" she asks, giving me a small grin. I nod my head, following her down to the elevator. This is the most awkward thing i've ever experienced.

 

We walked to the car, standing beside each other but not speaking any words. She unlocks her car as i get in the passenger seat and she gets in the drivers seat. She starts the car, leaning back and looking forward. I glance at her, seeing she put on a good amount of makeup today.

 

"Are we going to talk about it?" she asks quietly, not looking over at me.

 

"I don't know," I whispered. "are we?" I asked.

 

"I don't know." she sighs, putting the car into reverse and backing out of the parking space. Well, there goes that.

 

I looked out the window the whole ride home, leanin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter