Twelve

The Love Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KARINA'S POV

 

"Winter," I called softly as she cries uncontrollably in front of me. I grab her hand but she jerks it away, shaking her head. "look at me."

 

"I don't deserve that." she chokes. I tilt my head and sigh, knowing she feels bad but i don't want her to.

 

"Baby, look at me." I get even closer to her, still holding the ring in one hand. I put my other hand on her shoulder, close to her neck.

 

She sniffs her nose before slowly bringing her head up to look at me. "I accused you of cheating," she says harshly. "why do you want to give me that?"

 

"I'm not mad," I say quickly. "just relax for me, okay? You deserve this." i bring my hand up to her cheek, wiping some tears away. she takes a deep breath, shaking her head again.

 

"I don't," she scoffs. "why aren't you mad? I accused you of the worst when all you ever did was buy me something to show how much you love me." she stares into my eyes, looking so upset but then her eyes sparkle when she glanced at the ring.

 

"That's the point, to show how much I love you. I want you to know for certain that i will never be unfaithful to you." I said holding her face in my hand. She nods softly, letting me grab her hand now.

 

I slipped the ring onto her ring finger on her left hand. She looks at it, now forming a smile. I smiled too, glad that she likes it.

 

"I'm so sorry Karina," she says. "you're the best and I really don't deserve this. Or you-"

 

"Hey hey, be quiet." I cut her off. I held her chin up to look at me as our eyes lock. I hate seeing the gloss covering her eyes. "You do deserve it. Don't feel bad, don't feel sorry. I just love you, okay?"

 

"And I love you more." she wraps her arms around my neck, burying her head into my there. I held onto her wait tightly, making sure she knows I'll never let go.

 

I'm way too in love with her to be mad now that she thought I cheated. That would have gotten us nowhere because if i never gave her this promise ring, maybe we would have been over. Of course i was upset that she didn't believe me but that's another reason i'm glad i got her the ring. I want her to know she's mine and i'd never want anyone else.

 

"Thank you," she mumbles. "it's so beautiful. thank you thank you." she pulls away and immediately leans in to kiss me.

 

I hold onto her hips as i kiss her back passionately. She holds my face in her hands as i feel the coldness of the ring touching my skin. I smiled against her lips, my cheeks heating up to the max.

 

"Happy one year." we both pull away and i say to her. She smiles, saying the same thing back and leaning in to kiss my lips again,

 

A knock in the door startles both of us as we pull away. We stare at the door as it opens slowly. Ningning creeps in with her hand over her eyes, peaking only a little.

 

"Are you okay?" I asked. She looks at us and moves her hand. She let out a sigh of relief.

 

"Yup, just didn't want to see any s this time. Or worse." she scrunches her face. I look over at Winter and giggled. "woah!"

 

Ningning comes over to Winter and lifts her hand, looking at my ring finger. she examines the ring, her jaw dropped to the floor.

 

"Are you ting me?" she looks up at me. I chuckled, shaking my head.

 

"I'm definitely not doing that." I responded, making Ningning roll her eyes playfully. she touches the ring carefully but then Winter jerks her hand back.

 

"No touch. You're risky." she shields her finger away from the girl in front of her. 

 

Ningning scoffs. "Me? You're delusional." she crosses her arms. "Very pretty though. I'm glad you two made up." she smiles, looking at the both of us.

 

I feel Winter wrapping her arms around me from the side. She digs her face into the right side of my chest and squeezes me. I wrap my arm around her neck, pulling her close to me.

 

"Can you two please come downstairs now? Moms are going crazy talking about college and i can't handle it." she shakes her head, taking a dramatic sigh.

 

"Sure—"

 

"Just give us another minute please." Winter says immediately following. I stayed quiet, not minding that at all. Ningning squints, pointing at us.

 

"I don't know if you know this Win..but doesn't only take a minute so please, choose another time." she turns and opens the door to my bedroom. Winter slaps herself on the forehead.

 

"You're just jealous that Renjun isn't here." she sticks her tongue out, making Ningning gasp.

 

"Hey! I'm convinced he's ually attracted to baseball with how much that kid plays." she pouts at us, making me chuckle a little from behind the two at the door. "fine fine, only a minute."

 

"FYI I know lasts longer than a minute. If you didn't realize, I'm lesbian." Winter says before shutting the door in her bestfriend's face. I start hysterically cracking up, not being able to hold it in. Winter turns around and i see her face is bright pink, a small grin on her face.

 

"I know that !" Ningning yells on the other side of the door.

 

"Go away!" Winter shouts back and we finally hear footsteps walking away from the door and Winter lets out a heavy sigh. "Crazy kid."

 

She comes closer to me, puffing her bottom lip out. she brings her hand back in view to look at the ring, adjusting it on her finger.

 

"How much did this cost you?" she asks me, coming as close as she could to me. I give her an evil smile.

 

"Do not worry about that." I told her. "I want to spoil you along with show you how much i love you." I look back at the ring, seeing her eyes glued to it.

 

"It's too much." she says quietly. "I'm eternity grateful for you. You could have left me. You could have brought this back, gotten the money, and never talked to me again." she looks up at me with a small smile. "instead you give this to me and tell me you love me more than anything." I watch her eyes gloss over again.

 

"We've been together for a year. We have had our ups and downs. I understand that it was sketchy that i didn't tell you where i was that day. But I will never ever lie to you." I cup her face with my hand, trying to wipe her tears as much as I can. she her lips and nods her head slowly.

 

"I'll never accuse you of anything like that again." she says genuinely. "Ever." she kisses me quickly, blushing lightly.

 

"We should probably go downstairs now." i say also blushing from her kisses. she nods, taking my hand in hers as we exit her bedroom.

 

We walk downstairs and into the kitchen, seeing all eyes on us immediately. "Finally." Ningning throws her hands up. "No offense but i need some help because i don't even go to the same college as you guys." she slumps in her chair as our mothers laugh.

 

Winter and i took a seat at the kitchen table, looking around at everyone. I see my mother giving me a smile as Winter's mom is looking at Ningning's mom with a certain look. oh yeah, i almost forgot about them.

 

"Well girls I'm growing old over here. show us the damn ring." my mother says quickly as all of them stare at us intensely. Winter and i glanced at Ningning, only to see her giving us an evil smile.

 

Winter lifts her hand and extends her arm towards our mother's. They all look at it, their jaws dropping immediately.

 

"Holy hell." Taeyeon, Winter's mother, almost whispers. I laugh, seeing Winter turn her head to give me a smile.

 

"That's beautiful. I've raised you well honey." my mom gives me a sharp smile and leans back in her chair.

 

"You are too much Karina," Taeyeon waves her hand at me. "my daughter is so lucky to have you."

 

Winter pulls her hand back and puts it under the table. I smile nicely at the women, feeling butterfly's inside that Winter's mom really likes me.

 

"I'm just as lucky." I say leaning in to give Winter a kiss on the cheek. her face turns pink as she gives me a death glare that i just did that in front of our parents.

 

Ningning won't stop snickering at us. "How's college? tell us everything." Winter's mother spits out quickly. 

 

Winter next to me grabs my hand under the table and giggles. "It's really good." She says. "lots of work but we get it done. We go to the cafe close by a lot to get drinks."

 

"That's nice. I'm glad my girls are working hard." my mom says to us. "How are your roommates?" she asks.

 

I glanced at Winter and Ningning, seeing the youngest scrunch her nose in disgust. Winter sighs heavily.

 

"We both got paired with an odd one." Winter chuckles. "let's just say that." she rolls her eyes.

 

"Do tell." Winter's mother raises an eyebrow. Ning's mom laughs, nodding her head.

 

"My roommate is a depressed, lonely girl while Winter's has a crush on her." I said giving Winter a smirk. I poke her side teasingly, making her squeal and cover quickly.

 

"Ew," my mother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter