Seventeen

The Love Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WINTER'S POV

 

after ningning left that night to go back to her college, i waited for a text from karina. i know that's pathetic but i can't help but think we are drifting. that's the last thing i want. i just want her to know how much her going to parties and getting wasted bothers me. she's not careful enough. if she went without lying and getting blackout drunk it wouldn't be bad.

 

"have you talked to karina?" yeji asks me as she sits peacefully on her bed. i ahake my head, realizing i've been laying in bed for a while just staring off into space. "text her."

 

"ningie said she was going to text me first." i told her. she shrugs, looking around the room for a moment.

 

"just text her." she rolls her eyes at me. i sigh, grabbing my phone off the nightstand table and looking at it. i go to karina and i's messages and see it's been about a day. "you won't get anywhere by just staring at your phone." i heard her say. i give her the side eye, making her laugh. "just say hi."

 

"fine." my shaky thumbs press h and i as my right thumb hovers over the send button. why am i thinking so hard about this? we've been through a lot and i'm scared to send her a greeting message!?

 

a knock on the door causes yeji and i to look up, and then look at each other. i get up, swinging my legs to the edge of the bed and standing up. i open the door, my phone still in my hand. i almost gasp.

 

"karina," i gulp, my heart beating out of my chest. she gives me a light smile, her eyes wandering up and down my body.

 

"come with me, winter." she reaches for my hand. i shut my phone off, noticing the time is sort of late to be going out of your dorm room. oh, who cares? i'm with her.

 

i shut the door behind me without saying anything to yeji because my eyes are just too focused on the girl in front of me. she walks me down the hallway, and stops at her dorm room. she opens the door and leaves room for me to walk in first.

 

i give her a confused look before walking in the room. my eyes catch what she has done to her room and i freeze after taking a small step in. i hear karina coming up behind me and shut the door behind her.

 

there are a few rose pedals on the floor, leading to her bed. the rest are made in the shape of a heart on her bed. then i see some of my favorite snacks and sodas on her side table. the lights are off and she has white fairy lights hanging from the window.

 

i feel arms around my waist as i get goosebumps. i turn back to face her, my cheeks pink as can be. she gives me a warm smile, resting her hands on my hips.

 

"what is this?" i asked, my insides jumping all around. she brings me closer and closer to her by hands on my hips. she looks into my eyes, blinking slowly.

 

"a day without you felt like eternity." she started quietly, looking from my right eye to my left a million times. i almost hold my breathe with how close we are, but i try to focus on her words. "i don't know how long you wanted this break to be but i just needed to be close to you again." she presses her forehead to mine, now closing her eyes.

 

"i don't know either. i just wanted us to think about everything on our own." i told her, trying not to breathe so hard considering she is inches from my face.

 

"i've been nonstop thinking." she opens her eyes slowly and looks into mine. i nod slowly, her lips catching my attention as i realize they aren't far from mine.

 

"it's just been a day–"

 

"i don't care." she cuts me off, taking her forehead off of mine. "i've tried to give myself a break. i've tried to stop thinking about you and us for just five minutes but.." she trailed off, tears filling her eyes already as she blinks them away. 

 

"you do understand why i wanted us to take this break, right?" i bring my hands up to her face, cupping her jaw. she nods slowly, shutting her eyes and letting the tears fall down her face. i wipe them away as i try to think of something that'll make her stop crying.

 

"i've been so stupid lately and i know that. we don't need a label, i don't care what we are. i just need to be close to you again and spend time with you. i-i can't function knowing that you're either upset or mad." her voice breaks during that last sentence. i rub her cheek with my thumb, thinking of the right words to say to her right now.

 

"you make me the happiest person on earth, karina. i didn't suggest a break to make us both upset. i love you." i said as her eyes light up at those three words. "communication and trust are so important and i felt that you took advantage of those when you went to that recent party." her face drops at my words but i know she knows i'm right.

 

"i love you so much, winter. i'm so sorry for everything. you mean the world to me." she wraps her arms around me again and goes in for a hug, digging her head into my neck. i wrap my arms around her torso, rubbing her back with my hands.

 

"we don't have to spend so much time apart. let's do this relationship the right way, yeah?" i smiled lightly thinking about spending everyday with her again. she pulls away from the hug but keeps her arms around me as she pulls me towards the bed.

 

she drops me on my back near the end of the bed and straddles my waist. she looks down at me, smiling. "the right way." she repeats my words. "no lying, be safe, and treat your girlfriend like the absolute queen she is." she starts leaning forward as she presses her two palms against the bed on either side of my head. oh, now she's on top of me. her words and our position now makes my face heat up rapidly. "oh, and no parties."

 

my eyes widened. "i never said you couldn't go to parties. i just want you to be safe." i explained to her. she shakes her head, bringing her face closer and closer to mine.

 

"no more parties." she whispers as she's inches away from my face. "no arguing about it." she shakes her head. "now, can i kiss you?"

 

i fight the smile forming on my face as i nod my head at her. she leans down and kisses me gently, our lips feeling each other's with everything that have. she pulls away for a quick moment before kissing me again, a little rougher this time as her tongue slides into my open mouth.

 

a sigh escape my lips when i feel her lower body press against mine putting her body weight on me as i kiss her back with the same energy she is kissing me with.

 

"i couldn't stop thinking about kissing you again." she smiles and as she pulls away, sitting up on my lap. i let my legs stretch out again on the bed. i look down to her sitting directly in the perfect spot.

 

"so why did you stop?" i pout, feeling a tingling in my stomach. she now smirks and leans forward again. just when i thought she was going to kiss me again, i hear a crumple of a bag and then she moves farther away from my face again.

 

she just grabbed a bag of chips.

 

"because i'm hungry. want one?" she opens the bag and places a chip in to chew. i huff, nodding my head. i place my hand out for her to give me one but she slaps my hand away.

 

"hey, i want a chip." i pout again, looking away from her. i hear her cute giggle as my peripherals notice her coming closer to me again.

 

"here." she holds one close to my mouth and keeps a small smirk on her face. i open my mouth hesitantly and she places the chip in it. i chew it, my face becoming hot again at what is going on right now. i swallowed the delicious chip.

 

i watch as she continues to eat the chips, just minding her own business and sitting on top of me. "oh so what, now i'm your seat?" i ask her. "and those are my favorite chips." i whine, causing her to tilt her head at me.

 

she wiggles her hips a little, bouncing up and down a few times before stopping. she sets down the chip bag and her fingers while looking at me. "why wouldn't i sit in such a comfortable seat?" she asks, grinning.

 

before i know it, she's leaning back down towards me. she stops a few inches from my face. her hand comes up towards my face as she lift my chin up, causing me to look up at the ceiling. i wait for a moment before i feel soft lips touch my neck.

 

i close my eyes as i enjoy the feeling of her lips kissing all around my neck. she stops for a moment and i feel a more intense feeling as my mouth hangs open. i hold back a small moan as i just breathe a heavy breath. i feel her teeth and my brain tells me to stop her quick.

 

"no." i said and she immediately stops. "i am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter