Chapter 5 : Su-Ryeon's own revenge, Logan's feelings

Rewriting the Stars, A penthouse Logryeon fanfic

The kids have calmed down and are writing their statement.  Logan turns his attention back to Su-Ryeon's side. He spots her climbing down the platform. "What are you doing, Su-Ryeon-ssi ?" Didn't they agree that she would stay safe, out of people's view ?

Once she is in front of the adults,Su-Ryeon slowly removes the hood off her head, revealing herself. When they recognize Shim Su-Ryeon, the adults are astounded.

Logan shifts in his seat nervously…”why did she have to show her face ? Should I call Mr. Hong ?” he thinks as he gets  his phone out of his pocket.

Su-Ryeon doesn’t cower when her husband approaches her threateningly. She maintains eye contact with him while she asks the group "Your kids are so precious, so how could you do that to Min Seol Ah ?" 

Dan Tae snaps at her "Why do you even care ? Don't tell me you're behind all of this ?"

Su-Ryeon suddenly gets something out of her coat. Logan’s eyes widened in surprise. A shotgun ? 

The bang of the weapon rips the air loudly, making both the adults and Logan jump. “Su-Ryeon-ssi...When did you even have the time to put your hand on a shotgun ??” he wonders, both startled and admirative of her braveness.

Seeing her handling the situation perfectly, He put down his phone on the table. Maybe he should just stop worrying and trust her.

"Min Seol Ah is my daughter," she screams  "that poor girl who was switched and abandoned...that poor girl who never got to hold her mom's hand...who never got to call me "mom" one single time...That poor girl that you locked down on and trampled many times...she was my daughter"

Logan's heart sank again. If only he had understood sooner what his parents had done. If he had joined her sooner in Korea...He could have protected Seol Ah. And they could have searched for her mother together...He was too late.

The adults are all shocked apart from Seo Jin who screams victoriously, approaching Su-Ryeon.

“I knew it...you witch...what did you do to my Eun Byeol...will you quit this joke immediately ?”

Witnessing Seo-Jin shaking the gate violently, Logan remembers how much he despised that woman from their first meeting. She is a perfect match with that bastard Joo Dan Tae.

Lee Kyujin approached and tried to calm down everyone. 

“Su-Ryeon-ssi...let us all calm down...you won’t kill everyone here, right ?  I will represent everyone here and apologize to you” That man looked like an idiot as usual. The adults started apologizing but without any ounce of sincerity in their voices. 

Su-Ryeon was revolted. "I don't care about your heartless apologies" Dan Tae approaches again “You lunatic” 

Su-Ryeon cuts him off  "Shut up ! You're only paying for your sins, that's all ! You should see it for yourselves...what kind of monsters your own kids has become"

Su-Ryeon raises her shotgun again, making the adults plunge on the floor in terror. She uses that time to make her exit discreetly.

Logan was observing the adults dispersing in panic. He smirked when he saw them diving in that dirty water. They deserved at least that much.

Few moments later after facing the adults that had come to fetch their kids, he got back to the hotel room and was surprised to find it empty. “Where is Su-Ryeon-ssi ? Why hasn't she come back yet ?” She should have returned way before him.

He takes out his phone. He missed a text she sent earlier "Went over to meet with Yoon Hee, don't worry about me" He looked at the time. It was sent more than one hour ago. After waiting for her for over half an hour, seeing she was not back yet, He decided to go check it out.

Logan reaches Hera Palace’s hall and hides behind a wall. “Should I go check directly if she is still with Yoonhee ? No...I can’t go do that, what am I even thinking ?” He is lost at what to do when Yoonhee gets out of the elevator and walks toward the exit.  “I knew it...something must have happened...it’s probably that bastard again” he thinks as he grabs his phone and calls Dan Tae. Later when Dan Tae walked out the elevator. Logan rushed to it, pushing the button.

When he arrived at the 100th floor he cut the power off.

Su-Ryeon's whole body is throbbing in pain. The cord used to tie her to that chair is cutting into her skin. She still has trouble breathing after Dan Tae choked her.

Dan Tae had just received a call minutes earlier and went out. Secretary Jo stayed behind to keep watch on her.  He looked at her silently, actually feeling a little sorry for the woman. His boss was ruthless. When he comes back she would probably die in that same room…

Su-Ryeon’s mind was racing with thoughts. This time it didn't look good for her.  Su-Ryeon already knows the outcome. She is going to die here. She closes her eyes “Even If I die here what will happen...nothing...Seok Hoon and Seok Kyung hate me...my husband is a monster....” she laments mentally. She shakes her head, trying to fight back her tears “Hye In...mom maybe won’t be able to catch up on the time we lost...I had so much I have yet to tell you…Seol Ah...my baby...mom is sorry...I maybe won’t be able to avenge you after all...” she is still lost in her internal monologue when the memory of this morning comes back. “Why am I even thinking about this right now..I am about to be killed...it’s not like we even stood a chance anyway...just go away...I don’t want to think about this right now...it will just make it worse...you told me to be careful I didn’t listen...I am such a bad partner…’ A tear rolls on her cheek when the lights go out. Secretary Jo exits the room hurriedly, leaving Su-Ryeon alone in the dark. She looked around her, her heart pounding heavily in her chest.

She can hear people struggling on the other side of the door. People falling on the floor, wincing in pain. Then, the door opens and a flashlight blind her briefly. Su-Ryeon is astonished when she recognizes Logan.

Logan hurries to free her. He grabs her hand and helps her stand up. Gesturing her to stay silent, he urges her to follow him. 

When she gets out in the corridor she sees a whole group of people collapsed on the floor. Did he actually take down all these people all by himself ?

He guides her in the dark, once out of the Penthouse they begin to run toward the parking lot. Su-Ryeon's legs are so numb she stumbles a few times. Logan holds her hand firmly. They hop on his motorbike. Secretary Jo and his men had already catched up to them. He started the engine, ready to run them over if needed. The men jumped out in time, and they managed to run away.

As they are driving back to the hotel, Su-Ryeon’s heart is still racing from the adrenaline rush she felt earlier.. She takes a few breaths in. Listening to the buzzing sound of the motorbike, she tightens her grasp around Logan's waist and rests her head on his back.

Once back at the hotel, he helps her to sit on the sofa. Kneeling in front of her, Logan asks her "Are you alright, Su-Ryeon-ssi ? I'm sorry I noticed too late...Are you injured somewhere ?" While speaking he lifts her hands and notices the bruises on her wrists. She shakes her head.

“I’m fine...how did you know ?”

“Your text message about meeting Oh Yoonhee bothered me...It’s a relief I wasn’t too late...That bastard… Did he lay his hand on you again ? this time I won’t let it pass…” 

Breaking into anger, Logan starts to raise when she grabs his hand “Please, you have to calm down...are you the one who called him earlier ? you need to go right now, don’t worry about me and just go” 

“How can I leave when you’re in this state ? I need to call a doctor over, at least until he comes I can’t leave you alone here…” Su-Ryeon pulls on his hand firmly “I will handle it myself, I will be fine, We can’t afford to make a single mistake, so you just go” Seeing her insist he shakes his head before turning back and getting out of the room. 

When Logan is gone, she heads toward the bathroom. Once she is in the steamy water, her muscles start to relax.

She cannot believe he saved her again. Back there she had this kind of thoughts for a mere moment. Why was she even living on ? One of her daughters died. The other was sick...

Her other children hated her. Her only friend had turned her back on her. 

Once this revenge is over how can she keep on living a normal life ? So why did she hope he would barge in there and save her somehow ?

And he did...

The vanilla scented bath smell filled the air, it smelled just like him as a matter of fact, making her recall that they still didn't have the time to talk about what happened last night. 

Logan is getting restless listening to Joo Dan Tae. He just wants it to end as soon as possible,

and go back to the hotel. He doesn’t want to leave Su-Ryeon alone for too long, and seeing that jerk face doesn’t help either. He can barely contain his rage. His hand resting on his lap starts to tremble. How could he assault Su-Ryeon again ? He almost loses it when Joo Dan Tae offers to shake hands at the end of their meeting.

Once Logan was finished with Dan Tae, he rushed back to the hotel. Su-Ryeon is still up, sipping a glass of wine by the windows. "Did everything go fine ? wasn't Joo Dan Tae suspicious of you ?"  Su-Ryeon asks when he joins her.

"He's a cautious person, so I'm sure he has doubts...but since he's the president, and the presentation is coming near...I think he's willing to push forward" he answers.

"It was hard right ? but why did you go to see Yoonhee in the first place ?" worries Logan.

Seeing Su-Ryeon isn’t answering Logan raises his voice

"What did I say ? Didn't I tell you to not trust Oh Yoonhee ? especially after she did the last time...meeting that jerk" He told her, slamming his fist on the windows.

Su-Ryeon sighed. It’s time to tell him everything. He is already aware of her friend’s betrayal with Joo Dan Tae, but he has to know the full story.

"Yoon Hee is the murderer...she killed our Seol Ah" upon hearing her words, Logan flinch

"What...what did you say just now ?" Logan probably heard it wrong.

"The person who killed Seol Ah...it was Oh Yoon Hee," After hearing it, Logan storms out of the hotel suite, Su-Ryeon chasing after him. She had anticipated that he would react like this. That's why she kept delaying telling him everything. But now it was too late. She has to stop him at all costs.

She stops him in the corridor "Please calm down, now is not the right time, please give me more time" Logan shakes off her hand  "Why do you need more time ? What are you still expecting from her ? Oh Yoon Hee has already betrayed you...she'll do everything she can to kill you along with Joo Dan Tae !" 

"I know that ! But it's not the time yet” replied Su-Ryeon, her eyes filling with tears.

"Why not ? Why can't we just kill her ? just like she killed our Seol Ah" he shouted again before turning back and walking away.

"I want to do that too ! But that won't be the end. What about next ? Do you really think Seol Ah would wish to see us turn into murderers like them ?" seeing he turns around she continues "What about Seok Kyung and Seok Hoon ? I'm still their mother ! I just can't end my life irresponsibly like this"

"And you can't too," she thinks. Seol Ah wouldn't want her brother to become a murderer. She approach him again, assuring him that she doesn’t intend to forgive Oh Yoon Hee either

"I feel angry, furious, even more than you...it's driving me insane ! But I'm trying to hold back here, because we can't solve anything by being over emotional...I'm taking my revenge in my own way, I'm going to keep her for last, and put her through the most pain" 

"So you stick to the plan, and we do things one by one. That's the best way to go" She concludes before turning back and heading for the suite, leaving him alone in the corridor. Logan leans on the wall.

"I am the worst...how could the thought of kissing you here could cross my mind when we were arguing like this" he thinks, closing his eyes.

When Logan got back a little after her, Su-Ryeon was sitting in the living room. He walked up and poured himself a drink without throwing her a glance. He gulped down the drink in one go.

He started to feel terrible. “How could I mess up and let her be in danger again ? She...she could have died…that bastard would have killed her if I didn’t come in time” he thinks, his head spinning. He was so scared earlier. He was angry at Dan Tae of course, but he was more angry at himself. “How could I snap at her when she is injured and so shaken up ? I should have taken it out on that bastard instead...but I can’t..He thinks as he takes a deep breath, trying to calm down.He puts down his glass and sits beside her.

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have acted like that when you are already hurt." Su-Ryeon nods, looking down.

"Are you still in pain ? what did the doctor say earlier ?" he worries.

Su-Ryeon still didn't answer, she simply shook her head.

Su-Ryeon  didn't want to cry in front of him again. She tries to stand up but her legs are still weak, making her stumble.

Logan catches her just in time by the waist. "Please stay still" he says while making her sit down again. He pulls her to him, her head resting on his chest. 

"Please...you don't need to act strong in front of me. If you're not fine you should say so." 

"I promise I will make him pay for what he did to Seol Ah and you." Su-Ryeon wanted to move away, she had to. She needed to break free from that embrace. She shouldn’t rely on him too much.But it was too comfortable. It has been so long since she felt so safe with someone.

Maybe she could just stay a short moment and then she will be reasonable and move...but minutes passed and she didn't leave.

Logan heard her breath slowing down, indicating she had probably fallen asleep.He was afraid to move and risk waking her up. He waited for a while. Then he raised her slowly and carried her to the bedroom. He laid her down carefully on the bed and covered her.

The next day, they are both surprised when Yoonhee calls Logan.  She asked him out for dinner in the evening. Su-Ryeon is anxious  “Do you think she is aware of our relationship ?” 

“The best is to go check it out” he answers, sighing.

As he is heading out later Su-Ryeon warns him.

“Do you remember our talk last night ? Please keep it in mind” 

Logan nods in agreement and exits the room.

Few hours later, Su-Ryeon hears the door opening and Logan walks into the living room. Su-Ryeon questions him immediately. “How did it go ?” 

“She knows...she saw you entering the hotel room, she actually showed me pictures...so I couldn’t deny it.” Su-Ryeon is shocked, she takes her head in her hands, defeated.

“But I think I managed to convince her to keep silent for a short while. I had a trump card too” he adds with a mysterious smile.

Logan's heart skipped a beat earlier when Yoonhee asked him if he had feelings for Su-Ryeon. Thankfully he managed to keep his emotions in check and even turned the tables to his advantage. “It’s best to keep silent about the fact that I kept tabs on Oh Yoon Hee myself, and that during dinner I almost had the urge to stab her with a knife” consider Logan. 

“I think she will not tell Dan Tae for the time being, we have to hold out until tomorrow’s presentation and it’ll be fine,” assures Logan. But Su-Ryeon isn’t really convinced, she buries her face in her hands, sighing. “If Dan Tae finds out...our whole plan will go to waste” she says.

Logan goes over to her and pat her on the shoulder “Everything will be fine, don’t worry.” 

The next day is the D-Day of their plan.  Su-Ryeon is so nervous she has trouble speaking.

Actually he’s going to pull most of the work today. She only has to meet one of her reporter’s friends in the afternoon.

When he is about to head for the door she stops him.

“Guess we need to leave today in fate’s hands, please be careful”

Logan smiles at her, trying to be as reassuring as he can before he exits the room.