Chapter 20 : The trial

Rewriting the Stars, A penthouse Logryeon fanfic

Two hours later they head toward Baek Jun Ki’s room with Secretary Hong. Jun Ki greets them with a smile after opening the door.

“Thank you for coming today.” he says as they are both getting seated on the couch facing him.

“Mr Hong, could you prepare the tea we brought earlier” asks Logan, taking Su-Ryeon’s hand in his. He notices Jun Ki is looking briefly down toward their hand before he smiles politely. “I made my decision...when is the trial starting ?”

“In three days...are you going to be fine ?” asks Logan.

“Yes...to be honest I am still terrified to face him...but I have to...do you think he will recognize me ? ” Logan and Su-Ryeon look at each other.

“We wouldn’t know...it’s been a long time after all” answers Su-Ryeon.

 

Mr Hong comes back with three tea-cups and places it in front of them.

“The tea is purple...it is such a mysterious color...it suits you Su-Ryeon-ssi” notes Jun Ki, gazing at the deep purple liquid in the transparent tea cup. Mr. Hong coughs behind them.

“What...is he flirting with my fiance just in front of me ?” wonders Logan, shifting in his place. Su-Ryeon throws Logan a rapid glance as Jun Ki laughs nervously.

“My excuses if I was being out of place . As you know I was out of society for so long, I didn’t mean to be blunt or impolite.”

“Yeah sure...you are actually pretty smooth, Baek Jun Ki...you can’t fool me with that innocent act, I saw what you did here” thinks Logan, irritated.

Su-Ryeon pats his hand before speaking to Jun Ki.

 

“May I ask...what is the story exactly ? I didn’t dare ask last time...but I would like to know” asks Su-Ryeon cautiously. Jun Ki sighs.

“He was doing all kinds of things for our family...when we moved to Japan we took him in.

I was very close to him...I considered him as a big brother...A short while after we arrived, one night he barged into our house...he killed them both...my mother and my father...he spared me...I lost consciousness...when I woke up I was in that mental hospital. I think the police assumed he was dead...because he had stolen my identity.” Su-Ryeon gasps.

 

“Wait a minute...he told me he graduated from Tokyo University...that his parents owned a hotel in Japan and died in a tragic accident. At our wedding there were so many guests coming from Japan...are you telling me everything was a lie ?”

“Of course...Baek Jun Ki is an orphan, he must have hired these people !” answers Baek Jun Ki, slamming his fist on the table.

“I wish I could kill him...” Logan and Su-Ryeon exchange a sorry glance.

“I am sure you need our help in recovering your identity...I will introduce you to a good lawyer. Soon he will be behind bars and you will be able to restart your life” assures Logan.

“On the day of the trial we will go together, everything is going to be fine” adds Su-Ryeon.

They chatted briefly before they stood up and bid him goodbye. Once they are gone,

Baek Jun Ki throws his cup across the room, it shatters on the floor.

“I will take back everything that he stole from me...everything”


 

After separating from Mr Hong they head toward their car. Logan mumbles under his breath.

“Such a mysterious color...just like you...Su-Ryeon-ssi...he called her Su-Ryeon-ssi...that jerk” Su-Ryeon turns around.

“What is that face since we left the Hotel ? and what were you mumbling about just now ?”

“I didn’t say anything” he answers, crossing his arms on his chest, leaning on the car.

“I clearly heard Su-Ryeon-ssi and jerk...I was maybe mistaken” she says, uncrossing his arms.

“He is so brazen...flirting with you while I am here with Mr. Hong.”

“Yes really...when I told him clearly you were my fiance just a few days ago..” Logan’s gaze softened immediately.

“Really ? you told him I was your fiance…” he answers, trying to suppress a smile.

“Yes I did. I thought he got the message already…” he cupped her face, placing a small kiss on her lips.

“Then it’s all good...Su-Ryeon’s fiance...I am her fiance…” he hummed as he walked around the car to go behind the wheel. Su-Ryeon stops him.

“What are you doing ? We agreed I would do the drive to the Penthouse”

“I forgot...here” he replies, giving her the key.

 

After reaching the Penthouse, they explained to Seok Hoon their intention to bring everyone to Fairmont.

“I was thinking about booking the room in two days...is your sister in her room ? I will try again today” says Su-Ryeon, heading toward her daughter’s room. She takes out a drawing she made of her and Seok Kyung, slipping it under the door.

“My baby...mom is here today again...would you just show me your face ? I miss you so much…” She waited behind the door for several minutes. She was about to leave when the piece of paper was snatched from under the door.

“It is a good start…” she wonders, turning around with a smile.

After bidding goodbye to Seok Hoon they left.

 

After having dinner they were resting upstairs, on the bed. She was lying on her stomach, while he was looking at his phone on his back.

“I completely forgot to ask...you had a brother ? how come I didn’t know ?”

“Oh...now that you mention it, I never told you, that’s true” He scrolled on his phone before holding out to her.

“It’s my brother and me” Su-Ryeon gasped. They really looked alike. Especially in that picture where both had dark hair.

“His brother looks just like him...but he looks wilder...he is kinda hot...but if I say that out loud someone here will sulk for hours” she thinks, eyeing him in the corner of her eyes.

“This one on the left is you, right ?”

“How did you know ? people mistake us all the time”

“How could I mistake you ? these eyes definitely yours...beside the way you dress is totally different”

“What about my eyes ? I don’t see anything”

“Your brother’s gaze is so bold while yours is so soft, it is definitely different…apart that time when you looked at me with that icy stare...but other than that, it’s warm…”

Logan covered his face with his arm.

“Su-Ryeon said my gaze is soft…” Laughing, she took the phone from his hand, taking a closer look at the picture.

“You look so hot with dark hair...you always look handsome...but black hair really suited you” raves Su-Ryeon.

“I loved silver, but now I need to dye my hair...Su-Ryeon said I look hotter with black hair...maybe I have a box dye lying around somewhere in the villa” thinks Logan.

“Will you listen to me ? where did you go in your head again ?” asks Su-Ryeon, propping herself on her elbows.

“Excuse me...did you say something ?”

“I said that you never told me much about you or your past...I only know you have a brother now...”

“I don’t have much to say...but I guess we will have all the time now” He is happy she wants to get to know him better, but his family caused her misfortune and he still feels guilty about it. Su-Ryeon understood it right away.

“I won’t ask more today, but tell me more about you soon…” she said, caressing his cheek.

He pulled her down, kissing her.

“I'd rather talk about how you called me hot just two minutes ago” She gave him a tap on the shoulder, laughing.

“You are so sneaky...trying to flirt with me to switch subjects…”

“Does it work or not ?” Su-Ryeon shakes her head.

“No...it didn’t. You need to try harder, sorry...maybe if you tried this it could work...maybe”

She whispers in his ear, making him laugh when he hears her request.

“That I can totally work it out, ” he answered, sitting up.

“Please allow me to get that annoying piece of clothes out of the way and make yourself at ease, Mme Shim” He climbed on her and started massaging her back.

She felt tense because of the incoming trial and the fact her daughter still refused to see her, but she relaxed almost immediately.

“It feels so good...can you go more to the right...not that much...just...just one inch to the left”

She felt so comfortable she started dozing off, just grumbling from time to time. 15 minutes in, as he was kissing her shoulder, Logan noticed she was awfully quiet and wasn’t reacting at all. “Don’t tell me she just fell asleep ?” he thinks.

“Su-Ryeon-ah... Shim Su-Ryeon...my angel” she didn’t answer.

“This is so embarrassing...but how about this ?” he thinks, clearing his throat.

“N...Noona ? Are you sleeping ?” But despite his efforts, Su-Ryeon didn’t budge.

“She really fell asleep...oh well…” He grabbed her pillow and a blanket. She didn’t even react when he lifted her head to slide the pillow under it. He covered her, laying beside her.

She laid on her side, her arm almost hitting his face when she turned. She just opened her eyes for a few seconds, snuggled against him and closed her eyes again.

“Okay...this is good too I guess” he thinks, closing his eyes.

 

The next morning after breakfast he gets an incoming call from his brother.

“Hello...yes I got here fine...you didn’t receive my text ? Are you with Hye In ?”

Su-Ryeon raises her eyes from her cup of tea at the mention of her daughter.

“She is sleeping...I see...we wanted to call her...is it still good for what we talked about ? What did the doctors say ? “ he stood up suddenly, his expression changing.

“This is out of the question…” he went to the kitchen to continue the call.

Su-Ryeon is intrigued, she approaches the room discreetly, trying to listen.

“What are you talking about ? I am not gate-keeping her...who are you calling…”

he lowered his voice “I am not jealous....I don’t want you coming here and being on my back all the time...you are so annoying...I dare you...I will ask Mr. Hong to fetch her instead”

He jumped when he noticed Su-Ryeon behind him.

“No is no...I am definitely against it...I will call you back”

“What’s wrong ?” she ask, making him sighs

“I had good news originally...Hye In can be discharged in two weeks…” Su-Ryeon jumps in his arms, hugging him.

“Really...I can see her in two weeks ? it’s...I can’t believe it...I am so happy...what is the bad news ?”

“My brother wants to bring her here…” Su-Ryeon tilts her head.

“And ? What is wrong with that ? I can finally meet someone close to you”

“He will make my life hell on earth if he comes here”

“It cannot be that bad...let him come here…” The only way for her to meet someone neutral in his family was maybe his brother, she couldn’t possibly meet his parents after all. Logan sighed.

“Fine...if it’s your request, I cannot possibly decline...I will call him back later...do you want to go out ? we need to move in tomorrow at Fairmont, I wanted us to make the most out of today”

 

Later they were just strolling around in a shopping mall, Su-Ryeon stopping in front of stores from time to time to show him something. She dragged him into arts supplies store

“Look at this...I was considering starting painting again...”

“Can’t we have it delivered directly though ?”

“You don’t understand...it has been so long since I had fun just walking on the street and shopping...what’s the fun with having it delivered directly to your home ?”

“Sure...I should buy you the whole store then…Sir...” he started calling out to the shop owner, she tapped him on the arm to stop him.

“You are just…I will take this please” she says, talking to the owner. After they paid her errands they went out. Su-Ryeon stops in front of another shop, gasping.

“Oh...how nostalgic...”

“A video-game shop ?” he wonders, tilting his head.

“What is it ?”

“They made the remake of a game I played when I was young...I loved to play games before”

“I didn’t expect you would be the kind to play games...the games you played, was it Resident Evil ?”

“Yes...I...did the first two entries...always wanted to play the third...never got the opportunity too…”

“I always wanted to play it too...but I couldn’t, I was too young when it got out...kinda forgot about it after” Su-Ryeon smiles after his words.

“Really ?...it would be fun to play again...but I bet putting your hand on the original game is next to impossible...it got out in 1999 after all...I am not fond of remakes...too bad” she says, grabbing his hand. “I definitely need to put my hand on a Playstation One and Resident Evil 3 now…” he thinks as they start walking again. A little later they walk past a hairdressing salon. He stops in front.

“She said I was hot with dark hair…” Su-Ryeon turns around.

“What are you doing ?”

“Su-Ryeon...we should go there,” he says, pointing to the salon. Su-Ryeon follows him even if her mind is full of questions.

He skim through magazines while it’s her turn.

“Madam you are really gorgeous...your skin is glowing......what is your secret ?” ask the stylist as she is applying make-up on her face after finishing her hair service.

Logan raises his eyes from the magazine he was reading and crosses eyes with Su-Ryeon in the mirror. He smirks before looking down again at the magazine. Su-Ryeon opens her eyes wide.

“Aren’t you acting so confident now ?” she thinks. She looks down, feeling shy.

“Thank you very much”

After she is finished, the hairdresser turns around the chair

“Isn’t your wife gorgeous ?” she asks Logan, making him cough.

“Yes she is...really” he answers with a kind smile, looking at Su-Ryeon with admiration.

They switch seats. The hairdresser asks him what he wants. He gets out the picture he showed to Su-Ryeon yesterday and says in a low voice.

“Just...just make it the same...give me the darkest shade of brown you have”

Su-Ryeon chuckles when the hairdresser is gone to prepare the hair-dye.

“So it was your goal today...you’re so obvious” Logan turns around.

“I...but..you said I was hot…”

“Did I ?” asks Su-Ryeon, tilting her head. The hairdresser comes back as he is about to reply. After he is finished they pay the hairdresser and get out.

They start to walk around again, but Su-Ryeon doesn’t say anything the whole time.

Su-Ryeon notices he is stealing glances at her the whole time.

“He is definitely panicking inside right now...should I stop teasing him ? but it is kinda fun...he is really gorgeous like this though... ” she thinks, pursing her lips to suppress a smile.

“Su-Ryeon…”

“Hmmm...yes ?”

“Why aren’t you telling me anything ? Are you hungry ? it is past lunchtime...or maybe…”

“Now that you mention it…”

“Then we should go eat something” he pulls her by the hand.

“You look very nice with dark hair, ” blurted out Su-Ryeon, making Logan turn around.

“Were you teasing me again ? you didn’t say anything…” he says, pulling her by the waist.

“Of course I was...because you were just too adorable, I couldn’t help it. I am sorry”

She brushed aside one strand off his forehead.

“You definitely look pretty with black hair…”

“You look smoking hot...but I won’t say it out loud…” she thinks as he smiles proudly.

“We should take a picture”

“Sure, where should I take it ?” she answers.

“No I didn’t mean a picture of me... I meant a couple selca” Su-Ryeon looks down.

“A couple...selca” she repeats back as he grabs her by the hand.

“Where should we take it...it should be a nice spot, how about here ? ”

“No...I…” she answers in a low voice.

“You don’t want to ?” he asks, tilting his head. Su-Ryeon doesn’t answer.

“I want to...I really want to...but people are looking at us…” she thinks, looking at him intently.

“Are you trying to bewitch me here ? you don’t have to...if you don’t want to, let’s drop it” he says shrugging.

“As I would believe it...I know you want to take a picture so bad but you are only ashamed because there are so many people around” he thinks, amused.

“No...I want to” she blurted out louder than she expected, making a passerby turn around.

“Embarassing...what should I do?” she wonders. Logan wraps his arm around her shoulder, bringing the phone closer.

“I knew it...sorry had to pretend here”

“You did what ?” she asks, turning her head toward him, the flash blinding her. Logan chuckles.

“Su-Ryeon’s face is so pretty even when she is surprised”

“Did you do this on purpose ?” she asks, sulking.

“I did...If I didn’t do that you wouldn’t muster the courage to tell it out loud” Logan replies with a grin.

“It’s so mean...these people even turned around...what are you doing ?” she says as he brings her closer, their cheeks touching.

“People only looking because you are beautiful, nothing to do with my prank here...now give us a smile” Su-Ryeon complies.

“Ok...another one” Su-Ryeon turns her head and kisses his cheek as he is about to take the picture. He looked back at her, startled.

“Logan’s face is even cuter when he is surprised,” she says with a radiant smile.

“It was a low blow...I was busy taking the picture” he answers, embarrassed.

“Now we are even for today” she answers victoriously.

 

After they ate they headed home and started to pack their belongings as they were moving to Fairmont tomorrow. Su-Ryeon called Seok Hoon to make sure everything was fine on their side. The trial was in two days from now. In the evening they took a drink.

“The trial is the day after tomorrow...I can’t wait to put everything behind us and to be freed from them at least,” says Su-Ryeon.

“With the massive evidence and the witnesses they intend to call...this time they are over...Both Cheon Seo Jin and Joo Dan Tae won’t be able to get out of jail alive...and the Hera Palace residents will pay too” Logan gets out a paper from his pocket.

“Oh Yoonhee gave me this...I didn’t know when to talk to you about it...I delayed it too much. I’m sorry” she takes it from his hand and unfolds it.

“Su-Ryeon-unni I have a favor to ask of you, please come to the court as witness, who saw Seol Ah die, so that I can receive the punishment I deserve, that’s the only way to get justice for her...I won’t hope for you to forgive me one day...please be happy” Su-Ryeon looks down.

“I...maybe I should have gone to see Yoon Hee...I still didn’t thank her personally for what she did…”

“Does that mean you’re contemplating forgiving her ?”

“I don’t really know what I am feeling...I...she was really someone I cared for deeply in the past...I would like to forgive her...besides...if I keep dwelling on the past, holding grudges...can I truly move forward ? I think if I want to be happy...I need to free myself from it all...once we obtain justice for our Seol Ah...I just want live normally with my children and...you...you forgave her too...I guess I can manage”

“Oh Yoon Hee...I almost let her die 2 months ago...I brought her here...after her trial…”

“Wait...when she disappeared during her transfer...it was you ?”

 

“It was...I just saw red...I almost stabbed her...and it wasn’t the first time I considered it too…but I figured both you and Seol Ah wouldn’t wish I do that...beside I couldn’t end up in prison leaving Hye In behind...Yoon Hee stabbed herself and almost died. I saved her just in time”

She looked at him sadly as he was playing with his glass.

“I guess I made you witness a bad side of me…I am not as noble as you say...you are the kindest and most forgiving…” She places her hand on his.

“What are you talking about ? you didn’t do anything at the end...you even took care of her and Rona, right ? While I was gone you watched over Hye In and even the twins, when they weren’t exactly nice to you before”

“Ha Yoonchul...he asked to meet me one day...wanted to hand in his resignation and apologize...I refused to meet him...because he was involved in Seol Ah’s incident and he both hurt you and Oh Yoonhee...maybe I should have heard him out ?”

“So that’s why he was here that day...I see” she answers. Logan seems surprised.

“What do you mean ?”

“Don’t you remember the day it happened ?” Logan ponders on her words for a short moment before it hits him.

“Did...did you meet him on that day at Fairmont ?”

“I did...I was so mean to him too...I didn’t even need to act here” she paused before continuing.

“This one is tricky...I don’t really know him after all...he looked like a nice guy at one point...I even pitied him sometimes...you know...he was married to Cheon Seo Jin after all” she concludes, making Logan chuckles.

“Now that definitely deserves we take pity on him”

“But after what he has done...I wouldn’t have agreed to meet him either”

“I bet he must be in agony now...after doing that to his own daughter” thinks Logan with a sad smile. Su-Ryeon noticed his expression.

“What are you thinking about ?”

“Nothing at all…should we go to bed ? we have big days coming up”

 

Once they are in bed. He hugs her from behind snuggling against her.

Su-Ryeon’s heart race. “What is wrong with me ? it’s not like we didn’t do it a few times already” she thinks as he buries his face in her hair, before kissing her on the shoulder, making her shiver. But then he does nothing, he just whispers.

“Goodnight...Su-Ryeon...”

“Goodnight to you too” answers Su-Ryeon as naturally as possible.

“He is so warm…” she thinks, turning around a few minutes after. Logan tightens his arms around her. She clamps her eyes shut, trying to calm down the heart pounding heavily in her chest. Logan mumbles,making her crack into a smile.

“Su-Ryeon...my...fiancee...Jun-Ki imbecile…” Su-Ryeon covers to avoid laughing.

“Is he having an argument with Baek Jun Ki right now ?” she wonders.

“Even being jealous when you’re sleeping...when I love you so much” she whispers. Logan smiles in his slumber.

“See...she...loves me”

 

The next day in the afternoon they checked in at Fairmont. Joo Seok Kyung walked past her mother, not saying a word. Su-Ryeon followed her daughter with her eyes, sighing painfully.

In the evening Logan goes to fetch something in his car. When he is back, Seok Kyung is in front of the door, about to knock. When she spots him she stops and she smirks, walking toward him. “Who would have known that corny teacher would turn out to be a posh CEO…”

“Joo Seok Kyung…” starts Logan but Seok Kyung begins to shout, her voice trembling.

“Don’t misunderstand...You fooled mom...even Seok Hoon is wrapped around your finger...but I won’t”

Both Seok Hoon and Su-Ryeon get out of the room, probably because of the commotion and start to walk toward them. Seok Kyung raises her voice.

“I just wish dad would have kicked your in that warehouse...I heard him speaking on the phone to his stupid secretary that day…Don’t get all cocky...I will never accept you…” Logan crosses his arms, letting out an exasperated sigh.

“What a brat...but now that Su-Ryeon is here, what can I do…” he thinks before replying.

“You got it all wrong, Seok Kyung...I am not trying to be…”

Su-Ryeon calls out to her daughter, making her turn around. Seok-Kyeong sneers.

“Mom you too...so what...were you getting all excited by that stupid teacher ? That's why you left us ? That's why you got rid of dad ?” Su-Ryeon takes a step backward as she has been slapped. Seok Hoon walked to her sister, grabbing her by the arm

“Stop it Joo Seok Kyung !” Seok Hoon yells before slapping her. Taken by surprise, Seok-Kyung fell on the floor.

“What did you do, Seok Hoon ?” worries Su-Ryeon, trying to make her daughter stand up, but Seok Kyung pushes her and runs away. Su-Ryeon begins to chase after her, but she stops and turns around. Both Logan and Seok Hoon tell her.

“Go after her, don’t worry about us”

 

Su-Ryeon catches up to her daughter in the garden of the Hotel.

“My baby...wait” Seok Kyung stops but doesn’t turn to face her mother.

“You have lost so much weight...you need to eat to have the energy to hate or fight me…”

Seok Kyung clenches her fist, fighting back her tears as Su-Ryeon approaches.

“You were always my daughter...there wasn’t a single moment I didn’t consider you or Seok Hoon as my own children...it will never change...even if I start my life afresh with someone else...I know you blame yourself because you sided with...your...with Dan Tae. But it wasn’t your fault if you grew up raised by him” Seok Kyung stops her, finally facing her.

“No it was my fault...even earlier I still called him dad...when he made you suffer so much...when he almost pushed Seol Ah to her death…” Su-Ryeon tries to hug her but Seok Kyung takes a step backward, tears rolling on her cheeks.

“I pushed my own sister to death...did you know I was the one to set the van on fire ? and she begged us to set her free...and I just laughed at her...I bullied these kids at school too, just because it was fun...because I am just like him...even earlier...I made you suffer again and I lashed out at ssaem because I just can’t help it...I am a monster...I am not worthy of being your daughter at all” She takes her head in her hands.

“I hate myself so much...it’s driving me insane...how could I be your daughter...I am so sorry”

Su-Ryeon manages to not act on her urge to take her daughter in her arms.

“So what...will you run away forever ? Will you just run away without trying to repent ? You did these things...it’s a fact. It may hurt you, but you need to face it. Face it...it’s the only way to starts anew”

Su-Ryeon reaches for her daughter cautiously, wrapping her arms around her. Seok Kyung finally gives in.

“My baby...you grew up so much while I was away...it must have been so hard for you”

Seok Kyung hugged her mom back.

“Mom...mom...I was wrong...I am so sorry...I was wrong...I missed you so much”

Seok Hoon and Logan watch from afar. Seok Hoon turns his head, his eyes getting teary.

“Is that tears in his eyes ? surprising...he is quite sensitive after all” wonders Logan as he pat his shoulder.

 

The next day is the first day of the trial. The Hera Palace adults all get out of a van. The courtroom is packed with journalists in front, waiting to interview them.

Logan, Su-Ryeon, Rona and the twins enter the courtroom and take a seat.

Most of the Hera Palace group seems unbothered by the situation.

Su-Ryeon is astonished by their behavior. Logan takes her hand, sighing.

Dantae turns around and throws them a nasty glance. Rona recoils in her seat.

Seok Hoon maintains his father’s gaze as he wraps an arm around her shoulder.

The prosecutor’s team presents the case and calls Su-Ryeon as their first witness.

Su-Ryeon crosses eyes with teary-eyed Oh Yoonhee as she goes toward the witness stand.

“That witch...how dare you ?” sneers Seo Jin

“You crazy bi…” starts Dan Tae but he stops when he crosses eyes with the judge.

The prosecutor starts to question her.

“On the day of the incident...on your way down to the elevator, you witnessed someone pushing Min Seol Ah. And that person is Oh Yoonhee, is that correct ?”

Su-Ryeon sighs deeply.

“Yes, that is correct. She pushed my own daughter, Min Seol Ah, from the 47th floor of Hera Palace, I saw it clearly.”

The Hera Palace residents raised their voices in outrage. Yoonchul looked at Yoonhee pitifully while Kyujin and Mari mocked her.

Logan is sickened by Kang Mari’s attitude. Oh Yoon Hee told him about her daughter Jenny’s bullying incident. How she stood up for her. They were even friends at some point when Yoon Hee was devastated after losing Rona. Dan Tae points a finger at Yoon Hee.

“It’s totally unfair to treat this murderer the same as us.” Seo Jin agreed.

“If you have any shame, please say something Oh Yoon Hee, even acting like you were best friends with Seol Ah’s mother mom, do you even have even an honest bone in you ?”

 

The prosecutor questioned Joo Dan Tae next

“Do you admit to the charges ? did you move the victim’s body to another location and set her house on fire to erase evidence ?”

“I don’t. I didn’t move her body or set her house on fire. You shouldn’t give any credit to a murderer’s words and treat us like criminals”

Logan shakes his head. They are really shameless.

Su-Ryeon squeezed his hand reflexively. He turned toward her, placing his free hand on hers.

“My Honour, I’d like to submit into evidence a video of the defendants, confessing to the crimes” The video is played in court, provoking outrage in the whole court. Joo Dan Tae speak first

 

“Those are false confessions that were said under duress, in order to survive. We thought there was a bomb” Seo Jin stands up, pointing a finger at Su-Ryeon.

“Shim Su-Ryeon threatened us at gun-point” The other Hera Palace residents also tries to defend themselves and put all the blame on Yoon Hee until Yoon Chul stood up all of sudden. Both Su-Ryeon and Logan look at him, intrigued. Rona flinches beside them.

“There weren’t false confessions, all of it is true” Dan Tae turns his head toward him.

“What are you saying ?” Yoonchul looks down and cross eyes with Yoon Hee. He nods silently. Seo Jin grabs him by the collar “Have you thought about our daughter ? Do you want both of us to go to jail ?” Yoon Chul grabs her wrists, shaking her off.

“That night we took Seol Ah’s body to Bosuk Village and faked her cause of death... We were afraid she would tell people our children were bullying other children... We even knew she was locked in the mechanical room but we did nothing to help her... We were all crazy” he concludes, shaking his head.

Yoon Hee looks at him with tears in her eyes. Dan Tae stands up, enraged.

“The evidence is fake ! I didn’t do anything ! That jerk is lying ! Stop lying ! I didn’t do anything !” the guards rush to calm him down.

Seo Jin tries to talk to Yoon Chul again, shaking him. “Do you want to push me off a cliff and kill me ?” but Yoon Chul doesn’t listen, he keeps staring at Yoon Hee who avert her eyes, crying. Seo Jin grabs him by the collar again.

“So that’s why ! your heart belongs to Oh Yoon Hee after all ! You want to take her side even if you end up falling in the pit with her ? you don’t care about me, that’s it ?” she shouts. The guards started approaching her too. Yoon Chul pushes her away.

“I am tired of it all that’s all. I won’t keep on lying anymore”

Su-Ryeon’s group watches him and shakes their head sadly as the other Hera Palace residents call out to him. One of the prosecutors approaches the judge and whispers. The judge slams his hammer, calming everyone down.

“If you cause a scene again, I will have to kick you out. Given that new evidence has been introduced, the hearing is suspended for today. We will continue tomorrow”