Special chapter 1 : Logan's arc explanation

Rewriting the Stars, A penthouse Logryeon fanfic

Special chapter : Logan’s arc

Logan’s arc officially started back in the warehouse, chapter 8 when Dan Tae is taunting him after having “killed” Su-Ryeon. Starting here, he was scarred and started closing off.

Logan felt helpless the whole time. That bastard was mocking his sister and Su-Ryeon’s death but he couldn’t fight back, when all he wanted was to stand up and kill him on the spot.

Here he is “scarred” mentally and the seed is planted in his mind…You can witness him breaking down only one single time after he tells the news to Hyein at the hospital.

Going back to his hotel room, he leant against the wall. His tears were coming back. He wouldn’t be able to fight it any longer. He let himself drop on the floor “Su-Ryeon-ssi...Su-Ryeon-ssi...”he called her name repeatedly, breaking down.

 

In several chapters you can see he is only an empty shell and doesn’t care about life anymore.

  • he looked like all life had been drawn out of him (chapter 8)

  • For him, life has lost all its remaining colors when she died. (chapter 9)

  • “It’s not like my life is worth living for...they are both gone. My only regret is not making these bastards pay” (chapter 13)

In chapter 8 and in chapter 20 we can see that he contemplated murder and leaving Yoonhee out to die.

  • His stare becomes icy again. Yoonhee deserves to die on that cold floor. He exits the room, leaving her to her own fate.

  • Su-Ryeon looked at him sadly as he was playing with his glass.

“I guess I made you witness a bad side of me…I am not as noble as you say…”

He indeed stopped himself but you can see that if his fear is triggered he can almost act up on it.

 

In chapter 15, his fear is set off again by Dan Tae.

  • “I should have dragged you along...it drove me insane each single day for the past 8 months ! if something happens again...I will…”

  • Logan looks in front of him, his eyes darkened by anger.

“I should have killed that bastard...I should have killed him 7 months ago…

then nothing of this would have happened”

Here again he contemplated getting rid of Joo Dantae but thankfully, Su-Ryeon stops him, like she already did in the past.

 

Seol Ah is also a recurrent presence that tries to support him and avoid him doing something beyond repair. She saves him from his nightmares in chapter 9

Always the same, he walks to Su-Ryeon and raises her body covered in blood in his arms, but it’s already too late. But in the one he has that night Seol Ah is here.

She even gives him hints that her mother is alive to make him keep going.

  • “Then if I told you I didn’t see her you wouldn’t believe me...because it’s only a dream, right ?” (chapter 9)

  • “What happiness...both you and that person are not here anymore…”

  • “That we shall find out soon” (chapter 13)

In chapter 13, she warns him of the Penthouse attack months before it actually happens

Mom and I don’t wish you become a murderer...so you should never, ever try to avenge us this way against that man...even if he tries to takes away your happiness when it’s at its peak, you will never...or I won’t forgive you”

 

In chapter 19, during Logryeon dance when they both propose, it is supposed to be a happy occasion but Logan gives a hint of sorrow and guilt when Su-Ryeon confesses she was attracted to him already back in chapter 6.

“How come I never noticed ? that she was already attracted to me back then...I am really dense...right ?” Su-Ryeon gaze at him intently as he keeps losing himself in his inner monologue.

“Then...I could have stopped her...I am such an idiot…” he kept thinking.

Su-Ryeon manages to lift his mood here.

“Why does he look sad all of sudden ? this is not good at all” she thinks as she notices his gaze darkening slightly. Lost about what to do she hugs him all of sudden.

For the rest of the night, Logan is cheerful and even tries to lift her mood by drawing her nickname on her back.

 

Dantae and Seojin threaten them at the trial in chapter 21 but this is not enough to trigger him.

“Shim Su-Ryeon...Logan Lee you will pay for this, you bastards ! you even turned my own children against me. If you think this is over…don’t even think about living happily together...mark my words”

 

This mark the end of the foundation I set for the DILF Trinity arc in previous "seasons"


Starting chapter 22, the DILF Trinity and Logan’s arc starts officially and the ongoing theme is thunder and storm, more or less in the background but becoming more and more noticeable as time goes by.

In chapter 22, which is around 2 months and a half later, Logryeon is preparing for their engagement and everything is peaceful on the surface. We have them coming home from a meeting at work and they even spend a peaceful evening with the kids and are about to watch a movie together when the first sign of a “storm” happens.

Logan stops momentarily at the mezzanine. Something attracted his attention. Curious, he leans in slightly, watching intently. The window of the living room back downstairs cracks in front of his eyes. This scene is obviously the windows cracking before Dan Tae falls to his death.

 

We also have a hint that Logan is hiding his uneasiness under the cover of an overall happy and playful guy in his monologue here.

“The truth is that this place gives me the creeps sometimes....but we can’t move from here until the kids graduate…”

Again, we have the “thunder” here foretelling that a shadow is looming over their head and Logan is picking it up unconsciously at this point. He sees Su-Ryeon as someone he must protect at all costs, someone who is so vulnerable she can easily be “broken” Su-Ryeon sleeping peacefully while he is agitated also shows the contrast between the two. The “thunder monologue” is the beginning of the crack between the two.

Logan is startled awake in the middle of the night a few hours later by the rumbling thunder.

The flashes of light illuminate Su-Ryeon sporadically who lay asleep in his arms, casting an ethereal shade on her body. He is feeling anxious for a reason totally unknown to him. “Were you always so frail ?” he wonders as he gazes at her while she breathes peacefully.

 

In chapter 23, two arcs finally cross paths : Logan’s arc and the dream’s arc (Su-Ryeon)

It will be a separate chapter as it is important too (so we won’t go into the details here)

Logan is very skeptical of Yoonchul’s words and is hostile toward him at the start. But Yoonchul proves his dream could indeed be real as he is able to describe Logan’s necklace.

“Logan was wearing a matching necklace too” Logan is stunned. As he is wearing a high collar, Yoon Chul can’t have seen his necklace earlier and invent the story on the spot.

 

Starting here, Logan is triggered. The next day as he comes back from work and stops in front of the fountain to remember Seol Ah, you can see his ultimate goal in life; that is to protect Su-Ryeon and his newly made family at all costs.

“but don’t worry, I will definitely protect and cherish your mother and your siblings…”

 

You have also the vision :

Logan looks at his reflection briefly in the water.

The scene only lasts a few seconds, but it would stay engraved in his memory for a long time, as it was real. The water is tainted red, a dark and rich red, the lights shining above giving it an even more sinister hue. And this is not him who is reflected in that puddle of water. “Joo...Joo Dan Tae ?” The man lies in the fountain, his eyes forever emptied from life, the shadow of a smile forever carved on his face.

Since Logan is the one having the vision, here you have your first hint as him being the “killer” in that arc.

 

But Logan doesn’t want to admit it…he discards his feelings.

Logan tries to brush away his worries.

“I need to calm down...this is nothing...surely stress...because of our amount of work and what Ha Yoonchul said...that’s all” He smiles reassuringly to pacify himself.

 

The next day, they are called back by the inmate that was keeping watch on Dantae. Dantae was injured in a fight with Yoonchul and has been transported to the hospital. Logan is pushed further in a corner.

But he feels the nagging fear from the day before coming back and settling there, in his mind. Su-Ryeon smiles back at him and hugs him. Logan rests his chin on the top of her head, closing his eyes. Even her comforting scent cannot stop his uneasiness today.

“Joo Dan Tae...if you try to take her I won’t let you...I will kill you with my own hands...so please...just stay where you are...don’t move an inch…let’s not do this...” he thinks, hugging Su-Ryeon tighter.

 

Again, we have a contrast between the two here. Logan is obviously scared, but Su-Ryeon is smiling.

Su-Ryeon places her hand on his chest, giggling.

“Logan...I love our embrace but...I can barely breathe here”

 

24 hours later, they visit Yoonchul and determine Dan Tae’s plan. Logan ask Su-Ryeon to stay out of danger during bombing day, but Su-Ryeon declines

“No...I have it enough...let’s catch him for good this time. He will probably escape and come to us...I am tired of living scared. You’re targeted here, but I am the one he wants at the end of the day .I will go to Jakomo tomorrow…”

Logan is always relatively calm and composed, but here he cuts Yoonchul mid sentence and raises his voice.

“How many times do I have to tell you ? I don’t want you to be put in danger...I will be the one to go, you should wait inside...we should follow that cursed dream’s plot”

But Su-Ryeon doesn’t notice the warning and keeps insisting, which triggers Logan again, and makes him raise his defense even further.

Logan’s eyes darken slightly but he doesn’t answer.

Ha Yoonchul picks it up and tries to calm down the couple, but it’s too late. Here we have our first LogHa crumbs :) Yoonchul’s role will be explained better in the dream’s arc.

 

During their drive home, you can see the distance between the two and Logan progressive shut down. He cuts off the radio, a figurative way to stop his feelings from being “broadcasted”, beside, again we have the storm incoming metaphor.

The radio is breaking the heavy silence.

“Following the recent streak of heavy rain, occasional storms are to be expected in the next few days...the sky should clear next week….” Logan switched off the radio nervously.

 

Obviously, at this point Su-Ryeon notices something is off, Logan is always playful when the two are together most of the time.

“What’s wrong ?” asks Su-Ryeon, turning her head briefly toward him. Logan smiles at her.

“Nothing at all...Noona”

Logan calling her “Noona” is a way to distract her, he uses it as leverage most of the time.

 

Su-Ryeon tries to reach him, but even her touch at this point is making him agitated.

She's lost about what to do. She knows that if she makes a slight mistake it could backfire.

“He is definitely upset about something...probably worried about what happened…the fact he is so silent gives it away instantly, even trying to throw me off by using my nickname...but...I am upset too...we cannot move forward like this...but if I broach the subject while it’s hot it could backfire” she wonders as she focuses briefly on the road again.

Su-Ryeon moves her hand away from the gearshift and takes his hand. Logan flinches slightly.

 

Unfortunately, Su-Ryeon reached out too late. Logan is already in his own world at this point.

“Is my sunshine worried about what happened ? I am sure everything will be fine tomorrow...we…” Logan turns his head toward her.

“Of course I was worried. But now I am fine...we managed to find out what he is planning and the authorities agreed to come over at Jakomo tomorrow...everything will turn out

alright...” Logan entwines his fingers with her after finishing his sentence.

 

Here is the contrast between his words, Logan tries to push aside his fear, he is already in a pit of darkness, but nothing matters more than having her and the kids safe. Beside, you have his final warning : Su-Ryeon mustn't under any circumstances join him the next day in the car.

“Su-Ryeon...angel...I am sorry...I can’t tell you that that bastard sent me into a pit of darkness...I cannot even handle it myself...I need to focus on protecting and reassuring you first...if you witness my fear, how can I do it correctly ? you just need to stay away tomorrow and everything will be fine ” wonders Logan, smiling softly at Su-Ryeon.

But Su-Ryeon ignores his warning again the next day as she enters the car and refuses to get out, worse she snaps at him.

“No...no...I swore I won’t let you be put in danger again…just get out, I beg you” he opens the car’s door. Su-Ryeon snaps at him.

 

Instead of trying to convince her again, he gives in and here you have it. She lost some of his “trust” and he is wearing a mask when he is with her at this point.

“Should I try to convince her again ? but she won’t listen...I need to smile here...she won’t budge, she is as stubborn as me...please...don’t let anything happen to her” he pleads silently, closing his eyes briefly before taking her hand.

 

Logan focuses on the task at hand, Su-Ryeon being his first priority. He is in despair, but he wants to calm her down and reassure her during their evening prior to the attack.

Logan notices her hand tremble slightly when she starts to brush her hair.

“I need to calm her down here...what should I do ?” he wonders.

“Can I do it ?” He asks, sitting behind her.

Logan is very cheerful in this scene, again, he is wearing a mask.

 

Logan installs the CCTV and tries to cheer her up again. Here he is also trying to pacify himself during his lines, obviously.

“Do you feel better now ? we have the guards posted both at the main entrance and even two in the parking lot, the kids are sleeping safely at Rona’s, tomorrow the locksmith will change the lock of the secret entrance...beside he is probably already in Busan right now, he was witnessed on his way over there after all...it’s only a question of time before he get caught again. Nothing will happen to us”

 

Logan is an enigma during their love scene and when they reach the bedroom again to sleep. He indeed looks normal. Su-Ryeon on the contrary feels tense again. She probably sensed something was wrong. But Logan’s behavior could be misleading as he calls her Noona again here out of nowhere. Was he only being cute or was he trying to hide his trouble again ? Your call.

Logan turns around. “What’s wrong, Noona ?”

 

Logan notices she is nervous and opt for monitoring the CCTV with his tablet. Again, it’s both for her and for him at this point.

“Did you think I didn’t notice downstairs ? it is never nothing with you...take a rest, I will be fine” But Logan can’t fight sleepiness and he dozes off.

 

Ha Yoonchul probably saw Logan kicking Dantae and leaving him to die when he woke up. But he cannot do anything about it. Another LogHa crumbs :)

“Please...don’t do it...don’t kill that bastard...there has to be another way…” he pleads internally.

 

Su-Ryeon wakes up a few hours into the night. Seol Ah tries to stop her but to no avail. But she manages to make her take the gun Su-Ryeon has bought just in case. Here again, instead of waking up Logan, she goes out alone. But she isn’t truly alone. As she is wearing Logan’s shirt she finds his watch in her pocket.

As she takes the first step down, something clink in her pocket. She takes it out. It’s Logan’s watch . She always wears it. She had forgotten that she had put it in his pocket earlier when they were about to take their shower. She slides it on her wrist.

Our warrior queen has her armor, she can go kick Dan Tae’s arse in peace now :)

 

During his confrontation with Su-Ryeon, Dantae himself noticed that Logan would lose it definitely if she was killed. I wanted the 3 men to understand each other unconsciously, even if they all have different goals, obviously.

“Because if I kill you first that bastard won’t be able to put up a fight...he is so obsessed...wouldn’t he give up on life right away if I kill you here...that’s so boring, I like a challenge”

 

This part is of importance for both Su-Ryeon and Logan :

As they are fighting on the couch, Su-Ryeon proves she isn’t weak at all and can stand up for herself when she hits Dantae with Logan’s watch and throws him on the ground after pressing on his injury.

Here, finally Logan’s “lucky charm” from chapter 17 comes into handy.

Logan turned around, removing his watch before slipping it on her wrist. She looks at him, perplexed. “It’s way too big for that small wrist...but maybe it can help you, take it as a lucky charm or something…” the lucky charm ends up slashing open Dantae brow bone and making Su-Ryeon gain time.

But Su-Ryeon isn’t an easy to shatter glass, and she proved it before.

Besides, you can see that when Logan is threatened, she immediately strikes back.

She throws him a dark glance. “I won’t die...and I won’t let you touch him with your filthy hands either” she thinks, rage welling up in her chest

 

After Logan intervenes and they both hide behind the sofa, Dantae provokes him. Logan shoots a bullet as a warning and the windows start to crack, Dantae is on his way to death at this point.

“How long do you plan to play hide-and-seek ?” taunt Dan Tae. In response, a bullet rips out the air, shattering one of the windows, cracking the other next to it.

 

Dan Tae keeps taunting him, but Logan tries to ignore his rage. Again, deep down, he thinks that killing Dantae would be the solution.

  • Logan keeps his stare focused on Dan Tae.

“I should have listened to my instinct....but now he is here...I need to focus,”

he thinks, trying to ignore the rage penting up in his chest.

  • “I bet she is going to scream too...but from pain this time... ” yells Dan Tae, shaking his gun. His glance became icy all of sudden. In response, Logan placed his finger on the trigger.

When Dantae threatens to kill him,Su-Ryeon and insults Seol Ah, Logan definitely loses his cool and ends up shooting him.

“ I will help you reunite with that stupid brat...what was her name again ? Min...Min Seol Ah”

Su-Ryeon jumps when Logan fires his gun, the bullet strikes Dan Tae in the shoulder, ending its course in the windows behind him.

 

Su-Ryeon gets out of hiding, and Dantae probably manages to stab Logan at this moment. Because his fear got him side-tracked.

Su-Ryeon limps toward the gun as the two men are struggling. “Shim Su-Ryeon...why did you get out ?” shouts Logan as Dan Tae breaks into laughter when he sees her.

 

Su-Ryeon manages to save him here by shooting Dantae, proving that she has his back as well, even if he doesn’t notice it.

“Joo Dan Tae...I won’t stay put as you try to take someone precious from me again...I have to end this myself…”

 

Logan kicks Joo Dantae and the windows shatter definitely. Dantae topples over and is about to die. And Logan almost let it happen.

“That bastard should just die...and we will be free at least '' he wonders,

But Seol Ah previous warning come back to his mind and he catch Dantae’s hand in extremis.

“Mom and I don’t wish you to become a murderer...so you should never, ever try to avenge us this way against that man...even if he tries to take away your happiness when it’s at its peak, you will never...or I won’t forgive you…” Seol Ah was referring to the engagement when she said “peak of happiness” in chapter 13’s dream.

 

Logan and Dan Tae rivalry is solved in chapter 24 Dan Tae is confused that one of his worst enemies ended up saving him. I loved this scene, it was really fitting of Dan Tae’s reaction king title.

Dan Tae raises his head from the stretcher as he is about to be dragged away.

“You...you punk...why...why did you save me ?” Logan looks up at him.

“I just wanted you to enjoy your time in jail fully, son of a .”

Dan Tae lay down again.

“Stupid bastard...I don’t need your pity or your help”

and here with this, my LoTae’s arc reach its conclusion…so sad.

 

Logan ignores his own pain again and almost dies at the hospital due to his injuries. Seol Ah lures him to the woman who ends up calling for help.

  • Logan sits beside her when the stretcher is finally put in the ambulance. He takes her hand. He has started to feel dizzy since earlier and he can feel the blood dripping on his skin under his T-shirt

  • He shakes off his head and focuses his gaze on Su-Ryeon.

  • “I am totally fine...it’s only a scrape...but he stabbed you. Once you’re taken into emergency I will get mine checked don’t worry...just rest until we get to the hospital now”

  • “Why isn’t anyone here ?” he wonders, wiping off his forehead, trying to ignore the nagging pain in his arm and on his chest.

  • “I need to move from here and get myself checked” he thinks, his eyelids heavy.

Seol Ah is initially disappointed by his behavior. He forgot to take care of himself after all.

After he collapses on the floor, you can see that he is still blaming himself for her death.

“Seol Ah...I missed you so much...I am sorry...I couldn’t save you…I was too late...” He assumes she has come to take him away. But Seol Ah already forgave him and made a last request.

“What are you talking about ? You were the only one who was there for me...I was lucky to meet you...but you need to stay here and make her happy...but...promise me you will be too now...” Logan nods with difficulty, his eyelids heavy.

“Again a request to make someone happy ?” Seol Ah smiles.

It is a huge give away that his issues aren’t solved yet. But Logan always holds his promises, right ? For those who mistook Seol Ah and Logan’s last promise about his potential offspring, I am sorry but the one he has to make happy here is himself :)

 

During Logryeon’s reunion in chapter 25 Su-Ryeon is angry at Logan when she sees him. Because he almost let himself die. Su-Ryeon wants the same thing as him : she wants him safe. If you noticed, the dynamic between the two is inverted. While S1 (chapter 1-7) was introducing the two, S2 (Chapter 8-21) was Su-Ryeon’s ongoing arc while S3 (22-26) is dedicated to Logan. And both end up making the same mistakes : putting themselves in danger for the other or for revenge.

“You always tell me to not be reckless...to not put myself in danger...how could you...I already told you I won’t forgive you if you die on me” she choked up on her last words,

 

We are reminded his latest promise to Seol Ah isn’t fulfilled yet here

“Are you really happy ?”

“Of course I am…” Suryeon answers, looking down.

“Then it’s all good” he replies, kissing her on the forehead before wrapping his arms around her.

Su-Ryeon being happy is very important, but here we don’t see him saying “I am happy too”

 

During the LogHa scene in the same chapter, you can see Logan’s hostility toward Yoonchul lessening and Yoonchul’s growing sympathy for Logan.

“I am glad you didn’t do it” Logan stops moving and looks at him with confusion.

“What ?”

“I saw it that day...in my dream....you pushing Dan Tae….I tried to make a call to warn you two but I wasn’t allowed to...I am glad it ended well” he says in a low voice. Logan sighs more for himself.

“I don’t even manage to really hate the guy now” he thinks as Yoon Chul look down again.

 

Logan is thrown into melancholy when he notices his angel dancing happily in the bedroom after trying on her engagement gown. Her kids had just congratulated her and she is on top of the world.

“I didn’t mean to scare you...but you were so beautiful...I didn’t dare to disturb you...that dress is splendid on you….I really...” he looked down without finishing his sentence.

Su-Ryeon searches for his eyes, slightly worried

Thankfully, Su-Ryeon notices Logan isn’t in his normal state. But Logan acts normal next and the moment passes.

 

Logan feels guilty and sad when he finds the button that Su-Ryeon kept safe and sound all this time.

His chest tightens when he recalls where this came from.

“This is...my shirt’s button...she had it all this time...even keeping it safe and sound with her jewellery….” he puts it back in its place. He carries a hand toward his injury on his collarbone. It’s not supposed to hurt anymore, so why does it burn ?

“She shouldn’t have been injured...I deserve it...I should have come earlier, he couldn’t have laid his hand on her...but now it’s over...we can finally be happy...finally” he reassures himself mentally.

Here “unworthiness” and “self blaming” is literally on his body, as Dan Tae left a scar after stabbing him. But again, he ignored his deepest feelings and reassured himself.

Thankfully, Su-Ryeon is in the corridor and we see that she intends to break his defense soon.

Su-Ryeon leaned against the wall in the corridor.

“Logan...I already know that something is troubling you...I will definitely get you out...from that cold place...like you did for me...and we will be both happy, mark my words” she thinks, walking toward the staircase.

 

The Next ShimLogHa scene is more important for Su-Ryeon’s dream arc so we will skip it. But we can see that Yoonchul is wishing both of them happiness here

And again, both men understand each other as they both try to protect their woman and their kids at all costs.

 

In chapter 26 which is the end of the DILF Trinity/ Logan’s arc, I used both “light” images for Su-Ryeon and “dark” images for Logan on purpose.

Logan is mainly cheering her up as usual during the event. But he slips away again after hearing her laugh with her children. He probably thinks that he doesn’t deserve the “brightness”.

“Why did I leave ? I don’t understand it myself…Everything is over...I am getting engaged to the woman I love...I almost fulfilled my promise to Seol Ah. The kids are doing fine...everything is perfect...”

When Su-Ryeon tries to reach him again, he intends to run away. But when Su-Ryeon prevented him from doing so, he finally started to speak.

“You asked me one day if you were allowed to be happy, right ? The same thoughts have been bearing on my mind, and today it is especially strong....what if I am too happy ? Too blessed ? ”

 

But he can’t finish his sentence as he doesn’t know how to express it. He has discarded his own feelings for too long and at this point he cannot process it himself.

“Why do I feel like this ? Both Seol Ah and Su-Ryeon already forgave me...so why do I still feel that heaviness in my heart ?” he wonders, sounding his own heart for answers.

 

Su-Ryeon tries to be reassuring and confesses her feelings again.

“And you said you would take care of me for several lifetimes and that each time you breathe you love me right ? I feel exactly the same...you...you mean so much to me...don’t say disheartening things like this...please” she pleads, rendering him speechless.

 

But it has an adverse effect as it almost drives him to break down and he wants to avoid it at all costs.

He closed his eyes. A single tear fell on the ring. Suryeon was stunned when he raised his eyes to look at her.

“Would you look at me ? Why are you keeping everything for yourself ? when you told me so many times to not do it ?”

“Let go...I don’t want you to see me breaking down” he thought, feeling his emotions overcoming him.

The rosebud falling allows him to switch subjects, for the time being at last.

 

Su-Ryeon notices his vulnerability in the greenhouse, even his choice of clothes is on purpose here. Logan focuses on her as usual.

With his zipped white and wine red sweater and his torn bleached jeans, he looked almost boyish here.

At one point she says she is happy, but isn’t met with the same answer.

“I am already very happy now” she whispers.

“I really...I really love you…” he says, hugging her tightly

 

Su-Ryeon then starts to sing in order to make him lower his defense again.

The song used is “For Life” english version by D.O (EXO)

  • “He is often so mature and dressed in these suits...I forgot...no I probably overlooked it…”

  • “It must have been hard for you too...sorry if I didn’t always take care of you like you did for me...even now you’re trying to make me laugh when you’re obviously burdened by something…”

This is also a parallel to Logan playing piano for her in Logryeon Bonus Stories part 1.

 

Logan hides again after he starts crying when she sings though.

Su-Ryeon attempts to pull away from him but he holds her close.

“No…please don’t” he pleads.

 

Their bedscene here has both “confronting” each other for a last time. It was also the Logan POV’s bed scene that was requested by some moots. The bed scene also has many parallels to the previous bed scene.

Su-Ryeon breaks the distance first and we have a parallel to chapter 3

  • After she wipes away his tears, he finally meets her gaze. Without saying any words, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him[…]

“Do you remember our first kiss ? I was the one in pain that day...and you made it go away instantly” she thinks as he finally gives in and kisses her back.

  • When Su-Ryon turns back to face him, seeing tears rolling on her cheeks, he wipes it away[…] He just wished he could make her pain disappear[…] He closed the distance between them and kissed her gently[….]He is about to pull away from her when she kisses him back. (chapter 3)

 

Logan doesn’t lower his defense straight away, as he prevents her from ping his sweater.

“I don’t want you to see it right now...it’s so ugly” he wonders as he cups her face to kiss her, distracting her momentarily.

 

We have chapter 21 parallel here :

  • “You said you had the urge to make me yours one day, right ? What about me ? you never revealed yourself fully in front of me” she thinks, pushing him toward the couch while they keep kissing.

  • “The urge I have to make you mine here [...] he lifted her arms, pinning it above her head. “but I will take my time…” (chapter 21)

  • But Logan doesn’t let himself be caught yet, remember these two can hear each other's thoughts sometimes ? Logan probably picked it up here. it’s also chapter 6 parallel

  • Logan makes her spin around, her hair following the movement and she is the one ending up landing on the couch, Logan above her, his hand leaving her back to reach her collar.

  • she pushes him until he starts to retreat [...] Su-Ryeon cups his face between her hands, pulling him in for another kiss. Surprised by her gesture he lands on the couch. (chapter 6)

Su-Ryeon showed herself fully to Logan after she let him enter her heart, but Logan didn’t yet.

She almost lay in front of him after he removes her dress, but he is still fully dressed. And it tells a lot to her.

“I revealed myself to you layer by layer...I was so focused on myself... that I totally forgot about you...when are you going to bare yourself in front of me ?”

 

Here we have a cute parallel to chapter 17, the “love bite” but my bad, it is a deleted scene…there are even deleted scenes in ff now :)

  • She makes him tilt his head and settle on his neck. His breath quickens upon the soft touch.

“Is she going to mark me again ?” he wonders with both amusement and anticipation

  • She pushed down the collar of his sweater, revealing the mark she left yesterday, placing a kiss on it. (Chapter 17)

At one point, as she is attempting to undress him again, he tries to distract her. And it’s chapter 4 and chapter 19 “jewellery” parallel.

While in chapter 19 he considered Su-Ryeon’s stabbing as his first gift and placed her hand on it, in Chapter 26 he prevented her from accessing his body. Su-Ryeon has also a recurring theme with “heartbeat” (Chapter 3, 14, 19 )

  • He leans on his elbow, subtly turning his body away [...] “You’re trying to divert my attention away from this, right ?” she says, pointing to the latest scar Dan Tae left just below the collarbone[...] She outlines the scar briefly with her fingers. [...] Logan doesn’t even flinch when she kisses him on his injury but she knows what he feels just by feeling his pulse accelerate on his neck and the way he tenses up slightly [...] she makes his sweater slide off his body [...] Feeling less burdened he finally relaxes and kisses her back with all his might….

  • Su-Ryeon hides her chest instinctively[...] Logan doesn’t try to move her hands apart. He just places light kisses [...] He can feel her relaxing, leaving behind her nervousness with his trail of kisses. Moving her hands away from her chest, she takes his face into her hands and kisses him back deeply. (chapter 4)

  • “But it’s not Su-Ryeon’s first gift”

“What do you mean ? Did I offer you something else ?”

“This is the one I like the most,” he answers, grabbing her hand and placing it on his chest. (chapter 19)

 

Su-Ryeon reminds him she isn’t as fragile as he thinks and we have chapter 11 and chapter 22 “thunder monologue” parallel.

  • “I am not fragile as you think...I won’t shatter like glass...so stop going easy on me”

  • “Please just give me everything, don’t hold back” (chapter 11)

  • “Were you always so frail ?” he wonders as he gazes at her while she breathes peacefully (Chapter 22)

You also have her taking control and this is Chapter 22 and chapter 19 parallel, where Su-Ryeon was totally caught into his pace.

  • “Sorry...but today you are going to follow my pace” (Su-Ryeon)

  • “I guess I enough for today” (chapter 22)

  • She completely let herself get carried by his pace (chapter 19)

Both have a game of power like in chapter 21

  • “I cannot wait to see how it goes,” he replies, looking back at Su-Ryeon brazenly.

  • “Just you wait when my hands are free again…” Logan thinks as she looks back at him brazenly.

We have a chapter 13 parallel for the part (as it should)

  • she thinks as his breath quickens and he pulls her even closer. He let himself get carried away by the waves of pleasure as he clings to her so tightly she almost can’t breathe.

  • Completely entranced, she takes hold of his hair, her whole body trembling [...] She clenches on his hands so strongly her fingernails dig into his flesh. She wraps one of her legs around his waist, shivering.

But also a chapter 19 and 23 “telepathy” parallel

  • If she could hear his thoughts right now it would only be about her anyway.

  • I wonder if he can feel it too ?” she wonders, kissing him softly on the lips. She felt him smiling briefly against her lips. “Of course I feel it too...my angel” (chapter 19)

  • “I was thinking the same right this moment”

“Having some telepathy...I didn’t steal it from you I swear” (chapter 23)

 

We even have chapter 26 parallel (lol)

The conclusion is Su-Ryeon finally managing to make him “hers”

  • You said you had the urge to make me yours one day, right ? What about me ?

  • “Finally...you’re mine...my sunshine”

While Logan consider the beginning as most important and compare it to “Heaven”

It can only be compared to a glimpse of heaven to him.

Suryeon on the contrary consider the ending as most important

“it’s right here I feel like I’m allowed a sneak peak of paradise…”

 


 

Their cuddle talk concludes the arc and also contains my opinion about what happened in canon. Fear is the most negative feeling that can hit someone. Fears are many, rejection, unworthiness, abandonnement…fear can freeze someone instantly and can throw you in despair if it comes true. Here we had “abandonnement” and “unworthiness” which are amongst the nastiest if you ask me. In canon, Su-Ryeon takes many risks that almost end up getting her killed. Logan’s mental state is hinted at in S2 when he lost her. He also warns a last time during S3E14 saying he will follow her wherever it could be.

As I didn’t want to lessen Su-Ryeon’s role, I added Logan’s inner struggle as I interpreted it myself. Several times he begs her to not be reckless and put herself in danger and the warnings are ignored each time. In consequence, Logan had to suffer inside.

For his unworthiness, his past “failures” of not being able to save Seol Ah and almost losing Su-Ryeon twice triggered unworthiness. It reached its peak when Logan earned a scar from Dan Tae just above the one he was so proud of before.

I could have glazed it over to preserve him and Logryeon. But I wanted to show that ignoring someone's inner fear or trigger will always have consequences at some point.

Humans are like this, they tend to avoid negative feelings and pain. You always envision the worst outcome in a situation, even a common one, to avoid disappointment, right ? Fear is at play here. In order to preserve himself mentally, he closed himself temporarily, which was Su-Ryeon’s price to pay and Su-Ryeon’s latest obstacle to overcome.

 

Let’s get to the poll answer “if we were in a RPG, which would be Logan and Su-Ryeon’s final boss ?”

  • For Su-Ryeon, moots voted 38% for Logan…Congratulations you guys, you got it right :)

Suryeon’s main struggle is Logan closing his heart to her. People would have probably bet she was the most introverted of the two. But if you read/watch closely, Logan barely opens up about his past and deep feelings. And you have to remember that Logan lived a sheltered life as he was sick at a young age and Su-Ryeon was probably his first love. As such, he was the heart of glass and not Su-Ryeon, scarring him mentally was to be expected with what happened in the drama.

  • Unfortunately for Logan, Shim Su-Ryeon got 67% and it’s wrong, the correct answer is also Logan. Congrats for the 15% who voted Logan, you won.

Logan clearly hindered his own happiness and almost ended up losing his own life, if not for Seol Ah, who asked him to promise her to make “himself” happy next. He repeatedly ignored his own feelings, pushed it aside in order to focus on Su-Ryeon. He even blamed himself for what happened at the Penthouse.So Logan was indeed Logan’s final boss.