Chapter 18 : Log/Ryeon prepares a surprise

Rewriting the Stars, A penthouse Logryeon fanfic

Su-Ryeon went over to the Penthouse often to meet the twins. On the third day,

Seok-Hoon greeted her warmly and they chatted a long time about school and Rona.

He was still wary about Jung Doo Man but was thinking about it.

Su-Ryeon stayed a long moment behind her daughter’s bedroom, trying to talk to her, but Seok-Kyung never opened the door.

 

After leaving she was wandering on the streets, looking at the stores when she spotted a jewelry shop. She looked down at her wrist where Logan’s watch was.

“Maybe they can remove some links to fit it to my wrist’s size...I am sure he won’t mind…” she wonders, pushing the door.

 

She looks around the different displays briefly as the clerk is busy with another customer.

Something attracts her eyes immediately when she sets her eyes on it. It was a silver chain with a ring as a pendant. The sales assistant approached her from behind after finishing talking with the client.

“Are you interested in this necklace Madam ? it’s from our latest collection for Winter 2020 in the Men’s range ” explains the vendor while opening the glass case to show her the necklace. Su-Ryeon takes a step backward.

“Ah...no...I was just looking...it’s so pretty I couldn’t help it”

“Sure...no problem Madam, did you need anything else ?”

“Actually yes...I came to fix a watch...it’s size is a little too big for my wrist.”

She follows the vendor to the counter. The vendor looked at the watch curiously before starting to fix it, her gaze focused. Few minutes later she held out the watch to her.

“Here is it Madam...what a gorgeous watch”

“Thank you...really” answered Su-Ryeon with a smile, looking at the watch softly.

She got out of the store after paying the clerk for the service.

 

Once she was outside she patted her cheeks. “What was I thinking ? how could I even think about buying this necklace for him ?” she looks down at her wrist, the watch shining brightly under the sunlight.

“It is almost as if he gave me his time...I like this watch so much somehow” she thinks with a smile.

Meanwhile Logan also visited a jewelry shop but he didn’t come out empty-handed.

He bought a beautiful gold diamond studded ring.

 

The next day, Secretary Hong called Su-Ryeon soon after she went back to the villa after visiting the twins again. Asking her if she could meet Baek Jun Ki tomorrow.

“Why would he want to meet me ? it’s you and Logan who found him...not me”

“He wouldn’t tell...I know it could be a disturbance to you, but would you consider it ?” asked Mr. Hong.

“Yes of course...if it can help both of you, I will do it”. After agreeing on the meeting time they hung up.

Logan called her in the evening just when she was finally getting into the drama she was watching.

“Hello…”

“Hello...was your day okay ?”

“Yes...I went to meet the twins today. But Seok Kyung still refuse to meet me...I only saw Seok Hoon but it was so good to chat with him, so I am happy nonetheless”

“I see...that’s great, the trial is wearing me out... I can’t wait to put everything behind me already…”

“It must be hard for you…please hang in there”

“Don’t worry...nothing happened ? Did Mr. Hong call you ?”

“Yes...oh it was strange...that man..Baek Jun Ki, I don’t know how to call him...he asked to meet me”

“What ? Are you going to see him ?”

“I don’t know why he wants to meet me, but it could be of help so I agreed. Going over there tomorrow”

“Fine...Mr Hong will accompany you right ? I guess I don’t need to worry….”

She takes a candy he offered her.

“Of course everything will be fine...hmmm...the peppermint’s ones are the best as expected”

“What are you talking about ?”

“Please come back quickly, I take a candy each time I think about you, the packet is already half-empty, what am I going to do ?”

“Should I ask Mr. Hong to buy you another ? I will call him as soon as we…” Su-Ryeon laughs “I am reserved...but he can be so slow sometimes...how cute” she thinks before answering.

“This is not what I meant...I just wanted to say I miss you…”

“I already knew, but it’s better if you say it...you barely talked before, I can’t get enough of it...you fell right for it, I am so proud”

“What ? you tricked me ?”

“How could I even dream of tricking Su-Ryeon-ssi...I would never dare…”

“Flattering me next to try to get out of the situation...you are a sneaky man...I wasn’t expecting this at all” she says, faking disappointment.

“No...it’s a misunderstanding...you’re mocking me right now, right ?” he answers when she laughs again.

“I was...sorry…”

“It stings...but hearing you laugh, the reward is worth the pain...I guess”

Su-Ryeon stretched her arms briefly. She was getting sleepy, but she didn't want to hang up. She waited for that single call all day. She stifled a yawn.

“You are tired right ? I just know it...please get some rest...we can talk tomorrow”

“No...I want to hear your voice a little more”

“Shhhhh...will you stop talking and sleep now ?” he answers.

“You...you actually dared to use my lines ?”

“How scary if fierce Su-Ryeon-ssi comes back again...what if she pinches me or worse, smacks me with a brush ?”

“I see...but the fierce Su-Ryeon only wanted to kiss you...you totally misunderstood her”

“I wish I could too...I will really hang up now, please go to sleep...we can talk tomorrow...good night”

“Goodnight…” she clutched her phone after hanging up.

 

She went to bed but she couldn’t fall asleep right away. She kept thinking about that necklace. Was she actually contemplating offering it to him ?

“I bet it would look wonderful dangling on your skin” she mumbled out loud before falling asleep.

The next day when Su-Ryeon wakes up, she tries to call Hye In but her daughter doesn't pick up. Hye In was actually in the hospital’s garden with Logan. They were walking slowly.

“Are you alright ? maybe we should take a break” spotting a bench he helped her sit down. As he is doing so, the small box containing the ring falls on the floor. Before he can fetch it, Hye In picks it up, intrigued.

“What is this...Logan ? Is that a ring ?”

“Yes it is…”

“Is it...for Mom ?” Logan is surprised.

“How...how did you know ?”

Hye In smiles before answering.

“You are in love with Mom, right ?”

Logan takes her hands.

“Hye in…”

“It’s great...why didn’t you tell me sooner ? if it’s you, mom will definitely be happy...I am sure.”

“You...you think so ?”

“Yes...you are so kind and warm...I like you a lot...I am sure mom feels the same...you are so different from that man…my father I mean” Hye in eyes darkens when she says her last sentence. She squeezed his hands, trembling.

“She is still terrified because of that bastard...I will never forgive him” thinks Logan while looking at her sadly.

“That man won’t ever do anything to you or your mother...I promise...you trust me, right ?”

“Yes...I trust you” she answers in a low voice, looking down.

“Do you think they will like me...Seok Hoon and Seok Kyung, when I come back ?”

“Of course...why wouldn’t they like you ? Who doesn’t ? let me count, there are many...I do...your mom does, Mr Hong, Alex, Grandma Emma...the nurses, the doctors, your friends here...I bet even the gardener and the cleaning ladies like you”

“Stop it, I got it...” she says, laughing, catching his hand that started counting.

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine, we will be here with you anyway, alright ?” She nods with a smile.

“I need to head back, you know why...my parents...but let’s call your mother when I come back to visit you okay ?”

 

In the same afternoon, Su-Ryeon met Baek Jun Ki with Mr. Hong.

She is sitting facing Baek Jun Ki. Mr. Hong was preparing tea in the kitchen.

“I asked to meet you today because I am considering testifying at the trial...but I am uneasy. I spent so many years locked in that...place. I am afraid...I don’t know how to lead a normal life anymore...”

Jun Ki looks straight in her eyes. before continuing to speak in a soft tone.

“You probably don’t recall but...I met you when we were little...you’re as beautiful as you were then...it was reassuring to reach out to someone who knew me in the past...but you don’t seem to remember me…”

Su-Ryeon shifts in her seat. Jun Ki looks like a nice man overall, but the way he looks at her and his words makes her slightly nervous.

“Is he attracted to me by any chance ?” she wonders. She smiles politely at him, hiding her uneasiness perfectly.

 

“Of course...I understand...We will help you as much as you need with Logan and Mr. Hong, right ?” she says as Mr. Hong enters the room again and places two cups of tea in front of them.

“Naturally Madam Shim” answers Mr. Hong.

“Could I know your relationship with Logan Lee ?” inquire Jun Ki. Mr. Hong arches an eyebrow “What a strange question” he wonders.

 

“He is my...my...fiance” she blurts out without thinking. Mr. Hong coughs behind her.

“I see...he looks like a very nice man...he did so much for me after all...I wish you two happiness. I hope you smile like you used to back when you were younger...” Both Su-Ryeon and Mr. Hong detect a hint of disappointment in his voice.

Mr. Hong eyes him suspiciously.

“The way he stares at her...it’s definitely not normal” wonders Mr. Hong.

 

“When you have made your decision regarding the trial do not hesitate to contact us, of course we are available if you need anything, because I know you are in a difficult situation right now, ” Su-Ryeon says, putting emphasis on the “us” and the “we” on purpose. “I hope he gets the message, it’s awkward” she thinks to herself while she is standing up.

 

Mr Hong mentally praises his boss for succeeding at winning the heart of Shim Su-Ryeon.

She didn’t need his help at all here. She handled the whole thing perfectly.

They part ways at the Fairmont entrance. She promises to call him if she needs anything.

Mr. Hong calls back Logan as promised when she hops into a taxi.

“Did the meeting with Baek Jun Ki go well ?”

“Mr. Baek was considering testifying at least...seems he…” Mr. Hong pauses mid-sentence, making Logan intrigued.

“What’s wrong ? Did something happen ?”

“Nothing bad happened per se...but”

“Come out with it already Mr. Hong, you’re making me worried here”

“He..wanted to meet Madam Shim because they knew each other from childhood”

“And ? what’s wrong with that ?” Mr. Hong coughs at the other end of the line, pondering if he should tell his boss or not about the strange behavior Baek Jun Ki displayed earlier. Maybe he just got it wrong, worrying his boss with that maybe wasn’t the best idea.

“Nothing at all” he lies. But Logan knows him well.

“You can be honest with me, tell me”

“It may only be me misinterpreting, but Mr. Baek seems to fancy Mme Shim”

“What…how did you reach that conclusion ?” Mr. Hong was being tormented here. He didn’t want to say more.

“Mr Baek...he asked what was your relationship to Mme Shim...and I apologize for my rudeness but he was looking at her like a man looks at a woman” Logan sighs

“I understand for now...thank you very much for informing me...take a rest, I will call you back later”

 

Su-Ryeon lets herself drop on the sofa in the living room when she comes back.

Getting it out from its box, she lifts the necklace, it’s shining brightly under the light

“I called you my fiance today...I can’t believe it...the words just came out all of sudden...but I will never be able to admit it to you on the phone tonight…” she says looking at the necklace with a soft smile.




 

In the evening Logan calls her as usual, she picks the call happily.

They chit-chat for a while before he pauses, hesitant.

“How did it go...with Baek Jun Ki ?”

“It went well...he is considering testifying...That man knew me from my childhood...he wanted to see me because he is feeling uneasy coming back to society after so many years...I can understand he would be more comfortable with someone who knew him before” she explains. Logan doesn’t answer right away.

“Especially when it’s a gorgeous and y woman like you, Su-Ryeon-ssi...that imbecile...” wonders Logan. Irritated, he sighs. Su-Ryeon picked it up immediately.

“What’s wrong ? did you just sigh ?”

“Well no, I didn’t...you must be mistaken”

“You definitely did...wha…” Su-Ryeon stops mid-sentence and laughs at the other end of the line.

“What’s so funny ? ” mumble Logan

“You are jealous again….I just can’t get enough of it…”

“No...no...the childhood excuse is really smooth. I meant to praise him, he is really clever...I bet I could learn one thing or two from him...” he answers sarcastically.

Su-Ryeon laughs again before adding “How cute...you of course, not Baek Jun Ki”

He cleared his throat “Am I...cute ?” Su-Ryeon stifled a yawn, she was really strained, but she didn’t want to hang up either. She answers in a cheery voice

“Yes of course you are...sulking for something like this….” he laughed before replying.

“Just go to sleep already...I will call you back tomorrow…”

After hanging up with Su-Ryeon, Logan sighs again.

“I know I shouldn’t be jealous...but that ungrateful jerk...we helped him get out of that mental hospital and the first thing he does is hit on my woman…” He is already feeling tense about his parent’s trial and he had a heated argument with his brother about Su-Ryeon just 2 days ago. Jun Ki’s behavior doesn’t help.

 

Two days later on the 30 of November at around 5pm, Seoul Time, one week before Logan comes back

Su-Ryeon spotted an adjacent building to the main residence and decided to check it out after coming back from outside as usual.

“I didn’t even visit outside...I wonder what is it” She let out a gasp when she pushed the glass door open. Her eyes light up and spark immediately.

“It even has a greenhouse here” she twirls around in the vast room, looking at the plants one by one.

“That spathiphyllum is huge...that Begonia Rex is gorgeous...so many...they are so beautiful” she says, grazing each plant with a smile.

One of the last remaining sunrays before sunset blind her briefly when she looks toward another potted plant.

She takes out her phone and snaps a picture. They have taken the habit to send each other pictures often during the day. After sending it to him she smiles softly.

“Logan...my sunshine...I wish you could be here to see it...I found the place, finally” she says to the empty room with a smile. She closes her eyes.

“I thought I didn’t deserve to see the sun again...You are like that last fleeting sun ray...I want to freeze time like this with you…” Her phone beeps when she is about to get out.

“How pretty...the full moon”

 

It is past midnight at the same time for Logan. He is sitting outside despite the cold weather.

His phone beeps at the same moment he is snapping a picture of the full moon to send to Su-Ryeon. He breaks into a smile.

“It is sunset over there already...that place...did she find the greenhouse ?” He sends the picture and rests against the recliner. He gets out the ring box from his pocket, it’s shining under the moonlight.

“Su-Ryeon-ssi...no...Su-Ryeon, my angel...I think it will suit you perfectly…” he says out loud, his voice softening upon uttering the name of Su-Ryeon.

Su-Ryeon’s porcelain skin, her chocolate brown hair matching perfectly her sparkling eyes. Her voice tinkling when she laughs, her soft puffy cheeks, he can remember each detail clearly each time he closes his eyes.

“I also remember your kind and beautiful heart...my angel...I hope you keep lighting my way in the darkness like that full moon tonight...I have already prepared everything...wait for me” he is still lost in his thoughts when a hand lands on his shoulders, making him jump.

 

His brother is looking down at him and for once, his gaze is serious.

“Can I ?” Logan nods, trying to put back the box in his pocket.

“Are you going...to propose to her ?” Logan sighs before raising his voice.

“If it’s again the same discussion we had few days ago, drop it...please I don’t want to argue tonight...my decision is taken, I won’t come back on it...I won’t take over dad’s business...and I won’t break up with her either” His brother swallows with difficulty before speaking, indicating that what he is going to say is going to cost him a lot.

“I apologize…” Logan spins his head toward his brother, startled.

“Are you...did you drink ? no...do you have a fever ?” he reaches for his brother’s forehead, Alex slaps it away with a laugh.

“What is wrong with you ? aren’t you the one having a fever….worrying about me when I always torment you...” Logan shrugs after his brother’s words, Alex keeps on talking.

“I am always annoying you, but you are still my little brother...I was just worried, that’s why I reacted like this...you barely recovered...you almost died...I didn’t want you to go over there and put your life on the line for our s...for Seol Ah’s sake...I was just scared Shim Su-Ryeon would try to take it out on you...I…”

“She isn’t like this at all...instead of hating me she did exactly the opposite she…” His brother raises his hand and speaks again.

“Stop interrupting me...let me talk...I understand...I came here to wish you both happiness...seeing you these last few days when you receive a phone call or a message...I understood...you are finally happy again...this…” he gets out something that was resting on the ground next to his seat and holds it out to his brother.

“A bottle of rhum arrange ?” Logan let out a light laugh after his words.

“Don’t laugh insolent...I know you like this the best...I started infusing it,hoping to give it to you when you get your first official girlfriend...you’re so serious and closed off, I wanted to help you smooth talk chicks I…” Logan laughs louder before teasing him.

“What’s wrong with you ? it’s so lame.” Alex is offended, he reaches for the bottle in his brother’s hands.

“How can you say that...my careful attention...I will take it back” but Logan becomes serious again.

“I know...I got it...you always act so brash, but I understand it very well, this is how you are...I will take it gladly and cherish it”

“Pear and Vanilla...she will definitely like it” says Logan while smiling softly, checking the label. Alex elbows him.

“Show me the ring...I need to know if my brother is doing things correctly” Logan laughs again, holding the small box to his brother.

“Dang...this...you are my brother no doubt about it...it is a perfect match for your goddess”

Logan smiles with contentement while telling his plan for proposal to his brother. He booked the first restaurant he brought her on a date.

 

The next day in the afternoon, Logan calls Su-Ryeon and they chit-chat briefly.

“I have something for you, wait a minute” Logan puts the phone away from his ear.

“Hye-In-ah...come here for a second, I have a surprise…wait...why it doesn’t work...the video-call...it won’t work...help” Su-Ryeon laughs just picturing Logan’s helpless face, but her eyes fill with tears the next moment, when she hears her daughter’s laughter.

 

“Logan is really clumsy...you just have to tap here to start the video-call…” Hye-In jumps when she sees her mother.

“Mom...mom is that really you ? Mom...I missed you so much” Su-Ryeon breaks into tears.

Logan and Hye-In both speak at the same time.

“Don’t cry Mom”

“Don’t cry Su-Ryeon-ssi” Su-Ryeon laughs while wiping her tears.

“Yes, yes...I am sorry...My...my baby...Mom missed you so much too…my baby...did you eat well ? How is your treatment going ? How do you spend your day ? Are the doctors taking good care of you ? you have become so pretty...I…”

“I am fine mom...but I can’t wait to see you again...it was so long without you…Everything was fine mom...It was hard at first, I was really tired all the time...and I was so lonely without you...but now it’s better. I even made friends here”

 

“Hye In, take the phone for a few seconds, please” says Logan, holding out the phone to her.

He raises, getting out of the camera view. Hyein whispers to her mom

“Mom...do you remember what day it is today ?” Su-Ryeon wink at her.

“Of course I remember...it is Logan’s birthday...right ?” You can hear Logan a few seconds later.

“Just what is that ?” Hye In covers .

“There is a whole candy shop hidden in here...who gave it to you ?

Hye In scratch her head.

“It was Alex…”

“Just turn the camera so that she can see the crime” Su-Ryeon gasps, seeing the box filled to the max with packets of candies. He comes to sit down next to Hye In again.

“He is so cheap...trying to win your affection like this…” says Logan, shaking his head.

“I see that both brothers try to win women’s hearts with sweets.” teases Su-Ryeon.

“Did it work on you mom ?” asks Hye-In innocently

“What are you talking about... you small devil” says Logan trying to cover . Hye In manages to get away.

“Don’t worry...even if Alex tried to win my heart I still like you the best” Su-Ryeon laughs. Hyein winks at her.

“Mom...how about singing something right now ?” Logan looks at Hyein before switching his gaze to the camera again, confusion clear on his face.

“What about…” as the two begins to sing, while clapping their hands. Logan looks down, clearly not knowing how to react. Su-Ryeon sees his eyes sparkling and his happiness when he finally raises his head again. But she can also detect something else, but it’s so fleeting she doesn’t have the time to pinpoint what exactly.

“Thank you...to the both of you...even remembering my birthday...I am blessed” Hyein laughs before hugging him.

“Logan is so shy in front of Mom...you are really in love with Mom...like a lot” Logan opens his mouth to talk but doesn’t say anything right away, he points his finger at her before speaking.

“Joo Hye-in…you...”

Su-Ryeon laughs when a nurse comes into their room.

“Miss Joo...it’s time for your session...oh...hello Mr. Lee”

“Mom...I love you so much...I need to go...call me back soon” she waves to her mom and stands up.

“Thank you...I have never been this happy when someone wished my birthday…” says Logan once Hye-In is gone.

“You will need to get used to it now...I have to thank you too...for Hye-In...You two are really close…” says Su-Ryeon with tenderness, before she cries again.

“Why are you crying ? nothing is wrong with Hye In...you saw it yourself...she looked so healthy”

“I know...I am just happy to see her like this...and she gets along with you so much”

 

The next days pass peacefully but it’s a little long for both of them.

Finally it’s the day he is supposed to come back. She goes out shopping. She intends to prepare a surprise.

He is supposed to arrive at around 9.00pm.

“I will propose to you first...I bet you won’t expect it...right ?” she thinks as she is humming happily while she prepares dinner.

“It’s been ages since I last cooked...I hope it doesn’t come out weird…” she wonders as she slices vegetables. After finishing in the kitchen and setting the table in the greenhouse next to the villa, she takes a bath and loses almost an hour selecting her outfit and the lingerie to go underneath.

“That ensemble is nice...but isn’t that too revealing” she laments holding a very low-cut black lace lingerie set. “That one looks too tame…” she says, throwing aside a plain white one.

“That red one...won’t it look like I try too hard to seduce him ? but I want to seduce him...”

She sets her choice on a classy beige corset underneath a khaki dress. She matched it with turquoise accessories. She puts on make-up before she goes downstairs. She goes over to the greenhouse, letting herself drop on the rounded couch in the corner, behind a massive potted plant.

And then the waiting begins, Clutching the jewellery bag to her chest, she keeps looking at the watch he gave her anxiously.

 

Logan calls Su-Ryeon as soon as his plane has landed.

“I missed you...are you still at the villa ? I am at the airport...I will come over immediately”

Logan’s heart beats faster immediately when he hears Su-Ryeon’s sweet voice at the other end of the line. She sounds bubbly and cheery and he can’t help but smile.

“Yes I am still here...I am waiting for you...come quickly” Logan smiles helplessly hearing her bubbly and cheery tone. He hung up and rushed toward his car.

 

For Su-Ryeon, The tension she has been feeling goes down a little “He will be here soon” she says with a bright smile. But he wasn’t coming. She starts to get impatient, she lays down on the couch, still holding her bag.

“I will just close my eyes for 5 minutes” but before she realized it she fell asleep.

 

More than an hour later, Logan finally crosses the front gate. He is almost at the door when he notices that the greenhouse adjacent to the main residence is lit.

Curious, he goes to check it out. He is stunned when he passes the glass door.

“What is….” the whole space is decorated with lanterns, candles. He gets to the table in the corner. a flower vase is filled with blue roses. Several plates are displayed under a cloche. He let himself drop on one of the chairs. He gets out his phone.

“Hello...I am the customer that called earlier to notify you we would be late...I apologize, I will have to cancel...something happened. Sorry for the inconvenience”

 

“You totally got ahead of me here,” he says out loud, looking at the ring box.

He rubs his eyes. “How can I be so lucky”. He stands up and goes over to the main villa, he is so out of it he didn’t notice Su-Ryeon was just a few meters away on the couch, hidden from view. He goes over to the kitchen and opens the fridge, intending to put the macarons box he bought on the way but is surprised to find that a strawberry tart is already sitting here.

“Sheesh...she even made the dessert...I looks so lame...not bringing anything on the table”

“It’s so perfect...she really upped the game here...but where is she ?” Logan calls out to her, searching for her in the rooms downstairs. But she is nowhere to be found. He goes upstairs.

“She is not here either...where is she ? don’t tell me…” He comes back to the greenhouse again, searching around, he jumps when he spots her on the sofa, deep asleep. He approaches slowly and sits beside her, caressing her hair.

 

“How beautiful...too bad the princess already fell asleep” he says, kissing her on the temple.

She shifts slightly upon the contact of his lips but doesn’t wake up. He gazes briefly at her peaceful appearance as she is asleep.

“She really looks like an angel right now…”

He is about to raise when she wraps her arms around his neck. Surprised, he barely manages to avoid falling on her.

“I waited so long for you...where do you think you’re going ? you’re not going anywhere” she says, drowsy.

Leaning on his elbows he lay beside her in the narrow space that is left.

“Now...what are you waiting for...just kiss me already” Su-Ryeon adds, making him smile.

“What a grumpy princess…” he whispers, leaning in and placing a small kiss on her lips. Opening her eyes after he breaks away from her she pulls him closer.

“More...it wasn’t even a real kiss” placing his hands on her cheeks he kissed her deeply.

“It was slightly better, but it’s still not enough” she tells him, sulking.

He showers her with kisses until she stops him, laughing. Logan gazed at her with admiration, reaching for one of her locks of hair.

“Sorry...I got carried away, you are really beautiful tonight..but why were you waiting here for me ? it’s chilly here, you should have worn something warm”

“Why does it always make me so happy somehow ?” she wonders as she looks down.

“Turquoise and gold will make you shine brighter as if it were possible I am sure” he thinks, helping her raise and sit on the couch.

She takes a good look at him herself.

“Did Logan dress to kill today ? that striped shirt looks very nice on you” she says with a smile, holding his hand, where two silver rings lie.

“It will look awesome with what I am going to give you tonight...I am sure” she thinks as Logan looks away, embarrassed.

“Really ?...thank you...I am sorry to have been so late… I got problems on the road” Logan explains, caressing her hair. “It’s for you…” he adds, offering her the bouquet. She smells the flowers, breaking into a smile immediately.

“They are so beautiful...thank you” she answers, hugging him again.

He stands up, taking the bouquet.

“Just wait here, I will be right back”

“Wait...where are you going ?” She tries to stop him but he is already at the door.

Sighing, she retrieves the small necklace box from its bag and hides it in her pocket quickly.

“I saw it...what you prepared...it’s amazing...I am too lucky...thank you so much” he answers once he is back. He goes over to the table and places down her tart and a box, probably containing some kind of dessert.

Wrapping a cardigan around her shoulders he asks innocently.

“What is in that bag ?” Su-Ryeon freezes on the spot.

“Nothing important, come on, let’s go eat...I am so hungry” she answers.