Chapter 27 : Hearts beating together as one

Rewriting the Stars, A penthouse Logryeon fanfic

The events are 1 year and 6 months after chapter 26, in Fall, on Logryeon’s wedding.

 

Su-Ryeon twists her fingers nervously on her lap while the hairdresser finishes styling her hair. She tries to maintain a calm and collected exterior, her head held up high. Someone knocks on the door. Oh Yoonhee enters the room when she is prompted to do so.

“Unni...oh...you are absolutely gorgeous” she raves while approaching Su-Ryeon.

“She is right ?” says the hairdresser with a kind smile.

“I am done Madam...if you don’t need anything else I will take my leave now”

“Sure...thank you very much” she answers with a polite smile. Once the hairdresser is gone,

Su-Ryeon stands up and paces in the room in front of her friend. Yoon Hee follow her friend with her eyes before asking “What is wrong with you ? Are you that stressed ? everything will be…” but Su-Ryeon cut her middle sentence by grabbing her by the shoulders, startling her.

“He isn’t even nervous at all...I could barely sleep yesterday...no I didn’t sleep I think ? I was so stressed out the whole time we prepared the wedding...how can he be so calm and collected? Do you hear me ?” she says, tightening her grasp on Yoonhee’s shoulders. Yoonhee winces slightly.

“Unni...it hurts, please calm down”

“How can I calm down ?!” she says, almost yelling.

“Take a deep breath...you are probably mistaken, I bet he is really nervous too...it’s Logan here, right ?”

“No he wasn’t...he fell asleep unbothered and he was whistling the whole morning”

Yoonhee tries to spread apart her friend’s arms that are still laying on her shoulders.

“He is probably pretending that’s all...you know him well, you are so nervous you just misunderstand...it is almost time, everyone is waiting...I will be going first, please try to calm down and come” As Yoonhee gets out of the room and walk into the corridor toward the wedding hall, she crosses paths with a delivery-man.

 

Su-Ryeon asks him to enter.

“Someone asked me to deliver this...are you Mme Shim Su-Ryeon ?”

“Well...yes I am” she answers. She signs the receipt and thanks the delivery man.

She breaks into a smile when she smells the bouquet Logan had delivered for her.

The scent allows her to relax a little.

“Blues roses and lavender...as expected” she read the small card that was going along with it.

“Stop twisting your hands, you are going to bruise it and it won’t look nice for pictures, and yes I was only pretending to be fine…I didn’t sleep either, can’t believe you fell for my fake snoring….see you later my queen”

“You...you fooled me again ? you are so dead... ” she says out loud, smiling.

 

Oh Yoonhee sits between Yoonchul and Hyein.

“How is Su-Ryeon-ssi ?” he asks

“She is really nervous...and she is angry at Logan too” she answers, laughing. All heads in their row turn around, intrigued and Yoonchul is very surprised.

“Why would she be angry at him ?”

“Because he was carefree while she is very anxious,” Alex snorted next to Yoonchul after hearing her words.

“He wasn’t what ? Who says that about a man who kept bumping into things all morning, kept muttering and almost strangled me earlier ?”

“He wanted to strangle you for a good reason...I would have done the same, but I wouldn’t have stopped,” says Dong Pil next to him.

“What did you do again ?” asks Yoon Hee. Hyein leaned in slightly to listen, grabbing her sister’s hand to attract her attention. Seok Kyung was seated just next to Dong Pil but wasn’t paying attention to the adults' conversation until now. She raised her eyes from her phone, curious.

“I didn’t do anything...he is just so prickly” says Alex to defend himself.

“You did...you said you would broadcast this... on the wedding reception later” says Yoonchul in a low voice.

“Broadcast what ?” Asks YoonHee. Yoonchul and Dong Pil don’t answer, they just look at each other. Alex grins.

“I see that these two are chickening out as usual...this is only some pictures with his ugly first girlfriend in high school...what is the big deal here I just don’t understand” Hyein frowns while Seok Kyung breaks into laughter. Yoon Hee covers .

“Alex...this is so mean...I won’t talk to you if you do this” says Hyein, sulking.

“No...this is just genius...please do it old fart” answers Seok Kyung.

“Hyein...you can’t stop talking to me...it’s unfair, it is not that bad...look even that snotty brat agree with me”

“If you bully Logan you are going to offend Hyein that’s for sure” answers Yoonchul. Hyein throws a glance at Alex and turns her head the other way.

“No...Hyein...I was just joking here”

“You got punished pretty fast, you deserve it, even if your plan was absolutely awesome, too bad” says Seok Kyung with a shrug. Alex shrugs back and points a finger in the direction of his brother. They all turn their heads toward Logan.

“Just look at him, look at that face, I hope he isn’t going to faint before Su-Ryeon arrives” Logan turns his head in his direction from the aisle and notices Alex is laughing. He throws him a dark glance. Dong Pil lowers Alex’s hand and Yoonchul elbows him.

“Where is Mari by the way ?” Asks Yoon Hee. Dong Pil points to the row situated parallel to them.

“Over there...she is with Ko Sang Ah and the others’s kids. Mari waved at them from the other’s side.

 

Logan cursed under his breath.

“Alex is such a curse…when I am already so nervous” He turns around toward the ceremony holder, which happens to be Secretary Hong after straightening himself. Mr. Hong looks at him and nods reassuringly. But Logan can’t stop his mind from overthinking.

“She should be here...what is she doing ? I tried to count backwards but it doesn’t work...it’s even worse than earlier...these YT videos are lying…” Logan closes his eyes and takes a deep breath when the door of the chapel opens.

“She is here...what am I going to do ?” he wonders, His heart starts to beat faster instantly. He finally risks opening his eyes after a short moment.

 

Shim Su-Ryeon smiles at him in the distance and starts to walk toward him with her hand resting on Seok Hoon’s arm. As her gait is slow, he has time to take it in fully, the full picture that is Su-Ryeon getting clearer as she gets closer to him, with small details being added up at each of her steps.

Her high waisted pearl embroidered wedding dress, the thin material floating gracefully at each step she takes, then as she is only few meters away he notice her necklace, a thin gold chain with a single pearl as a pendant and finally when she stops in front of him and smile faintly at him, the simple pearl adorning her ears and her light make-up who highlight her delicate features. Seok Hoon removes his mother’s hand from his arm and holds it to Logan. Both cross their eyes and Seok Hoon smiles at him while Logan takes Su-Ryeon’s hand.

“I am leaving her in your care now...” thinks Seok Hoon while turning around. Seeing Seok Hoon getting teary eyed, Rona pats him on the back when he gets seated between her and Jung Doo Man.

 

Logan and Su-Ryeon gaze at each other, holding hands.

“You look so beautiful,” he told her silently. Su-Ryeon smiled widely at him.

“You too” she answers back in silence too. Logan squeezed her hands in response.

 

“I admit he looks kinda cool like this,” says Seok Kyung in a low voice.

“Of course we look handsome, what luck do you have to be part of our family, right ?” whispers Alex, Seok Kyung smiles before answering

“Why are your hearing so good when you are already so old ?” she sneers.

“Will you all be quiet ? Mr. Hong will start shortly” scolds Seok Hoon in the row behind them.

“Big brother...you are always so uptight just like Logan,” replied Seok Kyung, making Alex chuckle. Hye In sighed loudly, making him stop immediately.

“Serves you right” adds Dong Pil with Yoonchul nodding in agreement.

Mr Hong. coughed behind the couple to call everyone’s attention.

Once it’s done, he starts his speech, the couple both listening but more immersed in their own world.

“Do we really have to say it out loud ?” thinks Su-Ryeon, anxious. As he had heard her, Logan smiled.

“Of course...we need to be both embarrassed at the same time here” he thinks, tilting his head.

“You shall now pronounce your vows” concludes Mr Hong, making Logan flinch. Su-Ryeon squeezed his hands to encourage him. Logan cleared his throat before speaking.

“How lucky am I to call you mine? Your love and trust makes me a better person, each and every day. For all those times that we've been together, there's always been a mutual understanding that's only shared when two people love each other truly. You were there for my greatest challenges. You encouraged me to grow. You helped believe in myself and become the person that I am today. In your arms and by your side, I know I can do anything. I'm proud to call you my wife” he concludes by sliding her alliance on her finger. Su-Ryeon looks down on her hand.

 

“If I raise my eyes and I look at him now I will cry again...but I have to” she encourages herself before lifting her head.

“Hold your head high...you are a queen” he thinks, lifting his chin, making her relax and smile. She maintains his gaze and begins to speak.

 

The sun smiles on us today, our wedding day, and how can it not. With our hearts beating together as one, our love warms the world. I love you with all my heart. You're my love, light and soulmate. You're the person that keeps me dancing, smiling, and laughing. I give you this ring as a sign of my love that's forever, eternal and never ending, like the circle in this ring”

Su-Ryeon’s vision is blurred by tears as it’s her turn to put Logan’s ring on his finger. She notices he is the same when she raises her head again.

“Don’t cry...or I will cry, I am at my limit here” he pleads silently to her. Su-Ryeon shakes her head.

“Do you think I am doing this on purpose ?” she thinks while taking his hand again. He held her hand tightly.

Both have consented together in marriage, declaring their love for one another. They are now officially married, you may seal your promise with a kiss” says Mr. Hong, suppressing a cough.

Logan leans in to kiss Su-Ryeon, cupping her face to hide her tears from view. Su-Ryeon discreetly wiping away his own with one finger. Both break away with each other with a smile.

 

They didn’t choose Fall for nothing for their wedding as it was Seol Ah’s favorite’s season.

The weather was clear today and the vibrant shades of red, orange and yellow of the leaves contrasted with the calming hue of the blue sky.

As they get out of the chapel and stop in front of people, Yoon Hee retreats slightly from the crowd, with embarrassment clear on her face. Su-Ryeon gestures to Logan to come closer.

“Look at her trying to retreat to not catch the bouquet”

“It seems she doesn’t want to marry after all...but her man sure wants too”

“Not at all...she really wants to...she is only too scared to admit it...so I will help her out…”

Hyein and Seok-Kyung place themselves in front of their mothers with Rona, Mari and Sang Ah too.

“Aren’t these two already married ?” asks Yoonchul with a laugh. Dong Pil rolls his eyes.

“So childish, they just want to catch it” answers Dong Pil. Alex and Logan exchange a stare. Alex nods and pulls both Hyein and Seok Kyung away. Seok Kyung spun around trying to shove him off. Hye-In throws him a helpless glance.

“What are you doing, old fart ? I want to try too” grit Seok Kyung between her teeth.

“Alex...let go...this is not fair” pleaded Hye In.

Su-Ryeon crosses eyes with Mari and Sang Ah. Mari nods silently and both approaches Yoon Hee quietly.

“Didn’t you want to catch the bouquet ?” she asks, puzzled.

“We are already married, unfortunately” answers Mari with a shrug. Both women link arms with Yoon Hee.

“What are you doing, you two all of sudden ?” Su-Ryeon throws the bouquet in their direction, they both lift Yoonhee’s arms at the same time. The bouquet landed perfectly in her hands. “You...you tricked me ?” she asks, abashed. She looks down at the bouquet trying to hide her smile shortly after.

Yoonchul turns around to hide his contentement. Dong Pil and Alex slap him on the back.

“Aren’t you so happy ?” asks Dong Pil with a loud laugh.

“Yoonhee-ah…of course I would be happy” he answers with a huge smile.

“He really looks dumbstruck....dating and marriage made my brother and my friends like this...this is scary” note Alex with regret.

“You know catching the bouquet doesn’t mean anything, you need to propose to her if you dream of being in the place of these two next” adds Dong Pil.

 

Upon entering the wedding hall, everyone let out a gasp. The hall had typical Su-Ryeon’s signature, with plants and flowers everywhere but still with a very luxurious touch.

The round tables, covered in a classic white tablecloth, were disposed in front of a large space dedicated to the dancefloor. The buffet was situated on the left,employees attending to it. Several groups of people were chatting between each other. Waiters were circulating between each, proposing beverages.

As Logan had done the speech for their engagement, it was decided that Su-Ryeon would be the one speaking at their wedding. Needless to say it was nerve-wracking for her and she rehearsed for a long time.

But no one in the room noticed Su-Ryeon was nervous. Su-Ryeon radiated gracefulness and calm as she stood in front of the guests. Everyone was captivated by the beauty fully dressed in white who was speaking in front of them, pausing from time to time to look in the direction of Logan who was standing beside her, listening intently.

She raised her glass at the end of the speech, inviting everyone to enjoy the party.

 

“You were amazing…as expected from Shim Su-Ryeon…everyone was hanging on your every word…as I was too” praises Logan. Su-Ryeon lifts her hands.

“Please…I wasn’t that great…”

“You really were…I am sure you will manage to mesmerize everyone at the first dance later”

“I am so nervous…I hope it will be fine…”

“It will…you dance really well I already told you so many times…” he held out his hand to her.

“Let’s go sit down, alright ?”

Su-Ryeon and Logan headed toward the table they were sharing with the kids, Alex, Yoonchul and Yoonhee. Su-Ryeon glanced at the cocktail menu.

“Empress Lavender…Pear Vanilla Gin Fizz of course…but what is that one ? The Soul Kiss ?”

“That one is actually a creation…you remember when we were reviewing the menu with the wedding planner team ? they said there would be a mystery cocktail there”

“Oh yes…”

“It is actually a surprise…I don’t know what is in it either…so let’s find out”

Both look at each other when one of the waiters places the glasses on their table. The frosted glass is filled with a vibrant rose red liquid with mint leaves topping. Both are wide-eyed after tasting the cocktail. Logan breaks the silence first.

“ Mint and Blackberry…This cocktail…now I would like to know how they picked the flavor exactly ?”

“But…I understand why it’s called a 'Soul Kiss ' now” she answers shyly, biting her lower lip. Logan cups her cheek.

“This cocktail is very good…but it cannot be compared to kissing you of course” Su-Ryeon meets his gaze.

“You are outrageous” Logan inclined his head after her words.

“I am outrageous…but I am not wrong…right ?”*

 

And then comes the time for the first dance and Su-Ryeon bravely takes Logan's outstretched hand and both move toward the center of the room, Logan brings her closer as the music starts. Su-Ryeon takes a deep breath and what she does next makes Logan break into a smile.

“See…I can do it too” she says, lifting her chin. Logan holds her hand tighter, his gaze softening. “Very well done…”

“It looked silly back then…but it works” she answers as both twirl around following the rhythm, her dress fluttering at each of her motions.

“Of course it does…but only because you needed a little nudge…you were always more than capable of doing it…”

The guests around them quietly watch the couple fully dressed in white in front of their eyes.

If Su-Ryeon saw them, she would notice their admirative gaze, but she is so focused on the man in front of her she doesn’t. She is actually surprised when the song comes to a halt as she was totally in her bubble with Logan and didn’t see time pass at all. Her children approach them as they break away from each other.

“Logan…can I steal mom from you just “le temps d’une chanson” ?” asks Seok Hoon. Both Logan and Su-Ryeon laugh. Logan holds out Su-Ryeon’s hand to her son.

“Of course, avec plaisir” Logan answers, holding out Su-Ryeon’s hand to Seok Hoon

“Then mom won’t mind if we steal Logan” answers Seok Kyung behind them with Hye-In beside her.

“Only because you are my dear daughters” answers Su-Ryeon.

She turns her head and begins to dance with her son, leaving Logan to his premises, with Alex coming into the mix.

“How can I dance with both ? I am not that good”

“You have no imagination, you take turns sweet brother…I will dance with Hye-In first since I saved you here” says Alex, taking Hye-In’s hand.

“No…I wanted to dance with Logan first…” protested Hye-In, throwing a glance behind her. Seok Kyung sticks out her tongue to her.

“Nice one old fart…we managed to kill two birds with one stone…now come here the teacher” Logan takes a step backward.

“it look like more trying to torment me than dancing here somehow”

“Why are you so pessimistic…I only want to dance with my step-father…isn’t that adorable ?” Logan shrugs and takes her hand

“I am pretty sure she is going to step on my foot every second…but what can I do”

 

Seok Hoon smiles at his mother.

“Mom…you are really good at dancing…I am so glad to see you so happy…”

“I am happy my baby…I am glad you got close to your father too…did the two of you take time to chat today ?” Seok Hoon looks down.

“Yes of course we did…actually he is the one who told me these words in french earlier” he says.

“Oh really ?” Seok Hoon makes her spin around before replying.

“Yes…it means “just for the duration of a song”” Su-Ryeon laughs.

“You two were plotting to steal a dance, I see, how cute…what did Logan answer ?”

“Logan said “with great pleasure” mom” Su-Ryeon giggled.

“Logan is so cute” Seok Hoon purses his lips, suppressing a laugh.

“Mom…I never expected one day you would be like this…”

“How I am ?” asks Su-Ryeon innocently.

“Mom is adorable when she is in love…Dad…Dan Tae never made you shine so brightly…I am glad you met Logan” They cross paths with Yoonhee who is dancing with Yoonchul as they are twirling.

“Ahjumma…she is shining brightly like you mom” chuckles Seok Hoon.

“Really….it’s written all over her face here”

 

Logan rushes to Hye In at the end of the first song to dance with her.

“Hye-in…your sister…she is a monster” Hye-In pats his shoulder.

“I am so sorry, Alex and Hye-In are too much when they are together” Both throw a glance in the direction of the two who are arguing as they are dancing.

“Not like this…bratty princess, you’re supposed to spin around here” says Alex. Seok Kyung rolls her eyes before shouting back

“Shut up old fart…maybe I should give you some foot lessons like your brother over here ?”

“If you stomp on my feet one single time you will regret it until the end of your life I think”

“Oh…really ? let’s try it then”

 

Logan and Yoonchul end up next to each other as they are dancing with their respective partners.

“Hyung…finally…you kept trying and you reached their hearts, right ?” Yoon Chul doesn’t answer right away.

“I think I am finally freed from my guilt now…is that the same for you ?” Logan breaks into a smile.

“Yes…I am free now, definitely”

 

Su-Ryeon breaks away from Seok Hoon at the end of the song. And this is when she spots her in the distance, smiling softly with a hint of regret in her eyes. Su-Ryeon barely manages to stay collected. Seol Ah turns around and heads for the exit of the wedding hall.

Su-Ryeon intends to rush to her daughter, but her son stops her by the hand, making her spin around.

“Mom...what’s wrong?” Su-Ryeon doesn’t answer, she scans the room until she finally spots her daughter who is already at the door.

“Excuse me…” she answers, breaking free from Seok Hoon and hurrying after Seol Ah.

She makes her way amongst the guests, her heart racing. People turn around, worry clear on their face but she doesn’t stop.

She finally catches up and stops a few meters away from her. Seol Ah is standing right in the center of the garden situated behind the wedding hall building.

“This place...I came here before...I recognize it...but it’s impossible”

Only a single street light and the moon cast an ethereal light on the scenery and Su-Ryeon wonders if she has fallen asleep without her noticing it and is dreaming right now.

Because she can’t be here. She approaches her daughter cautiously, afraid the scene will vanish before her eyes if she is too hasty. Seol Ah smiles widely at her when she finally stops in front of her. Su-Ryeon’s hands tremble when she pulls her daughter into a hug.

“My baby...my daughter…how I miss you everyday…even if it’s only a dream it’s fine”

Both pull away from each other.

“This place...how it is even possible...this is where I saw you in my dream…” she adds, caressing her daughter’s hair.

“Do you like it ? I brought you here on purpose in that dream last time...I wanted to give you a sneak-peak of what you could have if you hung in there...congratulations Mom...I always wanted to see you happy and witnessing such a day was my dearest wish” Seol Ah answers. Su-Ryeons ponders on her words.

“What does she mean...how could she know that place back then ?” she wonders, her mind racing with thoughts.

“Did my flower help back then ? How was my gift to both of you ? I chose it very carefully too…” Seol Ah asks mysteriously.

“I didn’t even dare to touch it...it is too precious…” Su-Ryeon answers, her voice trembling due to emotion. Seol Ah looks down, still smiling.

“Was I referring to the candied apples only ?” she asks, her tone still enigmatic.

“Mom...I was the one who led him to you from the beginning...but I am not allowed to say it out loud...I hope you can figure it out by yourself one day” she thinks as Su-Ryeon keeps looking at her in utter confusion. Seol Ah takes her mother’s hands.

“Mom...I am grateful that you were my mother...I couldn’t have dreamt of something better...it was the wrong timing in that lifetime….but maybe in another life let’s spend more time together...I have to go now...he should arrive shortly...I hope he didn’t forget what I asked him last time…” Su-Ryeon squeezes her daughter’s hands, tears filling her eyes.

“No...I cannot let you go yet…” She pulls her daughter in a hug again, clinging to her tightly.

“I have so many things to tell you..I have so many things to listen to too…” Her daughter hugged her back, tears rolling on her cheeks.

“Don’t be like this mom...you know it’s impossible”

Su-Ryeon collapses on the ground when her daughter vanishes, her tears unstoppable.

“Seol Ah…” She jumps in fright when Logan wraps a coat around her shoulders before kneeling in front of her. He looks at her in utter shock.

“What’s wrong...why are you crying ? What happened ? why are you out here in the cold, on the ground ?” he asks, grabbing her by the shoulders.

Su-Ryeon tries to answer but her voice breaks mid-sentence.

“She...Seol Ah...she...was here...she” She regrets her words immediately. He will think she is insane. Who would believe such an implausible story ? She didn’t expect his reaction next at all. Logan nods.

“I see...you saw her tonight...it’s amazing she came here today…” Su-Ryeon grabs him back by the shoulders.

“What do you mean ? Have you seen her before ? how come you aren’t even slightly surprised ?” Logan averts his gaze.

“I did...but I never dared to tell you...I was afraid you wouldn’t believe me” Su-Ryeon let her hands drop off his arms, rendered speechless by his confession.

“I can’t believe this…” she whispers a short while after, shaking her head.

“I am sorry….to have hidden it from you...I dreamt of her many times too...and she was here at the hospital...it’s probably thanks to her I was treated on time too” Su-Ryeon met his gaze again.

“Then...what she meant earlier....did she ask you something by any chance ?”

“I cannot say it out loud...just fathoming the idea she would have made us meet on purpose...it is too far fetched…” Logan embraces her and she is amazed at how warm he makes her feel instantly.

“She...she asked me to fulfill another promise...I have to make someone else aside from you happy...I think...I made it somehow” he says, holding onto her tightly. Su-Ryeon laughs.

“Really…who was it ?” Logan smiles upon her question but he doesn’t answer.

“I bet he is someone amazing if Seol Ah tasked you with his happiness...can I meet him ?”

“Teasing me...I am glad you stopped crying…” he replies. She hugs him back.

“That person...it’s one of the person I love the most in the world...I am glad he has finally reached happiness”

 

Epilogue, around 2 years later.

After selling the Penthouse to Baek Jun Ki who had recovered his identity, they moved into Logan's villa . They had also bought a vacation house by the lakeside as it was Su-Ryeon’s dream.

The kids had all graduated and were all in university, apart from Seok Kyung who had taken a year off following her admitting her past bullying incident. Su-Ryeon had entrusted many of the businesses they had purchased from Seo Jin’s family and Dan Tae’s to trusted partners, be it professional, familial or amical.

They were mainly spending time leisurely with friends, family but mainly together.

 

Logan came out of the kitchen with beverages and stepped outside. The sun was setting in the early evening of an ordinary day in July. He stopped briefly by the balcony situated next to the wooden staircase that was leading to the garden. Logan leaned in briefly on the balustrade, observing the people below. Su-Ryeon was sitting at a table, chatting happily with Yoon Hee while sipping a cocktail. His friends, Dong Pil and Yoonchul were attending a barbecue with Alex. The air was filled with the unmistakable smell of grilled meat and the sound of lively chatter and laughter, with music in the background. The kids were in a corner, whispering between each other, probably preparing something against the adults, but Logan didn’t mind as he was standing in great distance.

The kids stood up and set off the garden’s hose, sprinkling the men. Rona and Eun Byeol were the instigators, targeting mainly their father. Su-Ryeon and Yoon Hee were watching, laughing loudly. Yoonchul lifted the corner of his T-shirt, sheepish.

“You guys…how could you plot against me like this ?” Dong Pil roared with laughter and gave him a slap in the back, making him stumble.

“Aren’t you happy being teased by your two daughters ?” he said, making Yoonchul smile.

“Give me the tongs, if we wait until you finish we will be at this until tomorrow” said Alex laughing. Logan is about to join them when a voice behind him makes him almost jump.

 

“Woah…the view is breath-taking…it’s as if mom's painting has come to life…but better” He turns around. His sister is leaning on the balcony just next to him.

“You two really did it…”

“Seol Ah…”

“I planned to leave sooner…when you two would be reunited and safe…But they said that I should stay until her home is filled with laughter again…as it was how they wanted to remember her…they will be happy when they hear the news”

“Who is “they””? asks Logan, puzzled.

“Of course…my grandparents…they like you a lot, even if they couldn’t meet you” Logan isn’t even surprised anymore.

“Su-Ryeon’s parents…I see” he says, breaking into a smile.

“Even my father accepted you…” she said, teasing him.This time Logan coughed.

“What ?”

“He said that it’s better that way, and he is grateful you took care of mom and Seok Kyung in his stead”

“So…you are leaving for good this time ?” he asks, a lump forming in his throat.

“Yes I am…I am glad you held all your promises and that both of you are finally happy and free…the timing was off, but it was worth it” Alex call over his brother, in the split second he turns around, Seol Ah vanishes, leaving him alone on the balcony when he turns back.

“Seol Ah…but I didn’t even say goodbye” he whispers, his eyes full of tears. Su-Ryeon lifts her head at this moment and catches sight of him wiping off his eyes. She tilts her head, puzzled.

“Logan” as if he had heard her, he shifted his gaze to her and smiled. Su-Ryeon climbs the stairs and joins him. She seems worried.

“What were you doing up there all this time ? Is something wrong ?” She searches for his eyes.

“Did you cry ? what happened ?” Logan places his hand on her shoulders.

“I never knew that day would come…where you talk more than me” Su-Ryeon pouts.

“I was serious here…what’s wrong ?”

“Nothing is wrong at all…I was just observing you all having fun…to see things from another perspective.”

“Really ?” She turns around and leans on the balustrade too. Logan comes next to her. She breaks the silence a short moment after.

“Oh…you’re right…it’s like watching a movie from there…interesting” she notes, smiling. She pauses before keeping on.

That new life…it’s exactly what I always envisioned when I was growing up…I am glad I am allowed to realize my dream” Logan ponders on her words.

“Is she referring to our conversation at the hotel back then ?”* he wonders, pondering on her words as she keeps smiling. Logan makes her turn toward him.

“You always deserved it…and this is only the beginning” Su-Ryeon nods.

Logan hesitates before uttering his next words.

“She was there…Seol Ah” Su-Ryeon smiles again.

“I know…I saw her…she didn’t get to say goodbye to you last time, right ?” Logan is surprised.

“Did you see her just now ?” Su-Ryeons nods in agreement, she places her hands on his cheeks.

“Seol Ah…she sent me to you…she was the one who made us meet…I am sure now…” Logan put his hands above hers.

“Maybe…it could be” he answers, reaching for her lips.

“Each time you kiss me…I am brought back to that time you wiped away my tears…” she thinks.

“Because I cannot forget there was a moment I thought it was the last” he thinks at the same time. Still in each other’s arms after breaking away from each other’s lips, both lift their heads toward the now starry sky, with finally the sentiment that their fates are in their own hands.

They are interrupted by a voice calling them from below.

“Hey you guys…I am sure you are having fun, but mind joining us back there ?” says Alex, grinning.

“We’re coming, we’re coming” answers Su-Ryeon.

“I knew I could count on you sister in law…this brother of mine always wants to keep you for himself” Logan shrugs after his brother’s words. Su-Ryeon takes his hand.

“Shall we go ?” Logan smiles.

“Of course…after you”

 

As Su-Ryeon takes the last step separating them from their family and friends, she vaguely recalls there was a time where she was plunged in cold and darkness and used to have a certain dream…but she cannot recall what it was exactly, it seems to have vanished completely from her memories.

 

 

END

 


 

Author’s notes :

Ha…we reached the ending…our Logryeon are happy and free surrounded by their close friend and their family having a typical summer evening party. Of course the starry sky is a reminder of the title of the ff :)

I know it’s sad that it’s ended already, but don’t worry…we could have more adventures with them in the future. I hope you liked my take on the story…

Now onto the parallel :

  • Soul’s kiss is another word for french-kissing or deep kiss.

  • About their “outrageous” dialogue it’s a wink to the car scene in chapter 17, after Logan teases her. Su-Ryeon’s lines here are as follow

You are so outrageous…you...” [...]

“I said you were outrageous...I never said you were wrong…”

  • Their dance is a parallel to chapter 26, the engagement dance

  • Seol Ah and Su-Ryeon meet at the same garden of her dream in chapter 13

it implies that their wedding was always meant to be…

  • Logan finally fulfilled his last promise to Seol Ah in the garden. Logan’s “.I have to make someone else aside from you happy...I think...I made it somehow”

  • In the Epilogue, we understand that Su-Ryeon has finally regained her smile and joy of life from back when she was little. Hints are in chapter 17, Junki’s “I hope you smile like you used to back when you were younger...” and chapter 21 Su-Ryeon’s “I liked the parties my parents were throwing...many people in the house...the sound of laughter…”

  • Su-Ryeon mention their “new life” it’s another wink to chapter 2 when he tries to comfort her after she run away from the Penthouse

  • Their last kiss is a wink to their monologue in chapter 26 bedscene…but this time Su-Ryeon insists on the beginning (chapter 3’s kiss) while Logan thinks about the ending…