Grumble

Back To Your Arms

The day went casually slow and it was going fine with Heart

But the opposite with Mark. The day was relatively slower than before, it wasn't even half nice. He told the members he'd be in the dorms, wanting a time for himself and sort this ugly feeling out while he still has the moment.

Do I possibly like her? Pero ilang Linggo pa lang which is probably fast.

Baka I do like her pero as a friend.

Yeah, yeah I do.

Mark nodded, encouraging himself it's him liking her in a friendly approach. Despite that, whenever he sees Sehun come and go into their practice room, he couldn't help but avert his eyes from them and towards Haechan and the others desiring to disregard that horrible feeling he has been getting for more than a day. He barely gets close to her if his sunbae is around.

He didn't miss those hands of his yearning to reach out for Heart. He noticed how Heart would let him go with it, his vulnerable heart aching every time he sees them together.

What he wasn't aware of was the glimmering dejection in her hazelnut orbs.

Every week he slowly loses touch with her.

After 2 months, he had already succeeded.

-----

It made him a bit at ease, thankfully. He just hopes that one incident he had witnessed doesn't make him suffer from the daggers and swords it would strike to his chest. He thought a nice stroll would calm his pitiful self. Slurping his watermelon-flavored snow cone, he mindlessly took a stroll through the dark streets, few lights sparking on his way.

Sipping the few drops of the melted ice, he suddenly heard a loud chatter from somewhere near.

"Bestie! You are ing drunk!"

"What the do you care Jas, I wanted to get wasted!"

"Ugh! Di kita kukunin bahala ka diyan."

She sounds familiar...

"Ano? Iiwanan mo ako dito?"

"Baka."

"See, you won't."

"But you were flirting with some random stranger na para bang gusto ka na niyang kainin any ing moment now", she deeply sighed.

Mark took a few more closer steps, the neon pink letterings caught his attention.

Bar?

The chatters started again, he whistled and walked near the girls but stopped when someone who had the only face of the cause of his wounded soul.

"Heart?"

The girl stood up with the same shocked look on her face, both eyes staring at each other with bitterness, screaming for the happiness they had been longing for since then. Losing each others' warmness in the mornings left them upset each day has passed.

"M-Mark..."

-----

"Bakit mo ako iniiwasan?"

The male didn't utter a word. The two sat on a nearby bench they had found, the chilly breeze passing by causing to shiver Heart.

"Please answer...", she pleaded. Finally, he spoke.

"Lasing ka."

"The you care kung lasing ako. I still want answers", she grumbled. He heaved a sigh at her stubbornness.

"Bakit ka nagpunta sa bar muna."

"I asked first kaya I deserve the first answer."

"Not until you tell me why you wanted to get wasted."

If she's stubborn, mas malala ako.

"It was me who invited Jasmine, okay!" she shouted.

"That friend of yours?"

"Duh, sino pa ba, a guy?"

"Bakit?"

"She wanted to get wasted", a lady with denim skinny jeans and a coffee-colored coat over her shoulders walked to them. Her expression remained. Her eyes were drowsy her lips slightly agape boredness painted on her face as she strode near them.

"Anyways, she was blabbering nonstop tungkol dito sa isang lalaki tas nagcomplain na he was such a jerk for ignoring her ng higit dalawang buwan ata 'yun, and yeah. So aalis na ako since you two need time I guess? Doon ako sa SM building", she waved her hand and walked out from the two.

Mark swore he thought he wouldn't be able to catch the words left in . She was damn fast of a talker.

"Now she's gone, sagutin mo na ako."

She can't get over it huh...

He then faced her after some time, calming his rapid heartbeat from jumping out of his chest any moment.

"Look, kung sinabi ko ba would it change anything?"

"Sa akin oo", her eyes shone yet again, and it affected Mark, badly.

"... Gusto kita."

He widened his eyes that were shaped like saucers at his words. Quickly he snapped his head towards Heart who didn't budge.

What the did I say?

He began to sweat, contrasting the snowy wind passing by. Heart slowly turned at him, her face serene like the ocean waves going back and forth by the large stones.

"Gusto rin kita, bestie! OMG!"

This hurt more than I've imagined.

-----

BONUS CHAPTER

 

Jasmine yawned for the hundredth time this night, shivering on her sit while waiting for her messed up of a friend, inviting her late at night for a party just so she could forget the male she had been complaining about.

You like him, you just don't know bes'. He's basically that guy you had been crying your eyes out three years ago.

She thought, her hair standing against her skin from the cold.

A man suddenly came out of nowhere, rubbing his eyes as he walked towards...

... eh?

"Anong ginagawa mo dito, miss?" he questioned with a groggy voice.

"U-umm... Waiting..."

Oh my, ang cute niya shet.

The male nodded. He stretched out his limbs and pouted afterward. She could have sworn he looked so adorable as he spread his limbs lazily. His head moving everywhere in the place, furrowing the girl's eyebrows.

"What are you looking for?"

"Specifically, 'who'", he corrected.

"But either way, may nakita ka bang lalaki na may purple locks tapos may red snow cone at baggy pants?"

"He wasn't holding anything pero anong kulay pants niya?"

"Itim."

"Di ako sigurado if it's him, but I met someone that kind of fit your description and he is coming with a friend of mine", she shrugged.

"Who?"

"Heart."